closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panerai value question

Panerai value question

One for the forum experts hopefully? I’ve been offered a 2007 dot dial 233 that isn’t complete. No cardboard box, rubber strap missing. How does being incomplete affect resale value? Worst case, what would a loose 233 in good condition sell for?
    Thanks in advance!
    Steve

I am no expert, but I doubt that missing cardboard box and rubber strap would seriously affect 10 year old watch value.

Master
    Probably the price of a rubber strap if at all I would have thought.

I thought Panerai buyers were extra picky about all the bits n bobs, including the outer box which is a bit odd tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Resale value is the most important thing, and missing a rubber strap is killer.

Not the same but I bought a 389 a couple of years ago but it had a leather missing and a screw driver and I paid £500 less ,how much is it ,I picked a am/pm version up earlier in the year off Sc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by troymcclure72 View Post
    Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Resale value is the most important thing, and missing a rubber strap is killer.
    Imho, if resale value is the most important thing a Panerai is not the watch to purchase........

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Imho, if resale value is the most important thing a Panerai is not the watch to purchase........

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Panerai resale values seem to be at an all time low atm.
    Expect <50% in short term regardless of bits and bobs.

IMHO, if resale value is "the most important thing", then a watch forum like TZ-UK is possibly not the right place to participate. Whatever happened to buying watches because we enjoy owning and wearing them?

Master
    What is the asking price for it?

Has it been serviced? IIRC did the dot dial 233 not have an issue with the power reserve indicator "sticking", personally i'd want to know if that had been addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by mouldie View Post
    One for the forum experts hopefully? I’ve been offered a 2007 dot dial 233 that isn’t complete. No cardboard box, rubber strap missing. How does being incomplete affect resale value? Worst case, what would a loose 233 in good condition sell for?
    Thanks in advance!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    IMHO, if resale value is "the most important thing", then a watch forum like TZ-UK is possibly not the right place to participate. Whatever happened to buying watches because we enjoy owning and wearing them?
    On the contrary, TZ is the place (unfortunately).

If you like the watch buy it! You can always buy a rubber strap later. and forget about the cardboard box.

It’s up at £5.5k. Serviced by them but not aware of an official ‘Panerai service’ at any point in its life. So I’d have to factor that in.

I’m aware of the sticking issue, thanks for highlighting though, but assumed if it’s not doing it after 10 years then it probably won’t. Fair assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    What is the asking price for it?

Has it been serviced? IIRC did the dot dial 233 not have an issue with the power reserve indicator "sticking", personally i'd want to know if that had been addressed.

Master
    Just as an example I was looking at one last week, last of the dot dials, triple boxed, all papers and complete, both original straps and a Panerai service in 2016 with the relevant receipt and the seller was looking £5750. Now TBH I thought that was a decent price.................I thought about it too long though!!

Yep i think you're right, if its not sticking after 10yrs fair chance it won't!!

Quote Originally Posted by mouldie View Post
    It’s up at £5.5k. Serviced by them but not aware of an official ‘Panerai service’ at any point in its life. So I’d have to factor that in.

I’m aware of the sticking issue, thanks for highlighting though, but assumed if it’s not doing it after 10 years then it probably won’t. Fair assumption?

Really, thought it would depend on the model, my 560 (one of the last sandwich dials produced) newer in-house 8day movement, was picked up for £4k (2yrs old 2nd hand) last year and I still see these listed for more, think I could get close to what I paid if I were to ever sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app