closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carwow for a new Audi?

Carwow for a new Audi?

Hi Chap,

I'm considering buying a new Audi Q7. Seems that the used prices are quite solid. I've specced one up for around £77k. Any ideas on what discounts I'd typically expect from CARWOW? (I was originally planning to view a highly specced used one tomorrow and potentially buy).

Thanks all.

If you’re looking to lease/contract hire, all dealers will be offering about the same rentals (Audi has now taken control of pricing, so it’s uniform across the network).

If you’re looking to factory order, be prepared for a bit of a wait due to new emissions testing.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by luckyhands View Post
    Hi Chap,

I'm considering buying a new Audi Q7. Seems that the used prices are quite solid. I've specced one up for around £77k. Any ideas on what discounts I'd typically expect from CARWOW? (I was originally planning to view a highly specced used one tomorrow and potentially buy).

Thanks all.
    Have you considered contacting Carwow and asking them.?
    Just curious here of course....

I'm in exactly the same position as you, carwow is great and very quick.

Discounts are around 13% inc an Audi £1.5k pcp deposit contribution.

For me, I yesterday left a deposit on a used car that was 4 months old as I couldn't be bothered waiting until 2019 for one, was the spec I wanted and it gave me another few thousand off.

Mine is Black Orca Metallic, comfort and sound (bose, camera and keyless entry), technology pack (cockpit, HUD etc), style pack (pano roof, side steps, led trim lighting), tour pack advanced (radar cruise, autonomous), memory seats/mirrors , valcona leather, black package, 22" wheels.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Jacob

Master
    I obtained CarWow quotes for a Q7 e-tron (PHEV) recently. The best discount was 14.1% including the £1.5k deposit contribution. More may be possible for diesel models.

As suggested above, why not submit your spec and wait for dealers’ quotes? For all the 3 cars (one Audi and two others), I requested quotes at night and received 5 responses for each the following day. Most of them before lunch time.

Craftsman
    Also check the price on Drive the Deal

Also try carfile.net, they offered me a bigger discount than carwow.

Am I missing something with this thread, should it not start with something like.............................................. .....I have a quote from carwow

Master
    (I was originally planning to view a highly specced used one tomorrow and potentially buy)
    I think that’s the bit me and possibly some of the other posters missed/ignored. Doesn’t allow for any time to wait for quotes.

Carwow quotes are typically very quick. It is always worth getting them, as if nothing else, they can be great bargaining chips when it comes to negotiation. It's not uncommon to get an offer from your local dealer.

Master
    I used carwow recently for an Audi to get an idea of the discount offers available out there. In the end I think the best offer was about 14%. I then went along to my local dealer and they matched it so I was happy. Actually this was a couple of grand cheaper than their first offer which, tbh, I thought was okay - just goes to show. I've used carwow a couple of times in this way but, I admit, never actually done a purchase through them.

Master
    Not for an Audi but used it for a new car for my mum and quotes came in very quickly over half of them within a hour.
    The local dealer offered a better deal via carwow than they were prepared to offer in the showroom.
    In the end we went from Dorset to Doncaster to buy as the difference in prices was massive.

Master
    I have done the same (not with Audi as we decided against Q7) ... took the best CarWow quote from a dealer far away, showed it to my local dealer and they matched it. Their own CarWow quote wasn’t bad either (much better than the 2% discount they offered me before I went to CarWow) but since I was able to get more elsewhere, they were happy to do a deal. My haggling skills are terrible so this was a stress-free way of getting a decent discount.

Craftsman

Audi Q7 Discount

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Also check the price on Drive the Deal
    Discount on Drive the Deal is about 15.5% on an Audi Q7.

Example:
    Audi Q7 3.0 TDi Quattro S Line 5dr Tip Auto - £48,995 - This is a discount of 15.5%

I think Carfile are offering around 13% discount on the same car
    Last edited by Spy; 2nd August 2018 at 09:39.

Apprentice
    Now sure about carwow etc but the Q7 is a great motor. I recently got one for the trouble n strife and she’s really happy with it. And if she’s happy then anyone will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Why don’t you just put the details into Car Wow. It takes minutes and costs nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Am I missing something with this thread, should it not start with something like.............................................. .....I have a quote from carwow
    I should have explained. Carwow only works during the day (when dealers are opened). I needed to make a decision sharpish as I had a ride to view a Q7 down in Watford. If carwow was going to be significantly cheaper, then I would then save the ride down (and potentially a 4 hours train back if I didn't like the car) as the price wasn't huge reduced.

So, did you view the car and if so what did you think?

Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    So, did you view the car and if so what did you think?
    I've put a deposit on it, with an agreement of if he says it's now what it is, I get it back. I'm going to collect it in a fortnight. If you ever pass near Leeds or East Yorkshire, come and take a look!
    Problem is, as you said, getting the correct spec is hard. The one I've reserved has everything I would want in my dream car apart from Towbar. It gets a bit confusing as the packs have changed names (This car is less than 1 year old).

I was in the same position of you of thinking "Do I go basic SQ7" spec, but in reality, I knew that I'd prefer all the toys over a brutally fast car. The 272BHP still does 0-60 in 6.5, about the same as my John Cooper Works MINI!
    Have you decided what you're doing?

So I'm coming from a 535d m sport with similar performance to an SQ7 and the reality is whenever I actually use the power I feel like a bit of an anti social hooligan and that is probably 2% of the time. There's no real sacrifice with a 5 series as it's a common car and cheap to buy and run. The SQ7 is far dearer to buy ans run than the 272 model and I'd use the performance a fraction of the time. The spec is what id use daily and will enhance my enjoyment of the car and I am rather spoiled at present.

So I left a deposit on a black 2018 Q7 as above with almost all the options I want and more than I need. Comfort and sound. Visibility. Style pack and tour pack advance with air suspension, valcona memory seats etc. It's black which is not my favourite colour or even second favourite and it has 22" alloys which are larger than id like. Other than that it ticks the boxes.

Still in two minds though depending on my mood...I've left £500 deposit which I've been told is refundable if the repairs to the bumpers and wheel repair(very minor scratches to both) are not to my satisfaction... We'll see.

I'm set on a Q7 though. That's for certain, amazing family cars.

So I'm coming from a 535d m sport with similar performance to an SQ7 and the reality is whenever I actually use the power I feel like a bit of an anti social hooligan and that is probably 2% of the time. There's no real sacrifice with a 5 series as it's a common car and cheap to buy and run. The SQ7 is far dearer to buy ans run than the 272 model and I'd use the performance a fraction of the time. The spec is what id use daily and will enhance my enjoyment of the car and I am rather spoiled at present.

So I left a deposit on a black 2018 Q7 as above with almost all the options I want and more than I need. Comfort and sound. Visibility. Style pack and tour pack advance with air suspension, valcona memory seats etc. It's black which is not my favourite colour or even second favourite and it has 22" alloys which are larger than id like. Other than that it ticks the boxes.

Still in two minds though depending on my mood...I've left £500 deposit which I've been told is refundable if the repairs to the bumpers and wheel repair(very minor scratches to both) are not to my satisfaction... We'll see.

I'm set on a Q7 though. That's for certain, amazing family cars.
    Haha, great! The one I'm getting is the Sepang blue on 21s.

I tried a fair few cars - XC90 was nice but the interior and tech wasn't as good as Audi, RR and RR sport were far too cramped in the back. BMW and Merc were the usual affairs, great but the interiors were nothing to write home about!

*I've also got a 535d... Maybe we're brothers from other mothers!

Master
    I tried a fair few cars - XC90 was nice but the interior and tech wasn't as good as Audi, RR and RR sport were far too cramped in the back. BMW and Merc were the usual affairs, great but the interiors were nothing to write home about!
    Interesting ... I currently have a RR Sport and ordered XC90 to replace it. Looked at Q7 also but I preferred Volvo’s tech and well thought out interior over Audi’s. A matter of personal preference I suppose but just out of interest, which trim level of XC90 did you try?

XC90’s 3rd row seats felt more spacious and comfortable than Q7’s. Also, if choosing the hybrid (which I really wanted to try this time), you lose 3rd row seats in Q7 but still get them in XC90. We don’t need 7 seats most of the time but still good to have the option for occasional use. I also feel Volvo would hold its value slightly better than Audi but impossible to predict in the absence of a crystal ball.

Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    Interesting ... I currently have a RR Sport and ordered XC90 to replace it. Looked at Q7 also but I preferred Volvo’s tech and well thought out interior over Audi’s. A matter of personal preference I suppose but just out of interest, which trim level of XC90 did you try?

XC90’s 3rd row seats felt more spacious and comfortable than Q7’s. Also, if choosing the hybrid (which I really wanted to try this time), you lose 3rd row seats in Q7 but still get them in XC90. We don’t need 7 seats most of the time but still good to have the option for occasional use. I also feel Volvo would hold its value slightly better than Audi but impossible to predict in the absence of a crystal ball.
    I think it was the R-design. I thought that the buttons on the steering wheel feeling rather plasticky. The switchgear on the Audi just felt better and more solid. I guess the lack of buttons on the Volvo meant that I didn't really feel I knew exactly where I was pressing. The space was great. The options on the Volvo are significantly cheaper too!

Craftsman
    Interesting ... I also feel Volvo would hold its value slightly better than Audi but impossible to predict in the absence of a crystal ball.
    I always felt volvos dropped like a stone. Similar to jags. Audi or VAG in general seem to fair far better. That's just my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by D4RK1 View Post
    I always felt volvos dropped like a stone. Similar to jags. Audi or VAG in general seem to fair far better. That's just my opinion of course.
    Matters not on a lease?

The only numbers are the cost per month and the mileage surely?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    I think it was the R-design. I thought that the buttons on the steering wheel feeling rather plasticky. The switchgear on the Audi just felt better and more solid. I guess the lack of buttons on the Volvo meant that I didn't really feel I knew exactly where I was pressing. The space was great. The options on the Volvo are significantly cheaper too!
    I haven’t been in R-Design but don’t know if those 2 things you mentioned are actually better in Inscription Pro, which is the variant I chose. Compared to my RR Sport, the steering wheel buttons and gear lever of XC90 do feel a bit cheap so I can see where you’re coming from.

Master
    I looked at asking prices and Parker’s valuations for used XC90 to work out the depreciation and did the same for Q7. Perhaps it is a bit different for PHEVs. Anyway who knows what the situation will be in a few years. When I bought it, I never thought my RR Sport would depreciate as much as it has now, thanks to Diesel engines being in the news for all the wrong reasons. They were holding their values exceptionally well 3 years ago!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Matters not on a lease?

The only numbers are the cost per month and the mileage surely?
    I've never leased but it was my understanding that you pay the depreciation on the car. So it would matter if the residuals were good or bad. I'm happy to wear orthopedic shoes tho.

I've never leased but it was my understanding that you pay the depreciation on the car. So it would matter if the residuals were good or bad. I'm happy to wear orthopedic shoes tho.
    Why the reference to orthopaedic shoes?

There are lots of dynamics in the car lease market - depreciation is but one of them,

As I said, the only important numbers to the person who is contemplating this are the cost per month and the yearly mileage allowance.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    I stand to be corrected......

Reach the pedals ???

When I bought it, I never thought my RR Sport would depreciate as much as it has now, thanks to Diesel engines being in the news for all the wrong reasons.
    This is still the best way of powering a 2 tonne plus 4x4 and will be for the foreseeable future, I think the furore over diesel will subside.

I think the furore over diesel will subside.
    You do ? Care to elaborate on that ?

I stand to be corrected......
    Will you be wearing said orthopaedic shoes whilst standing ?

Craftsman
    That was the reference Reggie :-)

This is still the best way of powering a 2 tonne plus 4x4 and will be for the foreseeable future, I think the furore over diesel will subside.
    I'll be very surprised if it will - https://news.sky.com/story/research-...azard-11458772
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Q7 is a great car but I was very pleasantly surprised with the Volvo XC90 to the extent that i will go for one of those next

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Q7 is a great car but I was very pleasantly surprised with the Volvo XC90 to the extent that i will go for one of those next
    Did you try the XC60 as well? We went in for XC90 but they offered a drive in XC60 in addition to that. Almost ordered it because the twin-engine version was unexpectedly quite fun to drive with much less body roll than XC90, obviously the former being smaller and lighter. Every toy that you can get in XC90, you can have it in XC60 as well. Slightly better looking (IMHO) and quite a bit cheaper too. In the end the 7 seats and the larger boot swung it in favour of "the van".

As an alternative. How about the brand new vw toureg ?
    Just saw one at the local dealer Looks really nice

It does but the lack of 7 seats really limits its appeal in my opinion.

It does but the lack of 7 seats really limits its appeal in my opinion.
    That fair enough. Surprised it doesn’t offer 7 seats As it’s based on the q7 platform.
    I was surprised how nice it looked though. Loads better than previous model.

Mine is Black Orca Metallic, comfort and sound (bose, camera and keyless entry), technology pack (cockpit, HUD etc), style pack (pano roof, side steps, led trim lighting), tour pack advanced (radar cruise, autonomous), memory seats/mirrors , valcona leather, black package, 22" wheels.
    Great spec - congrats.

WLTP is starving retailers of forward ordering to an extent and therefore putting more demand on physical and pipeline cars.

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    That fair enough. Surprised it doesn’t offer 7 seats As it’s based on the q7 platform.
    I was surprised how nice it looked though. Loads better than previous model.
    They sell 3 other 7 seaters, the Tiguan Allspace, Touran & Sharan, it will undoubtedly steal sales from them although there are so many 7 seaters in VAG I cannot imagine what the issue would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Great spec - congrats.

WLTP is starving retailers of forward ordering to an extent and therefore putting more demand on physical and pipeline cars.
    Thank you, yes manufacturing times are long for new cars (I was quoted late 2018 early 2019) and dealers cant let demonstrators go until Sept as they cant forward order new stock and need demonstrators, it means well specced used stock is moving quickly. A couple of cars I was looking at had sold before I could see them and all the SQ7's I was looking at a couple of months ago are long gone.

Craftsman
    I bought my Q7 through Car Wow and was very happy .
    The dealer quoted for my spec and then emailed me their stock list .
    I went for the lowest power model with loads of options .Quite an unusual spec.
    The deal was exceptional as is the car .It has never felt underpowered and is very comfortable , no issues in 30k miles .

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Vanarama do various vehicles the size of a Transit!

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Don't buy a new Q7 now as there is a far ranging facelift going into production in 01/19.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Don't buy a new Q7 now as there is a far ranging facelift going into production in 01/19.
    Any evidence of this Gareth? I've scoured the web and haven't found anything to indicate this being the case.

I know model cycles are 7 years and the car was released just under 3 years ago but the last Q7 was produced for 9 years.

Not sure about Audi, but I ordered an R line Passat estate in May with a completion date of September. I had a call from the dealer last week who said this has been extended to the beginning of November, but will be the 2019 model - I can't see much about this newer version either, just hope I like it

Quote Originally Posted by LuvWatch View Post
    Not sure about Audi, but I ordered an R line Passat estate in May with a completion date of September. I had a call from the dealer last week who said this has been extended to the beginning of November, but will be the 2019 model - I can't see much about this newer version either, just hope I like it
    Will likely just be a new model year with minor spec differences not necessarily a facelift.