closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is this a good deal for a new Honda Civic?

Is this a good deal for a new Honda Civic?

I know there are few experienced car leasing people on here so I'm after a bit of advice please!

My local Honda dealer has just had a VIP event and we went along today. I've was offered a brand new Honda Civic 1.0 VTEC Turbo SR with the CVT transmission (I'm a lazy driver nowadays) in a nice metallic colour including 12k miles/year, a 5 year service pack, mats and Supaguard treatment for a £1000 deposit and c.£300/month on a PCP. I test drove the car and liked it and it will certainly be more economical than my 3.0 V6 Accord!

Is this a good offer? I know that PCH deals are a bit cheaper but is this good for a PCP?

If this is not a good offer and I was to go back tomorrow and haggle a bit more, what do you think would be a better deal realistically?

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    I know there are few experienced car leasing people on here so I'm after a bit of advice please!

My local Honda dealer has just had a VIP event and we went along today. I've was offered a brand new Honda Civic 1.0 VTEC Turbo SR with the CVT transmission (I'm a lazy driver nowadays) in a nice metallic colour including 12k miles/year, a 5 year service pack, mats and Supaguard treatment for a £1000 deposit and c.£300/month on a PCP. I test drove the car and liked it and it will certainly be more economical than my 3.0 V6 Accord!

Is this a good offer? I know that PCH deals are a bit cheaper but is this good for a PCP?

If this is not a good offer and I was to go back tomorrow and haggle a bit more, what do you think would be a better deal realistically?
    How long is the deal over?

What is the final value/balloon payment?

I'll be honest and say those figures seem quite high but without the other info its hard to say.

The Supaguard will be a con as well....

Over how long, and what final payments etc. etc.
    It's just a matter of time...

36 months. Not sure about final payment though. I wouldn't intend on keeping the car.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    36 months. Not sure about final payment though. I wouldn't intend on keeping the car.

You still need to factor this in to determine if the deal is good.

As it stand you'd be paying £11,800 over the term. Seems a lot

What is the actual OTR price?

Ok thanks. Appreciate your advice.

Master
    Have you read the reviews on the 1.0 litre Civic, they are not very complimentary and reckon the 1.5 is the better car. I realise that the latter is more expensive but at similar spec the difference is not as frightening as it first appears.

Personally, I think that these tiny engines are potentially a little too stressed for this size of car, only time will tell. I do love the 1.0 treble in our VW Up but thats a much smaller car.

This is the official offer as it stands, so it doesnt sound a great deal, as I’m sure you’d get better shopping around:

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/offers.html

Plus there is an additional £1000 off test drive incentive, on top of the £750 contribution.
    OTR Price £18,895.00
    Deposit £3,877.79
    Deposit % 30%
    Honda Deposit Contribution £750.00
    Amount of Credit £13,267.21
    36 Monthly Payments (Duration 37 months) £189.00
    Final Payment £8,366.47
    Final Payment inc Option Fee £8,376.47
    Total Amount Payable £20,808.26
    APR Representative 5.9%
    Option to Purchase Fee £10.00
    Annual Contracted Mileage 10,000
    Excess Mileage Charge £0.06
    Interest Rate Per Annum Fixed 5.68%
    It's just a matter of time...

Its also coming up with a hefty discount on Drivethedeal (nearly £5k)

Master
    I would have thought they would be trying to give them away even though being a Honda they will be a good car they have been out a while now compared with the old model I have seen hardly any round my way and we had a Honda dealer in the village

Having done a bit more research this evening, I'm going to give this offer a miss. Thanks for the advice TZ.

Master
    You can lease one for £600 initial payment then 35 X £230 on 10k per year. Which works out at almost £3k cheaper over 3 years. Bit more time searching you could probably get even cheaper.

Could get a nice watch with the £3k I've just saved you.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Master
    Our sales guys sell an alternative to superguard, I buy it in at circa £55 and they charge £199, supposedly guaranteed to mean no need to polish ever again, but, only if the correct products are used after sale, nobody has ever bought replacement wash liquid from me, £199 buys a whole load of polish for the ownership term of the car. So yes in my opinion is it's a con.

Sorry, slightly off topic.