closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 16610 lv prices

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    I think your view point is slightly off
    How so? Surely cost is generally subject to supply and demand? I would guess as these were made for 7 years they aren’t that rare but maybe owners just hold onto them as collection pieces limiting supply?

I like them and would happily by one for under 10k but at nearly 20k it’s not a reality.

Master
    Olive and lime. Flat 4s are overrated :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by newsboy View Post

Superb NB!
    Do the flat 4s both have oval Os?
    Hard to tell on your pic
    Mine has a round O, took a while to find one the same but they are out there.

Blog Entries
    There’s also a G serial in there too. Probably less made than Flat 4 variety

Just come on at £22K

Master
    You can put something for sale at whatever price you want.
    That doesn't equate to its value.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Very true common thing these days

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

These prices will soon be reality.

Craftsman

You’re clearly stating the obvious there , but I quite like the sellers optimism , take just one person who doesn’t know better to make him an offer and the seller would be quids in.

Good luck to him.

I've got my 16610LV back on my wrist after a 5.5 year hiatus. I originally started wearing my LV in about 2012 along with my 16600 and it was great fun interchanging with rubberB straps on both and natos. Then got married in 2013 and my wife started wearing my LV but by then I also had a white 216570. I then treated myself to a LVC in 2014 and so I had 3 watches to wear in rotation which was more than adequate for me but I definitely missed the LV, especially at night because it was a comfortable watch to wear to bed with great night time legibility.

The LV stayed sized to my wife's wrist since she started wearing it and she did not want to wear any of my other watches. Then in 2018 I gifted her a 116333 wimbledon/federer dial which she loves and the LV was put away until the other day when I sized it to my wrist again. Wow, what a banging watch! I can't take it off now. It sits much lower than the 16600 and is also very different to the 216570 and LVC.

I've said it before, the 16610LV is the greatest rolex of the last 20 years, easily. An understated and classy watch that looks good casually and dressed up.

Happy days!

Master
    This isn't a sales post, but I said I'd ask our of interest. Just been chatting to a good friend who bought a 16610LV in 2008 for just over £3,300 he thinks from a dealer. Another local dealer knew he had it and has just offered him £10,000 - says he has a buyer. It's a full set and in excellent condition as hardly worn.

I didn't know if that was a good or bad deal for him? I don't think he'll sell.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    This isn't a sales post, but I said I'd ask our of interest. Just been chatting to a good friend who bought a 16610LV in 2008 for just over £3,300 he thinks from a dealer. Another local dealer knew he had it and has just offered him £10,000 - says he has a buyer. It's a full set and in excellent condition as hardly worn.

I didn't know if that was a good or bad deal for him? I don't think he'll sell.
    I would say the dealer is giving him a good price for it.
    He will maybe sell at 11K

If it really is unworn and presumably mint and a full set, then it may get to 12k if he is lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    If it really is unworn and presumably mint and a full set, then it may get to 12k if he is lucky.
    It says hardly worn not unworn there is a difference. 10k right money

My F serial 2004 complete set with service bezel pointy 4 went for £10,500 to the trade in November. I figured I was doing pretty well at that. He advertised it at £13995 and it was on hold within a day!

Just looking at the pics in this thread - what lovely watches.

That hint of subtle colour really elevates the look of the Submariner, without being too showy.

Very classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Geneve View Post

That hint of subtle colour really elevates the look of the Submariner, without being too showy.

Very classy.
    Don’t let the hype or the pictures fool you! - I never really grew to like my LV, the colour didn’t really go with anything and if I’d kept it I would have swapped out the bezel for black. Tried to like it for 7 years, sold it and never missed it. Probably should have kept it in a drawer and flogged it for a huge profit - but hey, there are more important things in life!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneve View Post

Very classy.
    Absolutely :)

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Don’t let the hype or the pictures fool you! - I never really grew to like my LV, the colour didn’t really go with anything and if I’d kept it I would have swapped out the bezel for black. Tried to like it for 7 years, sold it and never missed it. Probably should have kept it in a drawer and flogged it for a huge profit - but hey, there are more important things in life!

You shouldn’t have bought it in the first place then...

I have one of mine permanently with a black bezel, simply because I also like that look.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post

Not really sure how the pictures can fool you.
    A photo of the watch would seem to be a decent representation of what the watch looks like.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sold my late LV for £3250 about 5 years ago. Probably should have kept it...

Not really sure how the pictures can fool you.
    A photo of the watch would seem to be a decent representation of what the watch looks like.
    It’s a turn of phrase. I liked the LV when I bought it, possibly in part because they were hard to find and a forum darling at the time. Over the course of 7 years I realised I didn’t really like the green bezel, and sold the watch. That’s it!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Absolutely :)

You shouldn’t have bought it in the first place then...

I have one of mine permanently with a black bezel, simply because I also like that look.
    Well, I bought it, wore it for 7 years almost daily, went off it, sold it for more than I bought it for. But I got bored with the Rolex thing a fair few years ago now, probably not much point in contributing to Rolex threads tbh! (That isn’t a snarky comment by the way, just a kind of ‘shrugs shoulders’ comment!)

Grand Master
    Doesn’t seem long since these were current models, available in every ADs window, for a tad more than three grand. I always preferred the maxi dial and hands compared to the 16610, but detested the green bezel, I had a new one offered to me with 20% discount but turned it down, preferring to stick with the 16610 I’d bought for a couple of grand without box and papers. If I’d bought the LV I would’ve swapped the bezel for black and stored the green one in the box. At that time I really liked the Sub, and the prospect of the maxi dial/hands with black bezel appealed; had I gone ahead and bought the watch for £3200, selling my old Sub for around £2400, that would’ve been a great investment.....hindsight is wonderful!

Current prices for these are crazy, do folks really like that green bezel enough to pay daft money? Green looks OK on grass and Kermit the Frog, not on a watch to my eyes.

All the folklore surrounding these things is amusing, (flat 4s, fat 4s yadayadayada), every time I become tempted to try and make sense of it I give up.

There are things in this world I can’t understand, the hallowed world of Rolex Sub prices/collectability is one them. As a watch fan I feel I should be able to get my head around it, but the more I try to see the logic the more I realise there is none. Makes about as much sense as collecting worn out dog collars or empty crisp packets to me, there’s no way I would’ve predicted what has happened to the prices or the cult that’s developed around the things!

I bought mine for just over £3k - got a 20% discount from a friendly AD. Wore it everyday since 2008 and I love it. I'd never part with mine and that was before I realised prices had gone crazy.

Craftsman
    Bought a hulk about 6 years ago wore it for a while
    But found the green a bit flashy so it just spins in the box
    With values going up is it time to sell
    Thoughts please

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    Thoughts please

Yep sell. No point holding onto a watch you don’t wear unless it has some sentimental value

Thoughts please

Hulk? If so Hold until Basle, it migth get discontinued

Journeyman
    If you expect a further price increase and dont need the money now, just wait.

Thoughts please

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by njr911 View Post
    Hulk? If so Hold until Basle, it migth get discontinued

No chance of that happening. The hulk is here to stay

Quote Originally Posted by newsboy View Post
    No chance of that happening. The hulk is here to stay

Hmmm, it may get a movement update and tweaked though.
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Hmmm, it may get a movement update and tweaked though.
    I agree

Ten years is a lifetime in watches...

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...bmariner-(Sold)

Completely mint LV hung around for days and in the end I sold it for £3k and hand delivered it 100 miles away...I didn't even really like the Big Pilot once I had it!

Master
    I was scanning a site last night and saw an LV at £13950 -Not a flat4 or NOS
    This piqued my interest so I went onto Chrono24 to check out prices.
    It would seem from a scan on chrono24 that a lot of UK dealers are trying to value them at this price.
    Strangely US dealers and Euro dealers seem to price them a lot more realistically with prices for one with B&P starting approx 10.5K
    Why are the UK dealers prices so high?
    Also why would anyone pay a UK dealer that price when they could buy off a European dealer or even have a holiday in the US and pick one up for far less.
    Madness.

My favourite is when I see a UK watch trader on Instagram captioning their wares as 'great investment' or 'investment piece'

Good investment for the trader, no doubt. I doubt the buyer will see much (if any) upside when buying from such traders

But if people are willing to pay, why not try ever more optimistic pricing....?

Craftsman
    Hoping for new lv at Basel not that I will get one ! Just would be a nice watch !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Billy4389 View Post
    Hoping for new lv at Basel not that I will get one ! Just would be a nice watch !

Be nice to actually get one from a AD

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Billy4389 View Post
    Wasn’t the LV a special ‘anniversary’ model to celebrate 50 years of the Submariner ? Probably needs to coincide with the next significant date.
    Perhaps worth putting name down in anticipation of the 2053 model

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    Be nice to actually get one from a AD

It’s the dream more chance of hitting the euro millions Bok bok

Master
    I’m hoping for an update to the LVC to continue the journey.
    You never really own a Rolex...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loupe View Post
    I’m hoping for an update to the LVC to continue the journey.
    You never really own a Rolex...

Very nice

Master
    Blog Entries

LV and 4000C the best modern Rolex full stop

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidybeard View Post
    Ten years is a lifetime in watches...

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...bmariner-(Sold)

Completely mint LV hung around for days and in the end I sold it for £3k and hand delivered it 100 miles away...I didn't even really like the Big Pilot once I had it!
    Wow Tidybeard, I read your link from 2009, and I must say, that was eye-opening, bearing in mind the prices being asked for today. If only we could go back in time. Imagine a group of TZers from today, ending up in 2009. The frenzy you'd experience being offered even the asking price!!

But would anyone let the cat out of the bag to you?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    I would hang fire until Bazel, as the rumour is the Hulk maybe discontinued. If that is the case you could be sitting on £15,000!!
    Wow people really think this may happen? £15K would tempt me all day long to sell mine.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    I would hang fire until Bazel, as the rumour is the Hulk maybe discontinued. If that is the case you could be sitting on £15,000!!
    The SDc4000 was only produced for 3 years and the effect of the model being discontinued was very modest - especially against a backdrop of generally rising SS Rolex Professional model prices.

The (recentish?) interest in the LV is an interesting one. Chatting to my AD in the last year or so, he said that (if I remember correctly) about 5 years prior, he had more than one LV in stock and were close to discounting them to get rid. I don't know if that timing chimes with anyone else's recollection.
    Last edited by David_D; 9th February 2019 at 19:37.

Craftsman
    The problem with the modern day LV (for me personally) is that as absolutely beautiful as it is and, in my humble opinion it really is beautiful-there simply isn't a question I can think of to what the answer is a bright green Rolex!

I bout one for my wife and it is simply beautiful but I couldn't wear it myself.

The anniversary however, seems to be that much more wearable with the black dial. But then the green dial on the ceramic is so nice-go figure!

Master
    They were made for about 7 years and were quite hard to get hold of at the time. A bit like most Rolex sports models there was a waiting list at AD's. Most of them that appeared on the market when they were current models were ones collected from AD's and flipped for a quick profit. Retail price at the time was around £3200 but they were selling for between £6000 and £7000 whilst they were current so a tidy profit for some poeple who collected from the AD and sold the same day. Then the craze quickly dropped off and they could be picked up at one point for just under the £4000 mark. They are a rare watch. You see them for sale on C24, watchfinder etc, but there are not many when compared to other models or other brands. Given the history I have just mentioned, it may well be possible that they dip again. The vintage sports market has experienced dips of 20 odd percent in recent years, but has always clawed back. I have been fortunate enough to own 3 of them. One I sold for £4200 around 6 years ago. I kept the other two.

Master
    Here is one of them

Quote Originally Posted by clockwatcher View Post
    Here is one of them

To my eye that looks stunning.

Craftsman
    I held off buying one of these a year ago when they were at sensible prices. Kicking myself now.