closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What projects do you have on the go or waiting to be sorted?

What projects do you have on the go or waiting to be sorted?

I usually have two or three project watches sitting in my spares boxes but I'm now down to one (bar a couple of large Omega stopwatches - one a rattrapante - I don't think I'll ever do anything with). Here's mine, an eBay buy from a few years ago. It's off for service after two or three currently out being worked on are back. What projects do you have on the go or waiting to be sorted?

"A man of little significance"

I don’t think I have anything waiting to be fixed at the moment, that’s a lovely chrono, the large pushers look great.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've got a custom built chronograph project that's trundled along for years. Also a Seiko mod that needs finishing. A combination of being busy and being lazy means progress is slow!

Got a monorail/abandoned volcano island project on the go, it’s tied into my super laser and space mirror project but I just can’t seem to get them off the ground.

Otherwise I have the whole “working for myself” project on the go but dont really have the time to advance it beyond rough sketching and pipe dreams stage sadly. Got a number of ideas and research but not sure if they’re really winners or just adding to a crowded market space.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I usually have two or three project watches sitting in my spares boxes but I'm now down to one (bar a couple of large Omega stopwatches - one a rattrapante - I don't think I'll ever do anything with). Here's mine, an eBay buy from a few years ago. It's off for service after two or three currently out being worked on are back. What projects do you have on the go or waiting to be sorted?

Lovely looking watch - which make / model is that?

Quote Originally Posted by jwillans View Post
    Lovely looking watch - which make / model is that?
    No idea! I can't find anything on H Kaufmann. Probably a Valjoux movement inside, I can't remember. I bought it because I liked the dial and hands and because I couldn't afford a Carrera. I think it's a plated case but it doesn't bother me, by the time it's serviced it won't have cost more than about £500-£600.

I have a couple of Roamer's away with Duncan at the moment. Finding one that was issued to the Rhodesian army was a long time goal and to finally have one fills a gap in the collection.
    There is also a Willis jeep that is in constant need of fettling. I have a job list as long as my arm and it's not getting any smaller

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I am currently "doing" the garden, loading some .410 shells and making knifes out of old files.

mike

Need to go through backlog of the emails and clean my inbox
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Clutch on the Noble, cam follower on the Renault

Blog Entries
    Currently in the process of doing another custom Speedie. It's been a few years since the last and I've been stockpiling the parts for a while, now have all bits I need, apart from a Speedie

Blog Entries
    bought a very old house, lots too do!

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    I am currently "doing" the garden, loading some .410 shells and making knifes out of old files.

mike
    Always fancied doing that, the knife thing, proper old steel like that must make a great knife.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Always fancied doing that, the knife thing, proper old steel like that must make a great knife.
    Will keep you posted jase.

Please do Mike.
    Cheers..
    Jase

I have a prs53 case and a movement. Need dial and hands, thinking of going quartz but worried it might be sacrilege.

Have about five kitchen knife blades I made before kids were born, all hardened and that just need handles and have been that way for five years!

Have leather for making some belts or strops but no leather work tools.

Have a disc sander with 3ph variable frequency drive, unfinished for the want of a 14/19mm shaft adaptor. I'm stuck because I'm baulking at paying £9 shipping for a £9 part.

In the credits column I finally had the movement tried in my Soho RAF 2nd Gen by Duncan.
    Last edited by ernestrome; 15th July 2018 at 21:06.

Craftsman
    Need to spend some time on this. Sat doing nothing last year while I was working away and a house move since I got back has delayed things again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottd View Post
    Need to spend some time on this. Sat doing nothing last year while I was working away and a house move since I got back has delayed things again.

What car is that??? Is it a Lancia? Looks very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfm6EvoE7FA

Not a project as such, but I need to find someone who can clean up the dial on my 806 - I know a lot of people would leave it as-is but I wouldn't mind the outer track being a little bit cleaner. Not 100% sure where I'm going to send it, though, so suggestions welcome.

Last edited by learningtofly; 17th July 2018 at 10:27.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Not a project as such, but I need to find someone who can clean up the dial on my 806 - I know a lot of people would leave it as-is but I wouldn't ind the outer track being a little bit cleaner. Not 100% sure where I'm going to send it, though, so suggestions welcome.

Simon Freese would be a very good place to start. I've seen some nice work from Abel Court too.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Simon Freese would be a very good place to start. I've seen some nice work from Abel Court too.
    Thanks Simon. I'm not sure that it warrants the kind of cost that I'd associate with Abel, but I'll drop Simon Freese a line.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Thanks Simon. I'm not sure that it warrants the kind of cost that I'd associate with Abel, but I'll drop Simon Freese a line.
    It does cost a fair amount to get the dial to and back from him, once you've had someone remove it from the watch.

Craftsman
    Nothing watch related... These two, below, are constantly chewing my money away... New kitchen, porch, and driveway being requested by SWMBO.. I never seem 'not' to have a project, or three on the go...

Master
    A whole house to render and plaster for my daughter
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Triumph Stag. Styled by an Italian but built by BL's finest.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Have you ever watched Forged In Fire?
    If you haven't, do!

Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    I have a prs53 case and a movement. Need dial and hands, thinking of going quartz but worried it might be sacrilege.

Have about five kitchen knife blades I made before kids were born, all hardened and that just need handles and have been that way for five years!

Have leather for making some belts or strops but no leather work tools.

Have a disc sander with 3ph variable frequency drive, unfinished for the want of a 14/19mm shaft adaptor. I'm stuck because I'm baulking at paying £9 shipping for a £9 part.

In the credits column I finally had the movement tried in my Soho RAF 2nd Gen by Duncan.
    I just gave Eddie a dial I found in my project box, he said it was from a PRS53, might be worth giving him a call.

gadget

Currently photographing dragonflies using an ancient 50 years young Novoflex 600mm lens fitted with a 2x extender … on a Novoflex follow focus mount with built-in bellows

… and pre-focusing in dragonfly’s likely flight path before it takes off … in the hope of photographing it in flight …

… no autofocus … completely manual focus via the mount's spring loaded 'squeeze trigger' mechanism. This specimen had been busy ovipositing into floating pond plants and there was a 25% (ish) chance it would decide to fly in the anticipated direction … Patience eventually paid off and with camera drive set to 'continuous', eventually managed several consecutive exposures showing Female Emperor Dragonfly 'in flight' from a distance of approx 4 metres.

dunk
    Last edited by sundial; 18th July 2018 at 01:56.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

My Porsche 993

I took it off the road for 2 1/2 years (no real reason) so it needed recommissioning. That turned into deciding to respray it, replace a lot of stuff, new brakes, wheels, tyres etc etx and hopefully about a month away from driving it again - hopefully!

Last edited by Bootsy; 18th July 2018 at 07:01.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottd View Post
    Triumph Stag. Styled by an Italian but built by BL's finest.

Ah, very cool. Always liked those. How far along are you from being able to drive it??

Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    I just gave Eddie a dial I found in my project box, he said it was from a PRS53, might be worth giving him a call.

gadget
    I will do, thanks very much.