closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Unimatic U1 Divers

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Little bump, as I just ordered one of these. Collaboration with Massena labs
    Quite nice and lume colouring is also good. Hodinkee reports already sold out! Only 99 pieces. Not sure about the price (with only the NH35 movement), but given the demand I doubt you have a problem moving it on.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Love the look of the Unimatics, but for the asking price an NH35 is just nowhere near good-enough.
    Couldn’t agree more, like buying a fast car with a Fiesta engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Quite nice and lume colouring is also good. Hodinkee reports already sold out! Only 99 pieces. Not sure about the price (with only the NH35 movement), but given the demand I doubt you have a problem moving it on.
    I've had one before. The quality of them justifies the price (for me). Throw in the rarity/demand factor, and I've no issue with the price!

New Unimatic U1 Divers

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Love the look of the Unimatics, but for the asking price an NH35 is just nowhere near good-enough.
    Open question what do we think these are worth then? You can get a Unimatic U1 for approx £600 and that doesn’t feel too bad, to me at least

Having said that there are some strong Seiko offerings at that level, but totally different design language

I've had one before. The quality of them justifies the price (for me). Throw in the rarity/demand factor, and I've no issue with the price!
    Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    Open question what do we think these are worth then? You can get a Unimatic U1 for approx £600 and that doesn’t feel too bad, to me at least

Having said that there are some strong Seiko offerings at that level, but totally different design language

In some ways the NH35 is a pragmatic choice - just have to treat it as a replaceable module since no-one would ever bother fixing one - but there are so many more worthy choices, even the NH36 would have been better!

Movement aside, it's a beautifully designed and made watch with a pretty unique look, so as with most things, what it's worth is what someone will pay for it. Perversely, I'd be more interested if it had a top quality quartz movement - cos of Lazy Reasons...

Well the Newmark 71 comfortably exceeds the Unimatic specification for comfortably less money.
    D

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Well the Newmark 71 comfortably exceeds the Unimatic specification for comfortably less money.
    D
    And I imagine if choosing a watch purely on spec, there's something out there that exceeds the Newmark. But, personally, I've never purchased based solely on the spec. I imagine most buyers don't.

I've had more issues with supposedly superior movements, than any Seiko I've owned.

And I imagine if choosing a watch purely on spec, there's something out there that exceeds the Newmark. But, personally, I've never purchased based solely on the spec. I imagine most buyers don't.

I've had more issues with supposedly superior movements, than any Seiko I've owned.
    Sorry, that wasn't my point. Design is design, you can love whatever watch design you like, and that is more of the issue when selecting a new watch.
    But I was mentioning that as a contribution to the value discussion.
    Unimatic seem to have somewhat over-stated their "value" (imho) as they clearly feel that their designs (which I do like) justify their prices.
    Those prices are simply not very keen in the independent brand market (where better value is offered by Newmark, and our host, and many others).

D

Forgive me bumping this thread, but my resolve to never have a “boutique” watch ever again is wavering a bit in the face of this:

It’s a good job it’s out of stock everywhere!

It’s mad really, £650, no marking on the bezel, no seconds track, NH35A, comes in a huge Pelicase. I really shouldn’t want one, but I do! My Seiko SKX007 is a few feet away, and I’m sure it’s murmuring abuse at me.

Would you, assuming one can be found?

Dave

Yes really like these. Also the version with cirkels as hour markers. Bit weird to have a bezel without numbers but somehow it works, very original.

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    Forgive me bumping this thread, but my resolve to never have a “boutique” watch ever again is wavering a bit in the face of this:

It’s a good job it’s out of stock everywhere!

It’s mad really, £650, no marking on the bezel, no seconds track, NH35A, comes in a huge Pelicase. I really shouldn’t want one, but I do! My Seiko SKX007 is a few feet away, and I’m sure it’s murmuring abuse at me.

Would you, assuming one can be found?

Dave

Yes. They're a step above the skx etc, and really good value. They hold value as well. I had to move the massena version on during lockdown, shame as I'll never get another!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Yes really like these. Also the version with cirkels as hour markers. Bit weird to have a bezel without numbers but somehow it works, very original.

Not that original considering squale did it for blancpain more than 40 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Not that original considering squale did it for blancpain more than 40 years ago...

And Porsche Design after that for the second generation of Bund divers

Oh, I think that you're forgiven! That's a very handsome watch in a particular style (as others have said, Squale, Blancpain, PD, IWC.) I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Oh, I think that you're forgiven! That's a very handsome watch in a particular style (as others have said, Squale, Blancpain, PD, IWC.) I like it a lot.
    Agree. The Unimatic looks great. That bezel style is good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by quietly View Post
    [/url]
    Is that your IWC Diver? That’s amazing!!

D

Smile

Yes. One of Ferdinand Alexander Porsche's best designs.

I like this chrono, U3-F. Not out yet apparently and shame it’s a quartz movement.

New Unimatic U1 Divers

Quote Originally Posted by IVK View Post
    I like this chrono, U3-F. Not out yet apparently and shame it’s a quartz movement.

It’s already been released; there are a few YouTube videos about it - it’s a handsome thing and from what I can gather the meca-quartz” is needed to power the chrono function and it would have been too costly for an automatic chrono movement. Sounds a bit wierd...but hopefully that will be reflected in the price (but I doubt it).

I want one I think...

One on e-bay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303615307065

Last edited by Megatron; 5th August 2020 at 16:09.

I’m tracking my U1-FM delivery, hopefully it will arrive by tomorrow

Dave :)

It’s a very small thing, but I’ve had a great response from Unimatic today

My recently arrived U1-FM came via eBay and so I emailed to ask if the warranty was transferable you me, as it must have 18 months to run. I had a response to my email in minutes, and one photo of the warranty card later, all sorted and I now have the backup of the warranty

A bit unexpected, but a great response from Unimatic.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    It’s already been released; there are a few YouTube videos about it - it’s a handsome thing and from what I can gather the meca-quartz” is needed to power the chrono function and it would have been too costly for an automatic chrono movement. Sounds a bit wierd...but hopefully that will be reflected in the price (but I doubt it).

I want one I think...

One on e-bay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303615307065

Oh, I see. I misunderstood the website - must be just out of stock. Or have they stopped production?

Handsome indeed.

I’m tracking my U1-FM delivery, hopefully it will arrive by tomorrow

Dave :)

Congrats! Please post some pictures

New Unimatic U1 Divers

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Congrats! Please post some pictures
    Quick and dirty pics. Liking this very much indeed :)

Dave

Craftsman
    That's lovely!!

Quote Originally Posted by IVK View Post
    Oh, I see. I misunderstood the website - must be just out of stock. Or have they stopped production?

Handsome indeed.
    I don’t know if they’ve stopped - I really hope they haven’t and they’re just releasing in 2 batches...but based on their previous sales it seems once they’re gone they’re gone forever

That looks great! Unique look, really like it.

Just ordered the new massena edition. Goes on general sale next week.

Master
    That's lovely. But what's 'distressed' about the dial?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    That's lovely. But what's 'distressed' about the dial?
    I imagine it's a similar process to their last collaboration, each dial is aged (cant remember the exact method) but it meant each dial was unique.

Not surprisingly the new version seems to have sold out in couple of hours of less.
    Looks like a great watch even if somewhat overpriced for an NH35 driven watch. I guess it is more about the lovely design than the movement.

Craftsman
    Some very handsome designs there.

Very nice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Not surprisingly the new version seems to have sold out in couple of hours of less.
    Looks like a great watch even if somewhat overpriced for an NH35 driven watch. I guess it is more about the lovely design than the movement.
    We are all used to the big players such pricing above engineering value, and at a much accessible price point this is the same, the reason for it being design.

They are about the only brand I have any time for in the micro brand space. I have the minimalist U1-FM myself, although it is expensive for an NH35, and part of me still wants the discontinued U2-C. Good job this new release was sold out when I looked!

Dave

Mine arrives tomorrow. Quite nice not knowing exactly what I'm getting with the variability of the dial finish