closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Weather forecast

Weather forecast

Like most people with a garden, I've been checking the forecasts.
    Up until yesterday we were predicted a decent shower of rain next weekend.
    Now, no rain for the next two weeks, and two weeks of solidly increasing more scorchio.
    How long can we hold out? More specifically, how long can my lawn hold out?
    No hosepipe bans yet, but these surely must be in the offing?

I love the weather, i think it's the best summer i remember having. So I'm not moaning. Just worried about the lawn. Rgds bignose Dave
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

According to Poula Fisch, we are still in for a long hot summer. Better get the hosepipe out while you can.

As long as I’m putting miles on my motorbike, my lawn can go as brown as it wants. But I have to say I’m also surprised there’s not been a ban.
    Maybe they’ve finally fixed some of those leaky pipes so that our water supplies are lasting the way they should.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    We've had a ban for a few weeks.
    Apparently it applies to all of Northern Ireland except that bloke across the road.

Quote Originally Posted by cad monkey View Post
    We've had a ban for a few weeks.
    Apparently it applies to all of Northern Ireland except that bloke across the road.
    Yeah but he REALLY needs to use his hose.

Master
    My lawn is already dead as a dodo. But to be fair it was so full of weeds I’m hoping this heat takes them out too!

Blog Entries
    I just happen to notice that the only green spots in brown lawn are... weed patches!

Same here. Clover and dandelions love the drought. As I've noted before, I'm heartily sick of the heat.

the more it rains, the more mowing I have to do. I'm fine with the grass staying where it is at the moment...

Craftsman
    100% agree.
    One of the best things about this spectacular (so far) Summer. Is not having to mow the lawn.

Master
    Love the weather.
    Can wear my holiday shorts and vest when out and about!!!

It’s certainly required a wardrobe rethink. Up to London for a day out in deckies, shorts and a shirt? Lovely. Normally, better wear shoes “in case it rains”, take a fleece “for outside”, take a waterproof “in case it rains”, take etc etc etc.

One year we walked to the Bournemouth air show at the end of August with hot soup in a flask and full waterproofs ha ha!

I love it (now I’ve a little less work to do outside).

Weather forecast

Here comes the ban! Better late than never.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44850128

Quote Originally Posted by Claret67 View Post
    Love the weather.
    Can wear my holiday shorts and vest when out and about!!!
    Men in vests and flip-flops - yuk!

Thunder and lightning here last night for about 6 hours, plenty of water dumped on the lawns, sure I can see the stuff growing in front of me lol...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Fishing last night and it rained for 15mins or so.

The front garden looks like it’s needs harvesting not mowing!

Not had any rain since the end of May here in SE19, the pavements are covered in yellow/green tree crap as nothing has washed it away. And my loft hatch has seized shut?!
    Starting to get used to it now so it’s not bothering me that much. The lawn is a communal garden so it’s somebody else’s problem.

My lawn has had it so many cracks...its looks like fracking is taking place. No hose pipe ban as yet My golf course looks like the Bonneville salt flats.

In Finland well north of the Arctic Circle. It’s absolutely scorchio! So many hours of sunshine. Shorts and tee shirts, the thick socks, boots, thermals, fleece, Goretex that I packed aren’t getting much use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Not had a drop of rain here in West Sussex since May. Being on a water meeter is costing me a fortune keeping our newly panted (March) confer hedge alive!

Craftsman
    The lawn is toast but the upside is that I haven't had to cut it every week.

The weather over the last couple of months has been perfect for us boaters, I had a lovely trip from Portland Harbour to Woodbarrow Bay via Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove on Friday. We spent a few hours either side of lunch sunbathing and swimming. We could have been on a Greek Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Culminator View Post
    Not had a drop of rain here in West Sussex since May. Being on a water meeter is costing me a fortune keeping our newly panted (March) confer hedge alive!
    Coming up to our seventh week here in E. Anglia without a single drop of rain.
    Still loving the weather, but there's a reason why i want the garden to look its best in August and i just don't think this is going to happen.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Well, if we insist on throwing it away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-448...h-west-england

Bloody ridiculous, reservoirs all over the place and we haven't enough because the water company wastes it. Wouldn't mind but they have been digging up roads around here for the last three years and caused massive disruption.

Master
    Grass is brown but the weeds are still green, which is great as it makes them stand out and I can easily target them with weed killer
    And remember the grass isn’t dead and it will soon green up again after a few weeks of rain.

Master
    We've had a few days of rain lately to stock up the lochs but nothing like normal.

I'm loving it, my gardener is hating it. He usually does the grass and a bit of weeding at a few houses on the street every 2 weeks but nothing is growing. Ideal weather.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk