closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Iphone - all passwords wiped?

Iphone - all passwords wiped?

My iPhone 6 has been bouncing off the memory limits for a while now and whilst annoying I've been living with it. Yesterday however it did something strange, it's completely wiped all my passwords, not just forums and stuff but also internet banking apps. It's behaving like I've never used the apps before, fingerprint enablement not recognised, having to log in as new user.

Is this something that can happen or should I be concerned about potential virus or a bigger issue here?

Wondered if any of our tech-savvie folks have an idea. Cheers

Master
    The memory isn’t protected, so just like a hard drive in a computer, when you hit the limits of its storage, you risk overwriting data you rely on.
    All you can do is back-up the phone as it is now, and then restore it from the previous back-up.
    Depending on how long ago that was, you probably won’t have all the current text messages, etc, and emails may not re-download if they’re removed from the server.
    Other than that, all you can do is lose some of the apps/music/videos you don’t use or are taking up too much space, and re-input your passwords, assuming you can remember them – there’s no magical recovery option leaving everything as it currently is.

Sync’ing phones is every bit as important (and should be done as regularly) as a home computer, and it takes no time at all to do so, even if using iTunes itself rather than over the air to the iCloud.

Blog Entries
    My advice get into a back up habit i back up our two iphones and ipads to my laptop as well as the auto backup to the cloud keep an eye on your usage, apps and memory especially if you have a 16gb unit.
    As above restore and try an earlier backup point
    Last edited by mart broad; 20th July 2018 at 08:19.

Do you use cloud keychain? If yes, all your passwords must be stored in cloud and all you have to do is to turn cloud syncing (log out of your account) off and on again let it sync.