closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Opening a watch back with your teeth

Craftsman

Opening a watch back with your teeth

At least that's what this Monaco CW2112 looks like at Parkers. You'd think for nearly two grand, they'd pop some new screws in!

https://parkersjewellers.co.uk/shop/...chrono-cw2112/

Craftsman
    I was expecting a pic of someone who'd drunk a little too much beer, with broken teeth and a watch back he'd just torn off, next to a beer bottle lid he'd opened with a proper bottle opener.

Does look a bit ropey to put dinged screw heads back in. As you say, they're not exactly expensive!

Grand Master
    Those screws will almost certainly be individual ones, and the only place to get replacements is from LVMH. Despite the fact that they're slightly chewed they're still servicable. The heads could be refinished/repolished to improve the appearance but they'll never be perfect.

If the rest of the watch was OK it wouldn't put me off buying.

Not at all pretty, but then again not so unusual either with pre-owned - it's regrettably common to see bracelet screws completely mangled from careless adjustment, or scratched lugs from inexpert bracelet/strap removal.

If I were buying that watch I'd be slightly concerned about that being only the damage I can see - who knows what an inside bodge-job they might have made of the movement, or in re-seating the case back seal?

Smile

I had an old omega a while back with that type of case back. The jewellers who fitted a new battery explained how important it was to ensure there was no dirt build up between the back and the case on the edges as the screws are so tiny and shallow they can snap. He wasn't sure whether they were easily available either. But yes those screws look a mess. I once had a similar problem with the screw heads on the bracelet on a Ball HC Engineer. The heads were very soft and tapping them back flat with a small toffee hammer improved things...

I've had the same problems with German cap screw on my cars...always to soft and shallow...anyone ever done the water pump on an e24 635csi......