closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I like this - so you lot will hate it

Master

I like this - so you lot will hate it

Keep looking at this Omega PO, there's something about the black on black on black that I really like.
    The fact I like it, means you lot will all hate it as that tends to be a theme with my watch choices.
    I found one for a good price online but I'll still need to flip some stuff to get it.
    Good purchase?

They do these with red and blue accents, but these are somehow less appealing.

This for me is the ultimate Planet Ocean, however I would only consider it at 50% off the stupid rrp.

I think it looks really nice, athough not my personal taste.

Craftsman
    I like it in theory and in pictures, but on the wrist, it wears massive - and it's not just that it's 45 mm, somehow the shape makes it humongous. But apart from that, it's a well executed handsome design with cool technology and functionality.

Craftsman
    I'm not normally a fan of blacked out watches, but this one is actually pretty cool. I think I prefer the rose gold accented version, but both price and size means I'd never even consider getting one.

Master
    I like the look of it, but would need to be at a good discount

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    It would need to be a good price.
    They can be had unworn for 25% discount straight off the bat so you'd need to be a bit cavalier about resale but if you love it why not.

Master
    How much is the 'good on-line price' you have found?

I think its a great looking watch. It sounds like you need a large wrist to carry it off.

Master
    I loved it until I tried it on and it looked like a shiny black blob on my wrist.

Master
    I Like this - really cool.

Master
    Looks ok to me but how much are we talking 5k + ???

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole at that price. I think these blacked out ceramic watches will date badly in only a few years and I think the market will be small when trying to pass it on so you could be staring at a big big loss.

I like the look of it in the pictures however Omega ceramic cases are alway a lot more shiny in real life. I saw an 'Irn Bru' on the wrist of a guy at Tesco the other day , it looked awful, in pictures I think it looks great.

What's the cheapest one on Chrono24 and then go from there.

In terms of the looks I always like them in press shots but just a bit less so in the flesh.

Too hefty on the wrist as well for me, especially the 45mm versions.

But if it works for you wear it with pride.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

You were right OP, tough crowd here. I actually really like them and have had one on the wrist. Super light and should wear very well against day to day wear and tear. Things that impressed me the most was the almost invisible crystal, they’ve done a great job of that, I could stare at the dial for ages. I think the Rrp is £8500 ish, and yes that’s a lot of money but as already said, big discounts are easy to come by.

I quite like it too. Your taste must be developing

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    How much is the 'good on-line price' you have found?

I think its a great looking watch. It sounds like you need a large wrist to carry it off.
    £5995 from £8320, seems good?

Master
    Love it, I have the 45mm PO 8500 and would love this one to add to the collection. They are big watches but look great on the wrist if you can get away with it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Love it, I have the 45mm PO 8500 and would love this one to add to the collection. They are big watches but look great on the wrist if you can get away with it.
    I've got a JSAR and a Megalodon, pretty sure I can get away with anything :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    I've got a JSAR and a Megalodon, pretty sure I can get away with anything :)
    Go for it, need some wrist shots when you get it👍

Great looking watch- whats the strap made of?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    Great looking watch- whats the strap made of?
    Rubber, but it's obviously got some sort of woven stuff over the top of it, (very technical I know)

Master
    I really like it! I’m getting quite a taste for the black stealthy look on watches atm. Maybe it’s the time of year lol

Journeyman
    I always like pictures of all black watches but always think that they will be prone to more wear that standard SS. I'm also not a fan of all black bracelets which really limits my choice. All 'in my opinion' of course.

Master
    Looks quite good actually, though personally I think that all-black watches do need a bit of silver showing somewhere, or they can look a bit dull. Its all about the right balance of the general blackness, and silver (or whatever colour) highlights.

Craftsman
    Looks great .Lots of interesting technology used on it .Expensive as others have said but worth it as a keeper

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Looks epic, but what’s the extravagant price tag attached?

Master
    Looks pretty good. Unfortunately I don't have a 9in wrist.

I was offered one for £5k by Fraser Hart Kingston after Xmas just as a benchmark

I've seen one being worn on the district line. It looks GREAT on. The guy looked to have an average sized wrist.

Craftsman
    An RRP of £8500 is quite astonishing. £5000 as an unprompted discount rather proves that. It's the BMW Gran Turismo of watches - only the truly uninformed would dream of paying full price.

Craftsman
    I nearly bought one using that discount code that was posted on here the other week-worked out around £5k.

I dithered and then got the call for my Daytona the next week and bought that instead.

I like it but how will black ceramic look in say 3 years? Is it milled or cast from a single bit of black ceramic meaning any scratch will only reveal more black beneath? If this is the case, then scratches wouldn’t worry me massively whereas they would on an expensive DLC watch. The price however would put me off.

Craftsman
    It is black all the way through, but being ceramic and thus exceptionally hard, it shouldn't scratch very much at all.

It's ok yes. It looks like the sort of watch a bouncer might wear, oh sorry, security. Not my thing but I can see the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    I like it but how will black ceramic look in say 3 years? Is it milled or cast from a single bit of black ceramic meaning any scratch will only reveal more black beneath? If this is the case, then scratches wouldn’t worry me massively whereas they would on an expensive DLC watch. The price however would put me off.
    If it's anything like my DSOTM, it will still look brand new. They don't scratch, or at least mine hasn't.

I even put that to the test by lining mine up against a brand new model in one of the Omega boutiques here, with the assistance of the manager - and you couldn't tell the difference.

I gave serious thought to changing my watch to this particular PO as I am a PO design fan and I thought I would enjoy it more, then I came to my senses. But I have had this model on my wrist and loved it.

Master
    ceramics watches are great, always look new and its a cool look,

ive had a GSOTM and an IWC top gun, id have that PO as well (but at around 5k no more)

Journeyman
    I like this too! But I think around 5k is a more reasonable price, rrp is crazy

Nice

Anyone got any wrist shots of theirs?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    Nice

Anyone got any wrist shots of theirs?

I've got one of these, I'm very happy with it, I also have a 42mm steel PO and a 43.5mm titanium PO. I like the weight of this model as I find the steel PO a bit too heavy (hence why I bought a titanium version too). I've got a 6.75mm wrist and I don't have a problem with the size, the thickness can be a pain with the cuffs on some work shirts but it is merely an annoyance and thats all. Prior to having the 42mm steel PO I had a 45mm Steel 2500 PO which I had to sell after a year or so as it was heavy, more specifically it was top heavy so not a comfy watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I like the look of it in the pictures however Omega ceramic cases are alway a lot more shiny in real life. I saw an 'Irn Bru' on the wrist of a guy at Tesco the other day , it looked awful, in pictures I think it looks great.
    Agreed. I saw an Irn Bru in the jewellers are I was surprised at the glossy finish. Looked like varnished plastic.

Thanks for the wrist shot, yes I looks good on you.
    EnJoY
    Lovely watch(es)

They look great, much better than the awful black and white hum bug model. At the right price I would be a buyer.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Like... But not for that money... too many other things I prefer!

Craftsman
    Black on black on black looks gorgeous to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    They look great, much better than the awful black and white hum bug model. At the right price I would be a buyer.
    Next Omega

Looks like a Bamford gone right. Great looking piece.