closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: First Spring Drive for me

First Spring Drive for me

This arrived today. First impressions - wrist fit is very good. Shape of case makes it hug my wrist. Lightness, titanium case and bracelet increases wearability. Design - unicorn crown, distinctive, usable and no wrist intrusion, dial is big clear and bold, slim bezel the clearest crystal I've experienced and AR is totally effective. Then there's the sweep of the second hand ..................... nothing like anything I've seen.
    Lovely to look at and wear.
    More to come as relationship develops.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That's errr different

EnJoY

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I LIKE it. Is the GMT hand lumed?

Apprentice
    I was thinking about purchasing the land master as well. It has many great features for a good price. However, I am concerned about case thickness. Any thoughts? Enjoy! It looks great!

It's an awesome watch. Tried one on in Japan when i was trying to decide between it and a SD Tuna.

Master
    A rather lovely watch and not a million miles away from the Seiko Spring Drive Spacewalk which I'd love to own as I worked with Richard Garriott in the early 90's however at $80k and up for the spacewalk, if you can find one, the Landmaster is slightly more attainable...

https://www.fratellowatches.com/seik...-drive-sps005/

Good choice, always wanted to try one those Landmasters.

Height in proportion for me. Case shape keeps watch close to wrist. The GMT hand is lumed around its edge so easy to differentiate in dark. I’m trying a Perlon with it today. Haven’t yet timed it but suspect it’ll “hold its head up”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And the illumination is noticeable

That looks awesome!

Very cool indeed, I’m sure you’ll enjoy that one for some time to come.

Sanjay

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Beautiful - I’ll be sure to get another Spring Drive soon, wonderful engineering fusing the best of mechanical & electronics.
    Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

initially I like the simplicity of the SD dial but now I do enjoy the boldness of the auto

for those who have reservation for the SD movement, they should try to have a piece and enjoy

Last edited by seikomatic; 5th July 2018 at 10:36.

Nice SD.
    I had 2 and very foolishly let them go
    Major massive regret.
    Enjoy.
    Pic below and MM600.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Watch freek View Post
    Nice SD.
    I had 2 and very foolishly let them go
    Major massive regret.
    Enjoy.
    Pic below and MM600.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    I had 4 Anantas, including the GMT Spring Drive pictured above and the GMT SD Chronograph SPS007.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie View Post
    This arrived today. First impressions - wrist fit is very good. Shape of case makes it hug my wrist. Lightness, titanium case and bracelet increases wearability. Design - unicorn crown, distinctive, usable and no wrist intrusion, dial is big clear and bold, slim bezel the clearest crystal I've experienced and AR is totally effective. Then there's the sweep of the second hand ..................... nothing like anything I've seen.
    Lovely to look at and wear.
    More to come as relationship develops.

Id love one of these but cant ever get past the power reserve...

Yes I've heard that comment. It works fine for me-not intrusive.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy_biker View Post
    Id love one of these but cant ever get past the power reserve...
    From the armchair its easy to fixate on stuff. I recommend trying one. My experience is that a week of wearing one and the problem fades into the background.

Then, at times, you find the complication useful and it starts to be valued rather than being an annoyance.

Master
    What's annoying about the power reserve is that it's not needed; the spring-drive mechanism is highly efficient and normal use will keep the watch fully wound. You don't need a special indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    What's annoying about the power reserve is that it's not needed; the spring-drive mechanism is highly efficient and normal use will keep the watch fully wound. You don't need a special indicator.
    Maybe. It does seem to be a Spring Drive movement feature on many models with this movement. So enjoy the movement and compromise. Although my Landmaster has not left my wrist since buying it I can see the advantage of seeing it’s state of charge when picking it up after a period of non use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The PR feature is great, it allows me to wear my GS in a small rotation and know how charged it is. If you're the kind of who likes simplicity and baulks at a date feature then a PR might not be something you want.

I sold my first Spring Drive and have quickly replaced it as there’s nothing quite like it. Once you’ve had one traditional mechanical movements just seem so clunky.
    My SBDB013 says Hi :)

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have few SD..SD 600M, SD tuna LE008, GS diver, GD Landmaster and Ananta SD Chrono 007 and the only concern would be the future maintenance costs so I use them sparely.

Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic View Post
    I have few SD..SD 600M, SD tuna LE008, GS diver, GD Landmaster and Ananta SD Chrono 007 and the only concern would be the future maintenance costs so I use them sparely.
    Not very different to getting a Submariner serviced. In Oz its about $1000 plus parts for a Sub and about $800 plus parts for the GS Diver