closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help needed dating Baume & Mercier

Help needed dating Baume & Mercier

This was an acquisition from eBay earlier this year - a Baume & Mercier dating, I presume, from the 1970's.

From the case back it appears to be model reference 1720 and serial number 494447, powered by Baume's 17001 movement which I understand to be a version of the Peseux/ETA 7001. It is manual wind with no second hand.

Small by today's standards, it actually sits very comfortably on the wrist. It would look good nestled under the cuff of a marcella shirt.

Unfortunately the stem appears to have seized, but other than that it looks to be in good condition with a freely moving balance. An overhaul and service would definitely appear to be in order, as parts seem to be readily available.

The movement (or at least the Peseux 7001) seems to be well regarded, but any thoughts or experiences would be welcome.

Perhaps someone more experienced on here might also be able to more accurately date the watch? I had a search for a serial database for Baume & Mercier but haven't come across one so far.

No B&M (not S&M!) expertise here?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app