closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tissot Z160

Tissot Z160

So I purchased this Tissot Z160 a few months back on eBay. It was a bit of a punt and only put a bid in because I liked the look of the watch. Low and behold I won it as no one else put a bid in.

My initial plan was to sell it again as I got it for a very good price. However, I now love the watch and don't really want to sell it.

As such I'm looking for a bit more information on it. So far I have found out that:

1. Its a limited edition watch, 1 of 3333.
    2. There are 2 other versions of the watch, one in gold and one in platinum. 333 gold ones were made and 33 platinum ones were made.
    3. It is about 20 years old.

It seems to have a decorated ETA movement in it, not sure which one though, and it is COSC certificated if the dial is to be believed.

Has anyone else had one or have any more information on it? I'd love to find out some more about it.

Pictures:

Nice Tissot. The movement reminds me of the ETA 2892 although it’s not center second here. I see no reason to doubt COSC if written on the dial especially because these movements are considered to be superior to the 2824 although both can be adjusted to chronometer standards in top grade.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    That's a lovely watch, never heard of it before but I'll keep a look out for one now.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

You've got most of the information, but it's more commonly known as the 'Entrepreneur'. I am still kicking myself for missing one in platinum, it popped up and I thought 'I'll enquire tomorrow', by which point it had sold.

Should you decide to sell, I'd appreciate first refusal.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by witti View Post
    Nice Tissot. The movement reminds me of the ETA 2892 although it’s not center second here. I see no reason to doubt COSC if written on the dial especially because these movements are considered to be superior to the 2824 although both can be adjusted to chronometer standards in top grade.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    It is the ETA 2895, the sub second variant of the 2892. I had the same movement in a Hamilton. Although this one has a far better standard of finishing.

What a great little watch, not seen it before.

Dave
    Last edited by dforgrieve; 21st July 2018 at 20:20.

Thanks for all of the information guys, really helpful. I'm still a novice at all of this watch stuff so I have a lot to learn. Does anyone know what they retailed for back in '98?