closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oakley repairs

Craftsman

Oakley repairs

Anyone know a good place in the UK to do Oakley repairs or spares? The hinge has broken on my wiretaps, looks like a spare arm could just be screwed on.

Master
    Hi, if you could send me a pic I can ask our repair co if they can help. Oakley won't for that age of frame I'm afraid.
    David

I went to the Oakley outlet store in Cheshire Oaks recently with a problem on my Juliets. The chap gave me an email address for the repair centre. Obviously, I've lost it but I'm sure you could call them and get it
    0151 357 4200

Craftsman
    Thanks both, they are probably older than I'd realised!

I'm still holding on to my 26 year old Frogskins, in the vain hope I can ever find some one to repair the break in the frame...

On TZ I read about a place called Alpha Omega that can do repairs. Might be worth a check.

Probably just as cheap/easy to try and find a pair on eBay.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkit View Post
    I'm still holding on to my 26 year old Frogskins, in the vain hope I can ever find some one to repair the break in the frame...
    Whats broken?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Whats broken?
    The frame around one of the lenses has a break

Master
    I'm afraid there isn't a lot to be done there. The plastic isn't think enough for any repair to manage stress of containing the lens. Even if some sort of epoxy might do the job it would make a mess of the frame front. You know you can still buy frogskins don't you?
    You might be able to use parts to resurrect yours although Oakley don't sell fronts on their own. I'd just keep an eye out on ebay for one similar.
    Sorry I can't be more help
    David

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    I'm afraid there isn't a lot to be done there. The plastic isn't think enough for any repair to manage stress of containing the lens. Even if some sort of epoxy might do the job it would make a mess of the frame front. You know you can still buy frogskins don't you?
    You might be able to use parts to resurrect yours although Oakley don't sell fronts on their own. I'd just keep an eye out on ebay for one similar.
    Sorry I can't be more help
    David
    Thanks David, appreciate your input, yes I'm aware I can still buy them, sentimental value, but maybe triggers broom is the right approach!

Craftsman
    Big thanks to David for helping to get them sorted, saved a nice pair of glasses from the bin!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wombleh View Post
    Big thanks to David for helping to get them sorted, saved a nice pair of glasses from the bin!
    No problem Matt, a pleasure.
    David