closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Reverso as a daily wearer

Reverso as a daily wearer

I have had a liking for a Reverso for some time, the large cased ones, but i don't need a dress watch, was thinking as an everyday wearer. Now i know they are a bit big on the wrist, thats not undesirable really as im not a small guy.
    I am interested in opinions and wrist shots as to suitability for every day use, what do you guys reckon??

I have a 7.5 inch wrist and these 2 fit lovely. The 1931 tribute is a better all rounder by far with a lug to lug of about 47mm even though thin it fits well and with a strap change serves as both casual & dress very well indeed.

Alas I don’t wear mine much & so this and maybe a couple of others may be in for the shop shortly. Problem is I love it a lot so who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Strnglwhank; 22nd July 2018 at 18:46.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Is that the Grande Duo?

Looks good on the wrist.

Journeyman
    Not the best photo showing a DuoDate. 7.5in wrist.

i consider it a small watch, compared to say a 40mm Sub even though the page dimensions call it long lug to lug

Last edited by Guycord; 22nd July 2018 at 19:08.

Master
    I suppose it depends on what you do for a living. I can think of many occupations where it wouldn’t be a suitable daily wear.

Master
    That's interesting. I'd like a 986 but had always considered it a big watch so I wouldn't commit until I tried one. But I have a Tudor sub which is a 40mm and its ok, large but ok. I see them in the US for a good price but add in VAT on arrival and they aren't. I'll keep looking

I’d you get the right size, then yes, it’s a very classy and versatile piece- casual and dressy. I had a 976 Grande size but it was slightly too big, as Reverdo’s sit very flat, the Duo Face I have now is a perfect fit and would highly recommend.

It wouldn’t be a work wear watch, but something for all the other times. I do like a square or oblong watch.

Lovely watch and a suitable daily wearer for a Barrister or office clerk, probably not so suitable for a manual worker?

Was always under the impression that the Reverso was one of the first sports watches (polo) - and they've come on a bit since the 30s. I wouldn't class it as (just) a dress watch. Always loved it and if I could afford one, I would have no qualms about wearing it every day.

Love the Reverso. But I find it too formal for my daily work attire.

Other than the 'look' surely all watches have the potential to be daily wear fodder?.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeyp View Post
    Lovely watch and a suitable daily wearer for a Barrister or office clerk, probably not so suitable for a manual worker?
    I have plenty of others for day to day work, but weekends and holidays I like to wear something more special.

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Is that the Grande Duo?

Looks good on the wrist.
    So the middle pic is the Grande Duo Date - a favourite of mine.

Last edited by Strnglwhank; 22nd July 2018 at 22:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    Was always under the impression that the Reverso was one of the first sports watches (polo) - and they've come on a bit since the 30s. I wouldn't class it as (just) a dress watch. Always loved it and if I could afford one, I would have no qualms about wearing it every day.
    Exactly. Buy, wear, enjoy.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Craftsman
    Found either of the two I've had - firstly a Classique, and currently a Duo - perfectly durable ., but as noted you need to figure out what size fits your wrist (better if flatter topped) ... And they pick up scratches as soon as blink at them ..
    Pic of my current duo:

al

Quote Originally Posted by Strnglwhank View Post
    I have a 7.5 inch wrist and these 2 fit lovely. The 1931 tribute is a better all rounder by far with a lug to lug of about 47mm even though thin it fits well and with a strap change serves as both casual & dress very well indeed.

Alas I don’t wear mine much & so this and maybe a couple of others may be in for the shop shortly. Problem is I love it a lot so who knows

This one is a real beauty and easily a daily wearer, unless you're tiling floors.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I’d say it depends more on what other watches you have. I had a La Squadra and on the rubber strap especially is a versatile piece. That said if you don’t wear a suit most days and have other watches you may find others more suitable.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app