closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me go veggie!!

If you like Indian, Thai, Malaysian etc cousine start introducing more and more vegetarian dishes/curries and salads (if you ok with fish and prawns it's even easier) into your menu, they are awesome and you won't miss meat whatsoever. Also, unless it's a requirement do not give up on meat abruptly, try to phase it out with veggie stuff gradually, and if you would fancy a steak or a nice juicy burger at any point just go for it, otherwise you'll think that you're missing meat and start having cravings.
    Last edited by VDG; 16th July 2018 at 22:24.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

If you fancy a steak or a nice juicy burger then you are missing meat...

Just sayin'.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    I'm a huge carnivore, but Mrs K makes a blinding chickpea curry and also a cauliflower and broccoli curry. They are very nice alternatives.
    +1 I'm an out and out carnivore too but I do enjoy a really nice mushroom curry. Proper.

To be honest, I'd say picking out the veggie ones in the curry thread is where I'd start.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Journeyman
    think about herbs and spices to create tasty dishes. especially to pimp up beans pulses - look at using different ways with veg such as cauliflower rice etc.
    as previouly statred curries are a good place to start = we like vietnamese salads as well

According to the latest e-mail from Waitrose, people who want to eat less meat are flexitarians. Never seen that word before.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Al. These are the boss dogs. Only meat substitute that's actually nicer than actual bits of dead animals.

Special mention to the tofu block.

Pricey but well worth looking out for

Love you long time

Davey boy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I will definitely look out for these? Not seen them in the UK?

As for cooking, yes, quorn/soya protein etc, yes, use them. It's in the preparation and having good basic cooking skills: use fresh herbs from the garden for your pasta sauce, fry your spices in sesame oil gently before adding your quorn / tofu and vegetables. Thats what will will really bring out the flavour.

Incidentally, tesco's meat free sausage rolls are yummy too. My son loves them!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    think about herbs and spices to create tasty dishes. especially to pimp up beans pulses - look at using different ways with veg such as cauliflower rice etc.
    as previouly statred curries are a good place to start = we like vietnamese salads as well
    One of our favourite salads is som tam, green papaya salad and its variations. I'm not familiar with Vietnamese cuisine, if you do not mind sharing, what Vetnamese salads would you recommend? TIA
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

^ gary, my nearest waitrose have them. also available at local independent health food store in my nearest city.

those hot dogs are the dogs b)ll()cks

( although not literally of course, because then they would not be vegetarian)
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    Once you've ignored the sickening website name and all the drivel leading up to the actual recipe, this is a cracking dish.

https://pinchofyum.com/rainbow-veget...nuts-and-basil

I don't have a spiraliser so just loosely chop things, and my vegetarian girlfriend turns a blind eye to the fish sauce but maybe you can find a substitute if that's an issue.