closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The fat fingers thread

The fat fingers thread

I was idly browsing on eBay using my mobile and the eBay app. I put the phone down, picked it up again a few minutes later and was greeted by a message ‘Thank you for your purchase’.

Upon clicking through to order details, it seems I have just paid £4500 for a JLC Master Control - accidentally and unintentionally!

So it’s too late at night to get through to the (business) seller, nor eBay. And my bank are sympathetic but the payment request hasn’t received them yet.

Please feel free to laugh at me and my ineptitude.

This is excellent proof to show the other half that you didn’t really mean to buy it.

“Look honey, I even posted on the watch forum that I didn’t mean to buy it”.

Perhaps we could just ‘sticky’ this and change op forum name and watch details as required.

I would contact the seller. There is a facility to cancel a sale if both sides are happy with the reason.

I found you!

All's well that ends well - seller was OK about cancelling the sale and returning the payment

Craftsman

The fat fingers thread

You have 14 days to return, so it’s in the business sellers interest to cancel ASAP so that it can be reposted for sale again

Believe me you would be amazed how often I wake up to notifications of sold items that end up getting cancelled by 9am, normally I think it’s post Pub bidding, then in the cold light of day the reality sets in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SimonConnell View Post
    I was idly browsing on eBay using my mobile and the eBay app. I put the phone down, picked it up again a few minutes later and was greeted by a message ‘Thank you for your purchase’.

Upon clicking through to order details, it seems I have just paid £4500 for a JLC Master Control - accidentally and unintentionally!
    That happened to me once with the Amazon app. I was checking a price in a b&m store, put the phone in my pocket, and then 2 days later a Blu-ray disc arrived. I explained that I’d just turned off my mobile and put in my pocket, they refunded my money but suggested turning off their “one-click ordering” feature.

I would think the eBay app would require a couple of taps to confirm purchase. If not, take it off your phone and complain.