closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IPad Mini 5

Blog Entries

IPad Mini 5

IPad Mini 5. Opinions please gentlemen, do you think there will be one in the Apple September launch?

Master
    This has been the longest interval between releases in the history of that product line so I would agree with Macrumors on their recommendation to hold off buying:

https://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iPad_Mini

Having said that if you look at the history of the main iPad line there was a 2 year release gap at one point so it's not unheard of for them to sit on it if they don't have anything reasonable to upgrade it with.

I'd say hold off. If you don't have one already and want one to hand, you could pick up a second hand model and probably sell it for similar money in a couple of months.

The other rumour that I read last year (when I was looking to buy) is that Apple are going to stop producing the iPad Mini range. Most of that custom now goes to the larger (Plus) sized iPhones.

I ended up getting a secondhand iPad mini 4.

A few years back I had an iPhone 5 and an iPad mini 2. I ended up selling both and getting an iPhone 6s plus which I still have today. I can't say I've missed the iPad since.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhopperSenior View Post
    A few years back I had an iPhone 5 and an iPad mini 2. I ended up selling both and getting an iPhone 6s plus which I still have today. I can't say I've missed the iPad since.
    I have the 6s plus (saw no reason to upgrade) and the iPad pro 12.9”. I use the iPad daily but find it a bit unwieldy to travel with. I bought my wife the iPad mini 4 and she loves it and I was toying with getting one myself as I prefer reading Kindle books on a iPad. Reluctant to jump in case a mini 5 is imminent although my gut feeling is there may not be one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    I have the 6s plus (saw no reason to upgrade) and the iPad pro 12.9”. I use the iPad daily but find it a bit unwieldy to travel with. I bought my wife the iPad mini 4 and she loves it and I was toying with getting one myself as I prefer reading Kindle books on a iPad. Reluctant to jump in case a mini 5 is imminent although my gut feeling is there may not be one.
    I'll be disappointed if they do can it as I've had three now and they're easily my favourite product of theirs by some margin. Plus sized phone doesn't quite cut it size wise and the standard sized iPad is still a fair bit bulkier even in more recent guise.

I hope they do another one, I too am waiting. The iPad is just a little too large to travel with.