closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oris aquis depth gauge

Journeyman

Oris aquis depth gauge

After being a long time viewer without posting, I thought my 1st post would be to tell you about my new watch..
    The oris aquis depth gauge, got a good deal so pulled the trigger.. It arrived today (great timing it's my day off) and wow it didn't dissapoint!
    The watch is pretty big at 46mm but wears very similar to my 43mm Christopher ward trident, although it's heavier on bracelet than the trident.
    The finish is top notch and feels/looks very expensive with a mix of brushed and polished, the bracelet really is awesome very comfortable and makes the trident look cheap in comparison and the trident is very well made for a sub £1000 watch.
    The bezel is ceramic with no noticeable play with nice solid clicks, the face has a 3d kind of look with the depth markings, blue lume seems great and easily noticable when coming into the house after being in the sun.
    Looks awesome on the wrist, I will try to add some photos..
    Overall very very happy... :)
    Cheers

Journeyman
    That’s a stunning piece, congrats!
    Any pictures?

Welcome to TZ Uk Gaz77,

I am a bit of a fan of watches with depth gauges as I am an amateur diver and like to take them with me as a back up.
    A picture would be nice. Try registering to imgbb or similar and embed BBcodes to your messages. It'll be more fun.

This is what I use for the moment as a backup, more of a computer than a watch to be honest:

Have fun here

Ciao from Luxembourg

Journeyman
    Thanks, I'm really happy with it, looks much better in the flesh! Not sure how to upload pics but I'll get some ready.. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz77 View Post
    Thanks, I'm really happy with it, looks much better in the flesh! Not sure how to upload pics but I'll get some ready.. ;)
    i propose to use https://imgbb.co/
    register, and upload images directly form your phone with their app
    then insert the BBcode from your picture

Journeyman

Great way to enter for your first post - but as with all forums, pictures or it never happened! ;)

I have long looked at one of these Depth Guage watches and, as an owner of two Tridents (GMT and Chronograph), it's interesting to hear your comparison that the finishing is so much better on the Oris. I find it hard to fault the Trident finishing (on the Mk2 600m version anyway).

Look forward to the pics!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelgecko View Post
    Great way to enter for your first post - but as with all forums, pictures or it never happened! ;)

I have long looked at one of these Depth Guage watches and, as an owner of two Tridents (GMT and Chronograph), it's interesting to hear your comparison that the finishing is so much better on the Oris. I find it hard to fault the Trident finishing (on the Mk2 600m version anyway).

Look forward to the pics!
    Tbh I also really like the trident and mine is the pro 600, I've had it a few years now and fancied a change, I suppose it all personal but on side by side the oris is without doubt the better watch, the finish and bracelet really is that good. I tried a tag aquaracer and sea master too but for me the oris is just as well made as the sea master and felt better than the tag and quite a bit cheaper I got the depth gauge for £1700 on sale.

Awaiting the backlash from tag and omega owners, dare I say an oris is as good if not better...! Try one you might like them :)

Journeyman
    I did also look at the trident chronograph, would like to hear your views on that.. it really looks stunning on the website although I've never handled one.. May be looking at selling the pro 600 and get the trident chronograph in the future if funds allow.

Good concept but in the real world, next to useless in a diving environment.
    Even as a back up it is quite difficult to read .
    I also noticed a 1m depth difference to my computer .
    Lovely looking watch though .

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Good concept but in the real world, next to useless in a diving environment.
    Even as a back up it is quite difficult to read .
    I also noticed a 1m depth difference to my computer .
    Lovely looking watch though .
    I won't be diving with it.. yeah I get what you're saying though, but the next available mechanical watch with a depth gauge will cost about 10k! Probably better to wear a computer and a seiko or citizen as a back up.. ;)

I won't be diving with it.. yeah I get what you're saying though, but the next available mechanical watch with a depth gauge will cost about 10k! Probably better to wear a computer and a seiko or citizen as a back up.. ;)
    I always used an Ana Digi Citizen as back up and it performed perfectly.
    I also have a Seiko with depth gauge but that’s worse than the Oris .
    My diving is almost exclusively warm water now anyway so the visibility is generally better for reading the depth .

Craftsman
    What are those accessories in the box? I googled high-res pictures and I still can't figure out what's in those vials and what that that round metallic thing is.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by lasz View Post
    What are those accessories in the box? I googled high-res pictures and I still can't figure out what's in those vials and what that that round metallic thing is.
    The box includes watch, stainless bracelet, rubber bracelet, screwdriver, the round steel implement is for a 2nd screwdriver bit (makes another screwdriver for bracelet change) that's in 1 of the vials, the other vial has spare bracelet pins and in the bottom drawer not on show is a syringe with cleaning tubes for the depth gauge.. it's a fancy presentation box tbh.. :)

very nice!
    Next time don't insert the links but the BBcodes...
    Cheers,
    S

Journeyman
    Worked out the links...

Journeyman
    A friend of mine has one of these. Stunning watch especially considering the price point! Congrats OP

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    A friend of mine has one of these. Stunning watch especially considering the price point! Congrats OP
    It really is nice.. thanks, got it at a great price as it was the last one, been looking at these for a couple of years but at £2400 thought it was a bit dear so never bought!
    It is a big watch though but I've got a thing for divers and this is definitely my favourite at the minute, keeping it on the bracelet too..

Journeyman
    It really is nice.. thanks, got it at a great price as it was the last one, been looking at these for a couple of years but at £2400 thought it was a bit dear so never bought!
    It is a big watch though but I've got a thing for divers and this is definitely my favourite at the minute, keeping it on the bracelet too..
    The bracelet on the aquis is first class imho

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I was really impressed with the quality of the iris rubber strap too! I think it’s great that they included both in the box, wish more manufacturers did this

Craftsman
    I was really impressed with the quality of the iris rubber strap too! I think it’s great that they included both in the box, wish more manufacturers did this
    I’ve owned multiple Oris and the bracelets have been a stand-out feature on them all - great quality and feel.

Journeyman
    I agree, the rubber strap is very well made also. At the price point the oris dive watches really are well presented, the inner waterproof case is a very good touch and to throw in a bracelet, rubber strap, changing tools and spare pins makes these an even more attractive purchase.. 👍

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MAW View Post
    I’ve owned multiple Oris and the bracelets have been a stand-out feature on them all - great quality and feel.

I must admit I'm very impressed with the quality of the oris bracelet, I preferred the aquis to some other well known high end divers😉