Hi all

First and most important - this post has Eddie's blessing! Wouldn't want to upset him ;-)

OK, I just wanted to give awareness that the Newmark 6BB Chronograph which I have been working on for what seems far too long is going to be launched on Kickstarter during the final week of August; the actual date to be confirmed but likely 28th or 29th. We have a mailing list sign up which can be accessed at https://www.newmarkwatchcompany.com.

There will be an Earlybird offering at which the watch will be priced at £200.00 which I hope you feel is good value.

Yes, the watch is quartz but with no viable (and reliable) mechanical movement available this was the only way to go, however the Seiko VK64 meca-quartz module is I feel a good choice in this respect. Having had some time now to evaluate the prototypes I have come to the conclusion that I would wear the watch myself! Coming from me, that's a fair indication that I am pleased with it, it certainly feels 'right' on the wrist.

I'm hoping that the 6BB will be the first of many Newmark watches to come but this one needs to succeed first - I must say that developing a watch with the commensurate trials and tribulations is a great way to lose weight!

I am sure that some of you are aware of the project but as a 'just in case' I wanted to post here.

Please feel free to e-mail me or PM me with any questions about the Newmark Chrono and thanks to Eddie for his consent.

Cheers

Ewan