closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 114060 - 1 week wait

Master

114060 - 1 week wait

Well, I just picked up my sub! Last week I was in picking up a Tudor GMT, and after a chat with the chap he asked if there was anything else I was looking for. I said I was potentially in the market for a sub ND, so he put me on the list - got a call today and picked it up this afternoon. They had a Sub Date, a BLNR, and a GMT in too - all spoken for.

Master
    That was quick!
    What area of the country are you?

I am fairy sure most of these watches are available and for some reason just kept out the back in a safe with the exception of the daytona, even that is available though if your prepared to purchase a PM watch to go with it.

When my sub was stolen it was replaced within a week once approval came from the insurers.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 19th July 2018 at 18:01.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Well, I just picked up my sub! Last week I was in picking up a Tudor GMT, and after a chat with the chap he asked if there was anything else I was looking for. I said I was potentially in the market for a sub ND, so he put me on the list - got a call today and picked it up this afternoon. They had a Sub Date, a BLNR, and a GMT in too - all spoken for.
    Any 116610LV Subs?
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    That was quick!
    What area of the country are you?
    This was at Goldsmiths in Reading

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Any 116610LV Subs?
    No! I did ask.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Any 116610LV Subs?
    Waits for them seems to be long these days.

Journeyman
    Congrats. I picked one up recently when I was just calling in at AD for an update on the LV I’ve been waiting on the past 6 months and they’d had a delivery the day before. Had the choice of a 116610 too.

I bought on a whim thinking it might have to go when I do get the call I’m waiting for but I’ve actually worn it a lot and it’s pretty faultless - works with a suit or swimming shorts and I can’t see me parting with it any time soon.

Enjoy!

When do you get your guarantee?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I am fairy sure most of these watches are available and for some reason just kept out the back in a safe with the exception of the daytona, even that is available though if your prepared to purchase a PM watch to go with it.

When my sub was stolen it was replaced within a week once approval came from the insurers.
    Oh yes it’s a well known fact that in order not to sell the most in demand watches the AD keeps them all in a big cardboard box in the safe and only sells them to favoured clients and at massive discount to their staff .. it’s a national disgrace!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    When do you get your guarantee?
    held for 12 months

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Waits for them seems to be long these days.
    Personally I don't understand why, yes a colourful alternative Sub, but it just seems gaudy to me

Craftsman
    Congrats on your new watch. Had mine since March and love it. Waited for three months.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Oh yes it’s a well known fact that in order not to sell the most in demand watches the AD keeps them all in a big cardboard box in the safe and only sells them to favoured clients and at massive discount to their staff .. it’s a national disgrace!!
    Quite. Keeping those watches already allocated for persons on a list, or best customers, in a safe out back is one thing, but I can't imagine many ADs hoarding an abundance of their best-sellers & turning away walk-in sales for the fun of it. Whilst it's recognized that the difficulty in getting these watches adds to the allure & demand, I doubt ADs themselves care too much about that long-game, and leave it to Rolex. Far more likely to be thinking about stock levels, cash flow & month-end sales targets.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Interesting comment on the BLNR. I had chat with them after you posted this to see how their list was moving along and they advised me they hadn't had one in for months.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    Interesting comment on the BLNR. I had chat with them after you posted this to see how their list was moving along and they advised me they hadn't had one in for months.
    That is interesting. When I initially enquired after the Sub, a few months ago, they told me I couldn’t even go on the list, which is any case over a year. Then I put my name down for the Tudor GMT, still the same response on the Sub. Then I actually bought and paid for the GMT when it arrived, had a pleasant chat, and the Sub arrived a week later, and during the compulsory de-stickering the info was offered on the others, they also said they had had a Pepsi GMT. I was told a BLNR would be a year’s wait, and to let them know when I thought I was a year away from wanting one.
    I’m all stocked up on GMT’s now so I might pop in to order a strap for the Tudor and ask about an lv.