closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Applecare question

Applecare question

I've got a 15 touchbar macbook pro.

Think it's only sensible to get applecare for it.

Please excuse the stupid questions:

Are there different levels of applecare?

As far as i can work out, the correct applecare package on the Apple website is £329 .*gulp*

Can i buy it cheaper anywhere, or is this dodgy?

Cheers
    Dave
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    I've got a 15 touchbar macbook pro.

Think it's only sensible to get applecare for it.

Please excuse the stupid questions:

Are there different levels of applecare?

As far as i can work out, the correct applecare package on the Apple website is £329 .*gulp*

Can i buy it cheaper anywhere, or is this dodgy?

Cheers
    Dave
    Hi Dave,

AFAIK there's only one level of Appelcare. £329 seems a lot. I have bought it for my laptop and for computers at work. My home one was £180 this March for a 13" MBP. The ones in the office were a little more expensive. You can only get Applecare from Apple and they tend to control prices very strictly. Even at your quoted price, it's worth having the peace of mind, in my experience. Macs are great but cost a helluva lot when they go wrong, and they do.
    Last edited by dkpw; 18th July 2018 at 18:57.

Thanks dk. I'll buy you an ice cream next time I'm in Ed.

Master
    Does it not come with two years warranty anyway, how long is AppleCare for...3yrs? I’m probably a tight git and I’ve never paid for any extended warranty. Surely if something was to go wrong it would be in the first few years. Would you be better putting the £329 to one side in case you need it in the third year

£329 is the correct price. Most repairs on the MacBook cost in excess of £400 so if you have to make a claim you will get your money back.

Do you have one of the new models released last week or ones from earlier this year? Ones from earlier this year are covered by an extended keyboard service program for 3 years from the date of purchase. This does not apply to the July 2018 models.

See https://www.apple.com/support/keyboa...d-macbook-pro/

Here's the warranty details:

Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    Limited Warranty and Service

In the United Kingdom, consumers are entitled to a free-of-charge repair or replacement, by the seller, of goods which do not conform with the contract of sale. Under English law, consumers have up to six years from the date of delivery to exercise their rights; however, various factors may impact your eligibility to receive these remedies. For more details, click here.

Your MacBook Pro also comes with 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support and a one-year limited warranty from Apple. To learn more about how Apple will service your MacBook Pro, click here.

Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to get up to three years of expert telephone technical support and additional hardware service options from Apple. For more information, click here.
    Last edited by Phil Lee; 18th July 2018 at 21:25.

If you must have Apple, really really must, then you do have to buy the latest model just out. Apple have apparently fixed the keyboard problem that has plagued the last model and which was the cause of many returns and many forum posts. They seem to have not only fixed it but made it quieter by using a silicon pad over each key base.

Craftsman
    Don’t your get two years guarantee on all electrical bought through John Lewis?

I didn't buy this from JL.
    I do however have extended warranty through my flexplus account.

- - - Updated - - -

^cheers Phil, that's useful intel

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    Does it not come with two years warranty anyway, how long is AppleCare for...3yrs? I’m probably a tight git and I’ve never paid for any extended warranty. Surely if something was to go wrong it would be in the first few years. Would you be better putting the £329 to one side in case you need it in the third year
    I'm with oli on this - you can insure your life away...