closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Planet ocean clasp

Apprentice

Planet ocean clasp

My 2010 planet ocean has been my only and everyday watch since I bought it. I’ve recently noticed that the clasp is starting to sag away from the bracelet and I’m not sure what to do.

The strap feels secure and it doesn’t release under tension or stress.

I took it in to Omega and they said they could replace the strap during a service (the watch is due a service).

What has me puzzled is whether this issue is a design flaw of the bracelet; in which case another one will suffer the same fate. Or it’s just down to how much I use the watch.

I asked the Omega sales guy if I could get a newer model SS strap on my older watch. He said no, because it probably wouldn’t fit the case. He wasn’t that convincing and seems to ‘um and ah’ a lot.

Does anyone have experience of a worn bracelet from Omega?

Should I get the same bracelet again? Try and get the updated PO bracelet? Get an aftermarket bracelet?

IMG_0846.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    IMG_0849.JPG

there is a spring that holds mushroom-like pin, maybe it's worn out. cousins sell these springs for 10-15£.

It may be that the diving extension isn't seated properly.. Pull the extension out and reseat it so it tucks under the catch release plate.
    I'm just a very naughty boy.

Good deals with- VINSTINK, kevkojak, Optimum, Omegary, seikoking, acg, SPEEDY, kfman, Card Shark, wajhart, Jot, danboy, zenomega, gaz64, minke, Mal52, Alas, norfolkngood, Sparky, rdwiow, mrteatime, gravedodger, joeytheghost, lordoftheflies, Silver Hawk, Filterlab, brooksy, marmisto, Fray Bentos, Bootsy, Harvey69, Mantisgb, bristolboozer, Jedadiah, newtohorology, Zephod, jimm1, Draygo, Raptor.

I may have forgot one or two, apppologies.

Mine is just like that. Haven't done anything about as still seems perfectly secure.

Mine was like that ,I wouldn’t say there’s much sag 1-2mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by luddite View Post
    It may be that the diving extension isn't seated properly.. Pull the extension out and reseat it so it tucks under the catch release plate.
    Cheers. I’ve double checked the extension and it’s in correctly.

Apprentice
    Seems like it’s part par for the course with this bracelet. Thanks for the responses

Blog Entries
    One and only watch since 2010? I think you are on the wrong forum (please take this comment in the vain it was meant). I am sure if you put it in for a service with Omega Service they can advise if any spring bars need replacement. I’ve always had good dealings sending watches direct to Omega - who send an insured package out next day delivery for return to them and you now can track online the watches progress through their system. OK - not the cheapest option but you get 2y guarantee from them and a watch that should keep going for another 7-8 years.

I think you could just have the clasp replaced - instead of replacing the whole bracelet - a whole new bracelet is. Or cheap though.

Let us know how you get on?

Martyn.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 17th July 2018 at 08:20.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    One and only watch since 2010? I think you are on the wrong forum