timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Excellent Camera Wrist Strap?

Excellent Camera Wrist Strap?

I've spent some time looking at the various wrist straps on offer for the Fuji X100 series and the amount you can purchase is a bit boggling.

I'm leaning toward the Peak Design version: http://amzn.eu/4leEod3

Canvas, so in warmed weather, less likely to become uncomfortable, like leather can do and has reasonable reviews.

However, before I opt for the PD, does anyone have any others they'd recommend?

Craftsman
    Have a look at Footprint. As far as I can tell they donít have a website but I have purchased from them via EBay.
    Excellent quality English saddle leather in a variety of colours and a range of colours of stitching.
    Iíve had a couple on my cameras for a couple of years and have had a lot of positive comments.

Grand Master
    I use Peak Design stuff, including the wrist strap. Very good gear, and nicely interchangeable between cameras.
    Best Regards - Peter
    Please Note: It is possible that Griswold may know nothing whatsoever about horology. It's even possible that he has never even owned a watch. It is also highly possible the he has a strange imagination. His wife insists he would be far better off paying more attention to taking his medication on time.

Cheers chaps.

Footprint looks like a good cost effective, handmade, solution.

However, the PD stuff seems to have the edge, as Griswold has mentioned, due to ease of interchange and I also like the fact it is canvas.

I get all my strappy things from Peak Designs. Top quality.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I get all my strappy things from Peak Designs. Top quality.
    Cheers Tony.

Looks like I found the solution before asking; just wanted to check that I wasnít missing any better options.

Just ordered a Peak Design wrist strap from Amazon based on the advice in this thread - thank you all !

I was especially thrilled by the concept of the ďanchorsĒ so the strap can be interchanged on different cameras !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pbr View Post
    Just ordered a Peak Design wrist strap from Amazon based on the advice in this thread - thank you all !

I was especially thrilled by the concept of the ďanchorsĒ so the strap can be interchanged on different cameras !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a heads up for anyone else thinking of ordering.

When I posted the link above, the Amazon price was just below £30 (£29.95 iirc).

They only had a few left and now they've done the annoying thing that can happen on Amazon when stocks are low, they've upped the price! They are now listing the same strap for £64.40 via a reseller.

My advice would be to find another seller (they are on eBay, new, from UK sellers for £28-29) or buy direct from PD (USD $29.95).

Quote Originally Posted by AM94 View Post
    Just a heads up for anyone else thinking of ordering.

When I posted the link above, the Amazon price was just below £30 (£29.95 iirc).

They only had a few left and now they've done the annoying thing that can happen on Amazon when stocks are low, they've upped the price! They are now listing the same strap for £64.40 via a reseller.

My advice would be to find another seller (they are on eBay, new, from UK sellers for £28-29) or buy direct from PD (USD $29.95).

Whow !!! I guess I was extremely lucky then - I managed to get it for just below £30 + shipping !