closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advertising

Craftsman

Advertising

Recently I have started to get advertising from other parties at the top of the TZ Forum page, also in sales posts I am seeing advertising, especially from eBay.

Is this something new to the forum or is it something I have done as it is driving me crazy as I don’t want to see it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew S View Post
    Recently I have started to get advertising from other parties at the top of the TZ Forum page, also in sales posts I am seeing advertising, especially from eBay.

Is this something new to the forum or is it something I have done as it is driving me crazy as I don’t want to see it.

Tons of threads on this Andrew - those ads are paying for the forum running costs at the moment, Eddie mentioned it was thousands of squids a year!

The big banner adverts at the top are annoying, you have to wait a moment for them to load before clicking a thread or sub-forum because they tend to jump out of the way.

A good ad-block software will probably work.

**Edit**
    Here's the main thread where all is explained;
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ertising-on-TZ

Instead, click on a few of them every day. It will make the forum more valuable for advertisers.
    An added benefit is that it will cost more for the advertisers. Click those you don’t like
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    those ads are paying for the forum running costs...

A good ad-block software will probably work.
    Don't encourage the use of an ad blocker when you know ad revenue is paying for the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew S View Post

Google "Cookies" and read on...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Don't encourage the use of an ad blocker when you know ad revenue is paying for the forum.

That made me smile, almost sounded like an order - I did snap to attention briefly.

Just a suggestion (which had been made weeks ago on the other thread) if the banner adverts are causing issues. I haven't bothered with one personally and don't mind the adverts in the slightest, but some folk really don't like change.

Craftsman
    Must of missed the post, no problem if it helps with costs I can put up with it 😄

Master
    Ad Blocker works great.

I would pay a monthly/yearly fee but i won't in any circumstances put up with adverts.