closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: GPS watches, why did you sell yours?

GPS watches, why did you sell yours?

I am pondering a GPS watch. Maybe the Citizen Promaster one with the big crown. (It just popped back in stock at Creation for a good price for those interested - although I'd buy locally and get a manufacturer guarantee personally).

Don't see many of these GPS watches on here. Those that pop up in my search seem to be in Sales Corner. So, ex-owners or owners, what's the issue? Size? General pointlessness of the GPS? Novelty wears off? I'm interested to hear your opinions.

60.3 × 57.7 × 20.2 mm

The reason!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    60.3 × 57.7 × 20.2 mm

The reason!
    Ha ha! Rangeman? I tried one of those. Looked like I had strapped a toaster to my wrist. The Citizens, Seikos and Casio's own Oceanus GPS watches are a bit smaller thankfully.

Here's the Timex Ironman GPS watch for $99.95:

Quite fond of the Ironman watches, but in this case, I'm not looking at a GPS running watch. I am interested in the type that set their time and timezone using GPS and don't need frequent charging or connecting to a phone. Seiko, Citizen and Casio make them.

This sort of thing:

I havn't bought one becuase I'm still waiting for the size to come down. When they make something like the casio oceanus ocws100 with gps capability and ktm as a home city, then I'll be in. But to be honest, before that happens I'll be more likely to be buying one of these bad boys, for all sorts of reasons

https://www.techsilver.co.uk/product...ker-gps-watch/
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Not full GPS display but works off GPS.

Correct time anywhere in the world,6 year warranty and no service charges.

Bought because atomic watches don't sync well in many parts of the world.

Great with a suit or on the beach.

This hasn't been on sales corner - it is my go to watch, love the size, the finish, legibility. Best £500 I have spent on a modern watch.

On the wrist

Like that Seiko.

Never managed to get round to buying it yet though

The Seiko GPS is on sale at H Samuel

http://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d/...racelet+watch/

Use code EXTRA10 for another 10%

Master
    I have a number of GPS watches that I use for cycling / route tracking purposes, but I decided that I couldn't really justify one of the upmarket ones that use GPS for global accuracy only. Even if I'm out of atomic / radio sync range for two weeks, I have a number of ordinary quartz watches that might drift by three or four seconds in that time. And that's not really going to make you miss a train, an appointment or anything else.