closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thoughts, please, on a vintage Seamaster chrono value

Thoughts, please, on a vintage Seamaster chrono value

A quick post here.

can you have a look at these photos?

Just been serviced by the son of the original owner, and

The thing is me and my brother have to decide who gets to keep it. We have decided to flip a coin for it and the winner gets to keep the watch but has to pay half of the price of the watch to the loser. We've determined that the watch is worth about 3500€ but that's based on only 1 or 2 listings we found online.
    Any thoughts on value? Thanks, hive-mind!

Master
    A mid 60s Seamaster with a 321 movement. Looks to be in really nice condition for its age. These are very nice watches but not as sought after as a Speedmaster of the same age. I would think that your suggested value is not far off the mark, for an example in this condition. Many will have degraded dials and well worn cases. This one is well above average. However, I would suggest that you raise the same question on the omegaforums.net, where you will get well informed advice.

Grand Master
    If the dial's original or a genuine Omega replacement, the hands are in nice condition, and the case edges are still good, it's definitely one to buy and I`d be interested myself! Not sure about the prices, off the top of my head I`d say around £2500 but the sharpness of the watch and the fresh service are strong pluses. As regards the service work I`d ask who's done it and what's been done, 'service' can mean all things to all men. Ideally the seals in the pushers and the crown should've had attention to keep the watch waterproof, that's a 'must' in my view.

Far nicer than a Speedmaster from that era, you can still buy a new Speedmaster that's almost identical to the 60s models......but you can`t buy a new equivalent of this watch! Absolute class, it looks superb to me, the size is a big plus to me too.

It's one of those watches where I wouldn't be too bothered if I paid a bit over the odds, nice ones are so hard to find thesedays.

Whatever it's monetary value, it looks stunning. Lucky lads

Hi Walter

Any more pictures ?

Close up of the dial and movement would be good....

You might want to review this link....lots of examples: https://omegaforums.net/threads/not-...masters.22332/

Best - Neil
    Last edited by flame; 27th November 2018 at 18:23.

That's a really useful link, thank you, Neil. I've no more pictures, sadly, but I'll share the information on the other forum where I encountered this! Thank you all!

Master
    That's lovely.
    I'd like to see some more photos close up if that's possible please.

I had the Lemania BBC-issued equivalent of this a while back, lovely watch.
    But the thing against them is that they are only a smidge over 34mm, and whilst smaller watches are gaining in popularity, I think that under 35mm is stretching the point a little.
    I only got my Lemania because someone else, who had bought it from the original owner, sent it back again because it was "too small".
    And that really does affect value.
    It is likely that the owners may be referring to relatively optimistic Chrono24 listings for price.
    I sold my BBC one for £1000 in Feb 2017, definitely a forum price.

I reckon you could sell that all day for £2000, and would struggle for a long time at £3000, so I would guess somewhere close to the former than the latter.

Dave