closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BLNR in the window - is that rare?

BLNR in the window - is that rare?

Just popped into an AD in Spain and they have a new BLNR At list (€8250)

Is that not a model that should be snapped up immediately??

I wanted the new GMT but my wife prefers the Blue/Black. (They don’t have a new GMT by the way)

Master
    Yes it should be snapped up immediately.

Craftsman
    Yes, it's quite hard to get at the moment and it's a nice watch to live with, a bit different to most that you see.

Master
    Get back in there!

They are really great watches. Much better in person that in pictures in my opinion.

Master
    Buy it. I did the same in Madeira in Easter, paid Euro list which is about £7.5k. Its not a risk if you don't bond with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Just popped into an AD in Spain and they have a new BLNR At list (€8250)

Is that not a model that should be snapped up immediately??
    Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

Get yourself back into that AD and throw down your debit card onto the counter and buy it before someone else.

Feel free to PM the name of the AD so I can go and buy it for me :)

Blog Entries
    That is a BUY!!!

As said - get it bought...

... unless it's already reserved and just on display to draw customers in - a sneaky, but not unheard of, AD move if other threads are to be observed.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    As said - get it bought...

... unless it's already reserved and just on display to draw customers in - a sneaky, but not unheard of, AD move if other threads are to be observed.
    Dealers can be sneaky? Now I'm just disappointed in them. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Dealers can be sneaky? Now I'm just disappointed in them. ;-)
    Haha! Don't be disappointed - if you're daft enough to put your head in a crocodiles mouth it's in the animals nature to bite you. :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    Haha! Don't be disappointed - if you're daft enough to put your head in a crocodiles mouth it's in the animals nature to bite you. :)
    That reminds me of a joke, but it's too rude to tell.

...more importantly OP, did you go back and buy it?

Its a long way to go back to get the warranty card in a years time!
    Or are Spanish ADs not as weird as ours?
    Cheers..
    Jase

In Italy last year, on one of the lakes, I walked into a Rolex AD and asked if they had a ceramic SS Daytona. The answer was, of course, no (but in Italian )

...however, they were quick to offer a BLNR, DSSD D-Blue and all the Sub options.

It would appear they either get better stock than the U.K. or there is less demand?

They were quite surprised when I said that in the UK some dealers keep the warranty card!

It seems they can get a BLNR for you “within a month” if you want one.

The watch was on my wrist, sized perfectly and ready to go. I decided to take my wife for a coffee, while we decided if it was a watch I really wanted and had a snaky read of your messages on here, to make sure it was a no brainier. (I’ve been out of the loop for a while when it comes to new BLNRs) ......went back to buy it and the place had shut 5 mins earlier for their siesta! FFS!!

Sadly, hanging about for 3 hours in San Sebastián would have meant missing the England game at the Chateau we’re now staying at to the north of Bordeaux.

Oh well, you live and learn! Apparently people take a dim view of profiteering on here anyway.

Free trip to San Seb for anyone that cares to call them and reserve it!!

Master
    He who hesitates....

Recently, an AD I have dealt with in the past had a 126600 for a few weeks in their window that was awaiting collection.

Maybe it was a similar case.

I was in Fuerteventura at Easter and one of the stores in my resort had a decent selection so when I enquired about a blnr he said he had one in the following Monday and was happy to reserve it. Sadly I had to fly home before then :(

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    He who hesitates....
    Yep, I think he will regret that one for a while....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AM94 View Post
    In Italy last year, on one of the lakes, I walked into a Rolex AD and asked if they had a ceramic SS Daytona. The answer was, of course, no (but in Italian )

...however, they were quick to offer a BLNR, DSSD D-Blue and all the Sub options.

It would appear they either get better stock than the U.K. or there is less demand?
    Euro RRP is higher England is the cheapest place in Europe to buy Rolex

Craftsman
    Defiantly rare. I never see anything desirable in Brussels

The AD staff will be amazed a Brit walked away from a BLNR in the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    The AD staff will be amazed a Brit walked away from a BLNR in the case.

Not necessarily.

Even if I was purely in it for a profit. It was £7300 by direct fx, so if my card/bank charged a bit more and had a fee on top it may have cost me £7600 quite easily. And what would I have flipped it for on here? Maybe £8k without getting ribbed for profiteering?

That’s not a great banker given that I’d have wanted to wear it a bit and run the risk of whacking it on a gate post and ending up with a recase and £1500 loss.

So I doubt I’ll be regretting it for a minute, let alone a while.

Thought I’ll add....I certainly would have bought it if the bloody place hadn’t closed for a sleep at 13:00!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Not necessarily.

Even if I was purely in it for a profit. It was £7300 by direct fx, so if my card/bank charged a bit more and had a fee on top it may have cost me £7600 quite easily. And what would I have flipped it for on here? Maybe £8k without getting ribbed for profiteering?.
    , on the contrary. I got slated for offering a fully stickered BLNR on SC for £7200. That was bought overseas, at a much higher price than U.K. RRP, plus credit card fees. If you didn’t want it yourself, you will have saved yourself a little SC thread-shitting by the usual suspects.

Craftsman
    Your heart was not in it so no worries at "losing out". If you were into it then you would have bought there and then. Many on here will say "why didn't you buy it" but ignore that.

You can't miss what you don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivor the Engine View Post
    You can't miss what you don't have.
    How else are you going to miss it?

From my local toaster/toys/liquor/sunglasses/toiletries/DIY store, taken today:

BLNR, white Daytona, lots of Sports Rolex. Entirely normal. This is a general chain store. Price in your currency depends on the exchange rate of course, which recently hasn't been good for the pound as discussed ad nauseam. Also note, restricted sales practices (aka "authorised" dealers) are not allowed in Japan. So the market price prevails, whatever it may be.

So Rolex Professional models are plentiful in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    So Rolex Professional models are plentiful in Japan?
    It looks like it but the BLNR is the equivalent of £9k and the Daytona on the top row is £17k!

Watchfinder pricing....

Hold the front page!

Twitcher spots Rolex in Spain, brings local traffic to a halt!
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

are there any official Rolex ADs in Japan or they are all grey market dealers ?

Rolex as a company does it supply Japan ‘officially’ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    .....Also note, restricted sales practices (aka "authorised" dealers) are not allowed in Japan. So the market price prevails, whatever it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWatchGuy View Post
    are there any official Rolex ADs in Japan or they are all grey market dealers ?

Rolex as a company does it supply Japan ‘officially’ ?
    It's a good question and frequently misunderstood by those who accept the common UK practice.

You can buy from a Rolex "authorised" dealer in Japan in which case your guarantee will be backed by Rolex, or from a standard dealer in which case your guarantee will be with that shop. Most of the big bricks-and-mortar dealers in Japan are the latter, for all brands including the high end ones, and have their own servicing departments and access to parts. They would not be called "grey". They are called "shops".

The price is whatever the market will bear, and shops compete on price and service - it is not unusual for a shop to offer a 5, 10 or even 20-year guarantee on a Rolex for example. You take your choice, just like buying a car or a spoon or some other product in the UK. The idea that "only" a manufacturer-authorised outlet is appropriate is not understood. Authorised for what? By whom? And why? Watches are not firearms nor medicine. It is just a restricted sales practice. The Swiss had a go at enforcing this years ago, but were rebuffed in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    The idea that "only" a manufacturer-authorised outlet is appropriate is not understood. Authorised for what? By whom? And why? Watches are not firearms nor medicine. It is just a restricted sales practice. The Swiss had a go at enforcing this years ago, but were rebuffed in court.
    The Japanese have a point.

So in Japan Rolex legally have to supply the greys? Sounds crazy, do they have to supply at the same price as they would charge an AD or can they charge an inflated wholesale price?

Master
    Out of all my watches, BLNR is the only constant in my rotations. If I had to choose one, I think it would be it.