closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How much!?

How much!?

I think that the world has gone mad, either that or watch makers have brain washed more people than I thought possible.
    The reason that I think this is that I have seen Casio digital watches advertised on this and other watch forums, , for indecent sums.
    £400?
    £500?
    Try £1,100 for A Casio Frogman!
    Far from paying such sums of money I would require payment before one of those monstrosities ever sullied my wrist.
    I'm just a very naughty boy.

Good deals with- VINSTINK, kevkojak, Optimum, Omegary, seikoking, acg, SPEEDY, kfman, Card Shark, wajhart, Jot, danboy, zenomega, gaz64, minke, Mal52, Alas, norfolkngood, Sparky, rdwiow, mrteatime, gravedodger, joeytheghost, lordoftheflies, Silver Hawk, Filterlab, brooksy, marmisto, Fray Bentos, Bootsy, Harvey69, Mantisgb, bristolboozer, Jedadiah, newtohorology, Zephod, jimm1, Draygo, Raptor.

I may have forgot one or two, apppologies.

Ok thanks for letting us know.

There is a huge worldwide collectors market for G Shocks.

In the last couple of months I sold one for £1100 to someone in Australia and one for £900 to someone in Thailand.

It is not only the Swiss who can manipulate the market to create demand.

Here is a Murakami Frogman for you, a snip at £12,000!

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/292564567

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch; 16th July 2018 at 15:39.

There are quite a few types of watches like this. Rarer swatches fit in the same category. I suppose it's all driven by demand from the collectors and as one of the upper tier options gets too expensive, people look for something else. This seems to have happened with various types of military watches. Remember it's not that long ago that milsubs were cheaper than regular subs because they had been sullied by a rough life. Now there's a lot of people buying quartz military watches for substantial sums.

You could say the same about £6000 or more for a mass-produced steel watch. Manufacturers charge as much as people will pay.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. An annoying saying but always very true

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    There is a huge worldwide collectors market for G Shocks.

In the last couple of months I sold one for £1100 to someone in Australia and one for £900 to someone in Thailand.

It is not only the Swiss who can manipulate the market to create demand.

Here is a Murakami Frogman for you, a snip at £12,000!

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/292564567

Mitch
    Google says £120,000.

Some people really must be stupid .

More money than sense?

I have a stainless steel Caio digital circa 1988, I will put it on Sales Corner for a grand.
    Last edited by luddite; 16th July 2018 at 16:24.

Good deals with- VINSTINK, kevkojak, Optimum, Omegary, seikoking, acg, SPEEDY, kfman, Card Shark, wajhart, Jot, danboy, zenomega, gaz64, minke, Mal52, Alas, norfolkngood, Sparky, rdwiow, mrteatime, gravedodger, joeytheghost, lordoftheflies, Silver Hawk, Filterlab, brooksy, marmisto, Fray Bentos, Bootsy, Harvey69, Mantisgb, bristolboozer, Jedadiah, newtohorology, Zephod, jimm1, Draygo, Raptor.

You need to get over to the G Shock thread and let them know your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    You need to get over to the G Shock thread and let them know your thoughts
    Been there, done that.

Isn't price subjective though. If value for money was the name of the game wouldn't we all be wearing £9.99 watches from Amazon or Argos. I don't subscribe to the 'more money than sense' logic or that 'people are stupid'. People buy what they want to buy and if they can afford it then good luck to them.

Craftsman
    A fool and their money are easily parted.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    If you bought the Omega Speedmaster Ultraboy, you have the privilege of paying three one grand Casio's on top of the already overpriced regular Speedmaster Pro price.

I am laughing my ass off as I bought myself a 105.003 under a grand a couple of years ago. I think that is decent value for a 1965 cal. 321... The moment I ever decide to sell it I will absolutely try and get as much cash out of it as possible.

Blog Entries
    I’ve seen digital watches from other brands on the market for 12K MRP. They may become collectors pieces as I can’t imagine too many being sold.

Same could be said of many luxury items.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I’ve seen digital watches from other brands on the market for 12K MRP. They may become collectors pieces as I can’t imagine too many being sold.

Same could be said of many luxury items.
    Often, these now rare and valuable pieces weren't loved when new.

The Rolex Daytona for instance. Too expensive and not liked when new. Many weren't sold until years later...

Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    Battered old Rolex springs to mind.