closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show us your wallets.

Master

Show us your wallets.

There’s been a few threads on what wallets to buy. I myself enjoy a good wallet. Had a lovely Mont Blanc one for 3 years which is as good as new. Been contemplating a Fauré Le Page one for some time and decided this week to get it. Was going to get blue but they are out of stock so went for the burgundy. Quality is excellent (as it should be). Lot of history with this company. They have been around since 1717 yet only have a couple of shops.

You email them to as what you’re after and they send you a list and prices. They’ve half a dozen types of wallets and colours. I like all the bumph that comes with it (yes I know you pay for it but it’s all part of the buying experience). As always apologies for my poor photos:

A bit more utilitarian for me - Ögon Designs Big Stockholm:

Craftsman
    I love that Fauré Le Page wallet. Dare I ask how much something like that may set one back?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Progressive View Post
    I love that Fauré Le Page wallet. Dare I ask how much something like that may set one back?
    It was around £270 including delivery.

Got this in Japan (as you can tell from the quaint inscription), had been looking for a shell cordovan wallet in this design for quite a while after a number of big name brand wallets became easily knackered. Lovely patina has built up on it and this is after an accidental trip through a 60 degree washing machine cycle which stripped it of all its oils!

Craftsman
    Heres mine.

Bifold with matching watch strap. Made by myself

Yapping with the small dogs

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ps what do they mean by 'weapon of seduction' ???

that can only mean one thing around here, and it isn't a wallet ffs
    Last edited by seikopath; 26th July 2018 at 18:22.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Petewon View Post
    Heres mine.

I think that, thus far, youre the winner! Sterling work!

Craftsman
    Heres mine.

Stunning! Are you taking commissions!?

Master
    LV for me

Craftsman
    The daily wallet. Showing it’s age but still some life left in it! Ten year old Mont Blanc Meisterstück 4cc with coin pouch, room for about ten cards and a bundle of receipts:

The weekend, holiday and ‘jeans’ wallet. An APC card holder. Room for four cards and some notes:

Last edited by Progressive; 26th July 2018 at 19:01.

Master
    Heres mine.

That looks excellent, great job👍

Master
    this came from Tuan of vietnambeautifull watchstraps fame...

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    There’s been a few threads on what wallets to buy. I myself enjoy a good wallet. Had a lovely Mont Blanc one for 3 years which is as good as new. Been contemplating a Fauré Le Page one for some time and decided this week to get it. Was going to get blue but they are out of stock so went for the burgundy. Quality is excellent (as it should be). Lot of history with this company. They have been around since 1717 yet only have a couple of shops.

You email them to as what you’re after and they send you a list and prices. They’ve half a dozen types of wallets and colours. I like all the bumph that comes with it (yes I know you pay for it but it’s all part of the buying experience). As always apologies for my poor photos:

Did you compare these to the wallets from Goyard? I’m tempted to buy a new card holder and considering a goysrd but that wallet does look nice indeed.

A few of mine, like to rotate them like my watches

Craftsman
    Keeping it minimalist with my Trove

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Wow, what is the make of that if you don’t mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Essexstu View Post
    I bet you 50p it's a carlos de gasbonia
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    My current daily although I alternate between this and two other VW wallets:

Quote Originally Posted by Essexstu View Post
    Bignoserman is quite correct.

http://www.gasgasbones.com/ggb-goodi...ro-wallet.html
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Thank you

Blog Entries
    Still using the I-Clip with the carbon fibre look leather. Pictured here with my previous tri-fold wallet, which I thought was small until I tried the I-Clip..

https://www.flickr.com/cameraroll

ook

Craftsman
    Saddleback Leather, hoping to our last the 100 year guarantee!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bosca here, great quality, the brown is the work horse.

I use this Ted Baker wallet. The quality is ok and it's lasted well. I'd love to replace it with something a bit more special, however the size is perfect. I very rarely carry cash and only use a few cards so it's perfect. Key included for size reference.

I really like this. I sent an email to them at the weekend, but am yet to have a reply. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon and perhaps I'll have an incoming.

I don't use the Goyard much these days but it still looks good for more than 7 years old.
    Last edited by ajw232; 31st July 2018 at 08:09.

I am always on the hunt for a better wallet. Managed to move down to 5 cards (rest is stored in an app on my iPhone or left at home - don’t want to carry cards everyday that in use only once a year). Also just keep one bill in there for emergencies as cards work everywhere.

Started with a Huberton from Kickstarter. This model:

It’s nicely made. Two pockets on each side mean you can always grab the card you need. In the middle it has a section to store bills and receipts.

Moved on for two reasons: the pockets stretch: if you ever put two cards in one slot you will always need to have two cards there as one card will not be kept in. Nothing to hold the cards. Also the middle slot was a nice idea but once filled with cards the plastic cards make it nearly impossible to get anything from the slot.

Then moved to a Secrid. Took the one without the button as it’s thinner.

Very easy access to cards, great design. Also has space for receipts and bills in the flap. The flap is slightly too big though (it expects you to fill the thing with bills and receipts).

Reason I moved on - and it may surprise some with bigger wallets - is that it is quite thick due to the aluminium card holder. Same thickness regardless of how many cards are in there. Also I am not really afraid to get skimmed.

My current wallet: a saddleback credit card holder. Leather is beautiful.
    It folds so the contents stay inside. Fits my five cards and a bill behind them.

Is it perfect for me? Well getting to the bill on occasion is fiddly but still like it best. Love the material and it is already aging nicely

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Reason I moved on - and it may surprise some with bigger wallets - is that it is quite thick due to the aluminium card holder. Same thickness regardless of how many cards are in there. Also I am not really afraid to get skimmed.
    Completely agree - they are surprisingly thick, and I didn’t like the tinny sound.

This arrived this week as a belated birthday present, and I really like it (its blue but looks black in the pic). I’m down to 4 cards with an emergency £20 in the centre pocket, and it’s so slim compared to my old I keep panicking that I’ve left my wallet behind!

Show us your wallets.

I swapped and changed wallets regularly when I was younger then on a trip to Chelmsford I found this one it’s Gucci not that is heavily branded. The leather has become so soft and the wallet has really grown better with age! I’ve had this as my daily wallet at home and on holiday now for 13 years. Totally love it. Very slim and with the money clip able to hold some notes too.

Only slight downside is the size is built for € notes not £ but not enough of a downside to make me replace it.

Show us your wallets.

I’ve always used Paul Smith wallets.This needs changing now after five years of daily use.

Image1533105715.655113.jpg
    Last edited by frankieflow; 1st August 2018 at 07:41.

Master

Show us your wallets.

Now, I have used plenty of wallets over the years, after all, it’s what I do. This is what I’ve settled on;

I hate big, bulky wallets as I carry them in my pocket, along with keys, coins etc, hence why it’s had such a tough time. Enough card space and room for some cash too. RFID lined, to protect my cards from unwanted swiping, and nothing beats the smell and feel of genuine Italian leather. Not expensive either at about £40.

Here’s a factory fresh example;

Last edited by stefaulkner; 1st August 2018 at 11:38.

Craftsman

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Now, I have used plenty of wallets over the years, after all, it’s what I do. This is what I’ve settled on;

I hate big, bulky wallets as I carry them in my pocket, along with keys, coins etc, hence why it’s had such a tough time. Enough card space and room for some cash too. RFID lined, to protect my cards from unwanted swiping, and nothing beats the smell and feel of genuine Italian leather. Not expensive either at about £40.

Here’s a factory fresh example;

Do you mind sharing where you can get these (I tried searching on the name but can only find details on the leather production, no shop or such). The design is very reminiscent of the Bellroy Note Sleeve (which isn't a bad thing at all!) so I'm interested to investigate them further, especially as from what you say they're about two-thirds of the price of Bellroy!

Thanks, Andy

Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    Do you mind sharing where you can get these (I tried searching on the name but can only find details on the leather production, no shop or such). The design is very reminiscent of the Bellroy Note Sleeve (which isn't a bad thing at all!) so I'm interested to investigate them further, especially as from what you say they're about two-thirds of the price of Bellroy!

Thanks, Andy
    Hi Andy,

I had a bit more luck than you:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tony-Perott...3ATony+Perotti

It was around £270 including delivery.
    That’s not bad at all. I was expecting double that. Is the black leather the back & the design the front ?
    I always go for wallets with the coin purse inside. I’d buy a new one every week if I could !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ticker View Post
    Hi Andy,

Loads on eBay as well.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Hi Andy,

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Loads on eBay as well.
    Thanks guys, my Google-fu was obviously at a low ebb today!

Edit: I completely missed the "Tony Perotti" name in the actual wallet!

When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Thanks Chris :)

Master
    Interesting to see what others are using.

Mine are at the opposite end of the spectrum to some of the higher-end offerings here - I've been buying the cheap Tyvek paper wallets by NY company DynoMighty for quite a few years now. They tend to last around a year or so before starting to go tatty.

My current one which is really overdue for replacement used their custom design tool which prints your own images onto the inside and outside. It's pretty faded now and most of the colour has gone, but you can just about make out the pic of my daughter on a trip we did to the Nevis area a few years ago.

I went to create a new one just recently and found out they're no longer offering the design-your-own service. Gutted :(

Some of my previous ones. Not entirely sure why I've kept them all, now that I think about it..

Last edited by gcleminson; 2nd August 2018 at 12:35.

I really like this. I sent an email to them at the weekend, but am yet to have a reply. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon and perhaps I'll have an incoming.
    Hey Devonian,

Did you find their replies slow? 5 days since my original inquiry and bugger all, apart from their stock pictures and prices, despite 3 polite emails by me attempting to place an order....

I did notice a slight design change on the same wallet you have. I much prefer the one you have. I hope they still have stock.

Master
    Hey Devonian,

Did you find their replies slow? 5 days since my original inquiry and bugger all, apart from their stock pictures and prices, despite 3 polite emails by me attempting to place an order....

I did notice a slight design change on the same wallet you have. I much prefer the one you have. I hope they still have stock.
    Hi

I generally got a reply within 24 hours, though they do seem a very old fashion company. Had problems making the payment as it wouldn’t go through and when I contacted my credit card company they said that hadn’t even had a request, so fault was with them. Eventually got a new link and it went through, though they did take the wrong amount!

Is persevere and email again as the quality is fantastic as is the colour - though I did want the blue but that’s out of stock.

Let us know when yours arrives. Cheers Stephen

I'm trying minimalist at the moment and trying out the Ridge wallet. I looked the fact it keeps everything so neat and slim so doesn't show up in pockets but gets a bit messy if carrying around receipts
    Attached Images Attached Images

Craftsman
    As has been said previously secrid wallets are excellent. I have two one single folio and one double.
    Quality construction at a reasonable price and pocket sized

Hi

I generally got a reply within 24 hours, though they do seem a very old fashion company. Had problems making the payment as it wouldn’t go through and when I contacted my credit card company they said that hadn’t even had a request, so fault was with them. Eventually got a new link and it went through, though they did take the wrong amount!

Is persevere and email again as the quality is fantastic as is the colour - though I did want the blue but that’s out of stock.

Let us know when yours arrives. Cheers Stephen
    Thanks for coming back to me Stephen, will do.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post

Thanks, Andy
    Hi Andy,

This exact style wallet can be found here;

https://www.malaleather.com/1012-1-t...allet-rfid_657

Its pictured in the tan colour, but for me, brown is the winner

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Hi Andy,

This exact style wallet can be found here;

https://www.malaleather.com/1012-1-t...allet-rfid_657

Its pictured in the tan colour, but for me, brown is the winner
    Thanks for the link. In reality I'm still more than happy with my Bellroy Slim Sleeve, but am always interested in seeing other options and this looks like a pretty good one (and reasonably priced too)