closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Playing with Forstner Bracelets

Playing with Forstner Bracelets

So I took the plunge on a couple of Forstner bracelets.

First up was the Komfit JB for my Speedy Sapphire. Originally I didn’t really like the look of these at first but over time the design and look have grown on me. Also the history adds to the whole package of course. I went with the version with the horned end links which are sprung and so will fit smaller lungs than the standard 20mm. Build quality is good for the cost but a long way from the OEM bracelet but it is very comfortable. One word of advice please watch the instruction videos as it took this numbskull a while to work out how the bracelet closed!

The second was the 19mm Flat link bracelet for my CK2998. I have wanted a bracelet for this model since the watch was released. This one is polished with brushed centre links. It comes with separate end links and so you can just buy different end links to fit different lug widths without needing to buy another full bracelet. Nice idea. The bracelet is again not up to the build quality or weight of an Omega bracelet but the look is excellent even if there are some gaps between links and the end links are below the lug height. The bracelet does have 5 levels of micro adjustment on the clasp and the first 3 links are expandable. So getting a good fit is easy.

All in all, I am very pleased with these and they give me more options to play with the look of my watches. Overall, I would say these offer good value for money.

Blog Entries
    Like the second one in particular, looks great on that watch.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Well done for posting this a day late . I'm really rather keen to see how both of those look on a UG Monodatic with 19mm lugs so as soon as we can get access to Bahadur again we can organise that.

I think they both look excellent, by the way.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Well done for posting this a day late . I'm really rather keen to see how both of those look on a UG Monodatic with 19mm lugs so as soon as we can get access to Bahadur again we can organise that.

I think they both look excellent, by the way.
    Ha ha, only arrived this morning. Sorry.

I have to say I ordered on 23rd. So very impressed with the delivery time from the US during the holidays.

Will bring both next time.

Excellent. I have a very vague preference for the Uncle Seiko just because it has U on the clasp but the important thing is to find out about the lug-endlink fit.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure about the horned end-links - maybe that's me. So yes - the second looks a good! All the best. Martyn

Craftsman
    Thanks for posting, I’ve been looking out for someone who had tried the flat link version out. You’ve convinced me to go ahead and buy one of their bracelets. Appreciate the info.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Excellent. I have a very vague preference for the Uncle Seiko just because it has U on the clasp but the important thing is to find out about the lug-endlink fit.
    I was bouncing between the two as well. So get the uncle Seiko and we can compare. It’s cheaper as well!

Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    Thanks for posting, I’ve been looking out for someone who had tried the flat link version out. You’ve convinced me to go ahead and buy one of their bracelets. Appreciate the info.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Thanks, you are welcome. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions that I may be able to help with.

I don’t like where the clasp is sitting under your wrist on both. Presumably the second can be corrected with link placement? I like a centred clasp.

Overall, the first is proper marmite, but the second looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I don’t like where the clasp is sitting under your wrist on both. Presumably the second can be corrected with link placement? I like a centred clasp.

Overall, the first is proper marmite, but the second looks good.
    The clasp on the second is opposite the watch head and sits in the middle of my wrist. It’s just the angled to show more of the bracelet than my fully twisted wrist!

The first is not possible to centre the clasp as there are no links and the clasp slides to tighten and then is hooked over the bar. So unless you have a massive wrist! I agree it is marmite, I didn’t like them when I first saw one but it did grow on me.