closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: bluetooth for tv

Blog Entries

bluetooth for tv

My smart tv does not have bluetooth so my question is can anyone recommend a plug in so i can link the tv to a pair of headphones the soundbar uses an optical connection.
    Thanks in advance

Master
    Are you absolutely certain it doesn't? Mine (Samsung) said it didn't but a bit of digging on the web revealed it had the hardware as per the next model up, it just wasn't activated. I could access the service menu and turn it on.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    Are you absolutely certain it doesn't? Mine (Samsung) said it didn't but a bit of digging on the web revealed it had the hardware as per the next model up, it just wasn't activated. I could access the service menu and turn it on.

Have gone into the service menu and nothing in there i might give LG a quick call just to be safe their help line is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post

We recently bought two Samsung TVs one was 4K one was HD, to our surprise the 4K one didn’t have Bluetooth

My Sony doesn’t have it
    I’ve bought a Bluetooth connector not tried it though so who knows

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    My Sony doesn’t have it
    I’ve bought a Bluetooth connector not tried it though so who knows
    You and me both will get it next week and see what transpires

I recently did this with the 28" Hitachi in the bedroom, although that does have a 3.5mm headphone socket. That's unusual in a big (i.e living room) telly. However, you could do this with a 2 stage approach:

1. Convert the optical out to analogue. I have a box like this (there are many sorts available) to play back sound from the living room TV though my hi-fi via an auxiliary input:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LiNKFOR-Con.../dp/B072LGBNBB

2. You could then connect the D to A converter to a bluetooth transmitter such as this (again, many sorts out there):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Bluet...C/263672305134

The D to A converter I have works really well with no noticeable propagation delay, so no lip sync issues. I was amazed, as something that quick would have been hundreds of pounds not too long ago. I think I paid 15 quid for mine.

The bluetooth adapter (I actually have the one in the link) is maybe less successful, the Hitachi has a separate external USB dongle for its "smart" functions and they both operate in the 2.4 GHz band, it would appear they don't play nicely together. I can either have iPlayer and listen through the speakers or broadcast and listen through the wireless but not both at the same time. I guess it might work better if I hadn't bought the cheapest bits possible, but I don't have access to a spectrum analyser any more to find out which one's misbehaving..

Cheers,

Plug