closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Brewdog 'shares'

Any further south and i would have wet feet

Brewdog 'shares'

Does anyone have Brewdog shares or looked at them?
    I wasn't aware they were available until recently but they seem like an interesting proposition. They aren't 'proper' shares as such as they aren't on the stock market. What you do is buy a minimum of two shares which costs you £47.50 and then you are entitled to certain perks which include 5-10% discount in Brewdog bars and 10-20% discount online. As I understand it you can sell your shares,should you wish,through Brewdog's own website. Seems to be their version of crowdfunding and does seem to be pretty popular and fairly successful.
    Anyhow,I reckon that if you like Brewdog and drink it then it seems a reasonable deal for the discount alone.
    I've gone for it and bought a couple of shares so we will see.
    Full details are available HERE if anybody is interested.

(If anybody does fancy it then if you used my referral code R076317 it would be good of you ....for disclosure that would mean if enough people did use the code I might get some free beer )

I’ve bought shares in every round including the founder shares.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I’ve bought shares in every round including the founder shares.
    Looking at them I wish I'd known about them at the time!

Master
    Yeah, bought in on the last offering.

Kinda wish I had been in on the start of the Innes & Gunn offering but was too late in finding out.

Craftsman
    Remember picking up a beer mat 5yearsago advertising Brewdog Shares. Should have invested then really.

Any idea how long the “buy shares” period lasts for please? Is it typically weeks of days?

I bumped into a chap in a Tokyo craft beer pub years ago who mentioned he was researching for a new bar location for a beer company he was involved in. He seemed nice and I bought some shares. That was 2013. You can only sell (or buy) when they have new funding rounds I think, so I just forgot about them. The "dividend" is or was some beer. I have them send it to my mum in the UK. The bloke in the pub turned out to be the CFO or something. I probably should have bought more.

Quote Originally Posted by gavsw20 View Post
    Remember picking up a beer mat 5yearsago advertising Brewdog Shares. Should have invested then really.

Any idea how long the “buy shares” period lasts for please? Is it typically weeks of days?
    Each 'round' appears to be a year....this current one is 16/10/17 to 15/10/18

Master
    My friend just sold a chain of pubs for a fortune, so knows the business. He was talking about BD last month and says they are well overstretched financially and a med - high risk. As always, dyor, shares can go up or down.
    I'm avoiding BD!