closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another Speedy fake

Craftsman

Another Speedy fake

Many years ago, I purposefully bought a speedy fake in some far flung Asian market (Bangkok I think) purely to see if I liked the general look and size on my wrist. I never had the cheek to ever wear the watch in public again and it languished in the bottom of a drawer.

Just having a sort out and thought you might be interested in a side by side. The two buttons move the day date wheels. It's an auto movement, with winder and hacking. The bracelet is a bit cheap and nasty but the watch weighs almost the same as a speedy (130 vs 150g). Cost less than £30 from memory.

Which one's the fake?

Master
    Prefer the fake's indices.... ;-P

Hehe you should run a poll A for LEFT , B for RIGHT

Turn the bottom register into a month, and you'd have a really rather lovely triple date.

Craftsman
    Here are some more close ups and comparisons for you:

Master
    I'm actually thinking of doing a similar thing. Might buy an Alpha chronograph homage of the Speedy just to see if I actually like the style when on the wrist. Been looking at the Speedy for a while now but still not sure so thought this might be the way to test it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by broxie View Post

Is that next months Speedy Tuesday?

They've put the 'chrono'(!!!) pushers on back to front... but not bad really for 30 quid, if you're into fakes.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsdad View Post
    They've put the 'chrono'(!!!) pushers on back to front... but not bad really for 30 quid, if you're into fakes.
    The fatter sleeve on the fake is fixed to the case and the button slides in and out of that. On the genuine watch the skinny sleeve is fixed and the wider button moves over the top of the thin sleeve.

Even if the fake had no aspirations to copy Omega, it was still an automatic watch that still works for about the same as a Swatch!

Master
    'MANNED SPACE MISSONS'

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    I'm actually thinking of doing a similar thing. Might buy an Alpha chronograph homage of the Speedy just to see if I actually like the style when on the wrist. Been looking at the Speedy for a while now but still not sure so thought this might be the way to test it.
    That's what I did.

I think that the Alpha is actually quite a good watch. It has a Seagull movement and is impressive value.

And at least it says Alpha on the dial!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    That's what I did.

I think that the Alpha is actually quite a good watch. It has a Seagull movement and is impressive value.

And at least it says Alpha on the dial!
    Yea think I'm going to go for it to test the water. I've quite large wrists which is why I bought the large Planet Ocean (which I love) but really need to try the Speedy.

For a watch that's been languishing in a drawer, there's plenty of $hite and wabi on it....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    For a watch that's been languishing in a drawer, there's plenty of $hite and wabi on it....
    Amazing what sweat will do stored away. I opened my bread bin today, couldn't even toast it and scrape it!

I just showed the top photo to my girlfriend and asked her which one was fake, after examining it for a good 30 seconds, she got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by broxie View Post
    Amazing what sweat will do stored away. I opened my bread bin today, couldn't even toast it and scrape it!
    The green bits, the body needs. You should have just woofed it and boosted your immune system