closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: You never actually own a Citizen...

You never actually own a Citizen...

My 10 year old has started getting into watches (not sure where he gets it from) and was going through my watch drawer and to my surprise he picks out my old Citizen.

Now this has got to be over 25 years old and IIMG_1259.jpgIMG_1260.jpg don't think I've ever changed the battery.

Took it to the jewellers to change the battery and he was amazed by the condition.

No leakage and started working straight away. Certainly don't make them like they used to!

Photos

IMG_1259.jpgIMG_1260.jpg

Not sure if these photos are any better

Craftsman
    This is the rather cool Citizen 6850 movement. Make sure you download the manual and set up the watch properly (the hands need to be zeroed after a battery change), and I'm sure your son will have a great deal of fun with a 60-minute stopwatch, a 60-minute countdown timer, two alarms, a 2nd time zone and an annual calendar - all with a rather cool show of dancing hands!

Master
    You should be proud...a 10 year old with excellent taste!!!!

Good watches. I also started with Citizens back in the 1980s and until recently I had graduated to a JDM Citizen Chronomaster HEQ CTQ57-0953 which I sold on a whim and regret it to this day.

I also owned other JDM sub $1500 Citizen Eco-Drives which were excellent and a cut above the US catalog models found in shopping malls.

Quote Originally Posted by lasz View Post
    This is the rather cool Citizen 6850 movement. Make sure you download the manual and set up the watch properly (the hands need to be zeroed after a battery change), and I'm sure your son will have a great deal of fun with a 60-minute stopwatch, a 60-minute countdown timer, two alarms, a 2nd time zone and an annual calendar - all with a rather cool show of dancing hands!
    Thanks, had to google the movement as I couldn't remember how to set everything and the hands were all over the place.

He is indeed enjoying the dancing hands

TBH was just pleased he could tell the time - clearly just needed the right incentive!

He's also after my G-Shock....