closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Which cabrio?

Last year we did a little trip, Casares, Jerez, Seville, Cordoba, Grenada and home, all in the Bikestation Marbella cycle team minibus, only plans this trip are Tarifa and modonna

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ufffff, as good as minibuses are nowadays.... they are not fún. Also rather cumbersome on the local network.

Went up in the mountains early this morning.
    Already have the machine sorted. The village mechanic wanted to do it free of charge but no can do. It may be a friend but it is his livelyhood.

Was weírd btw.:
    Kissed Málaga girl sleeping in bed goodbye.
    Kissed Mountain girl sleepinng in bed goodmorning.

Anyway, the car.
    Mán I love those AD08rs. When still getting up to temp they give clear feedback about where they are. Same thing damp patches; they warn you about the level of grp, do not just let go.
    Their operating range starts nicely low and then...
    Because they give so much confidence and grip, I find the critisism on the 140 bhp increasingly irrelevant. The speeds the conditions/road/surface of the local network allow just about are the cornering speeds. As such I find I do not accelerate a lot and only downhill properly need the anchors.

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Ufffff, as good as minibuses are nowadays.... they are not fún. Also rather cumbersome on the local network.

Went up in the mountains early this morning.
    Already have the machine sorted. The village mechanic wanted to do it free of charge but no can do. It may be a friend but it is his livelyhood.

Was weírd btw.:
    Kissed Málaga girl sleeping in bed goodbye.
    Kissed Mountain girl sleepinng in bed goodmorning.

Anyway, the car.
    Mán I love those AD08rs. When still getting up to temp they give clear feedback about where they are. Same thing damp patches; they warn you about the level of grp, do not just let go.
    Their operating range starts nicely low and then...
    Because they give so much confidence and grip, I find the critisism on the 140 bhp increasingly irrelevant. The speeds the conditions/road/surface of the local network allow just about are the cornering speeds. As such I find I do not accelerate a lot and only downhill properly need the anchors.
    The AD08s are very popular in the MX-5 world.

The only problem is tyres take years to wear out on the MX-5, so it's not a simple case of waiting to change them! I have Michelin Sport Cups or something like that on my car. Great grip all the time, which is a little boring. My Parada 2s were a bit more fun - piles of grip in the dry, none at all in the wet, but you always know exactly where you are with them.
    "A man of little significance"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    but you always know exactly where you are with them.
    Predictability is as important, maybe even more, than lots of grip. Applies to the car too.
    I´d like to say women too but that is too whishful thinking I am affraid.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Life on the sharp edge;

ordered a bl@@dy large rear wing.
    If the gf´s don´t like it, well they don´t háve to sit in the passenger seat but the car goes better balanced with the seat occupied and I still have Córdoba on the list; it is up to them ;D
    Will take two or three weeks for the wing to fly over here so we all have time to sort it ;)

900 hundred miles later and the little roadster is safely back in the UK after being away for 7 years
    I started out at 9:00am and got to the ferry in Holland just before 8 pm
    Next day set off from Hull and drove down to sleepy little village just outside Nottingham to look at
    A Beetle the wifey had seen on the net it will be the first RHD car and first time Driving in the UK for her
    Then it was down to Coventry
    I've also been looking at spoiler's but for the Beetle :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    900 hundred miles later and the little roadster is safely back in the UK after being away for 7 years
    I started out at 9:00am and got to the ferry in Holland just before 8 pm
    Next day set off from Hull and drove down to sleepy little village just outside Nottingham to look at
    A Beetle the wifey had seen on the net it will be the first RHD car and first time Driving in the UK for her
    Then it was down to Coventry
    I've also been looking at spoiler's but for the Beetle :)
    Goooooood morning Coventryyyyy!!!

Man, what a journey. Hope you had a quiet crossing. I always found those more tyring then driving accross the whole of Europe!

Which generation of Beetle is it? You know those all came/come in cabrio too? :-)
    On the beetle, the right wing keeps the rear window a lot cleaner.

RHD is ok when in RHD country with the road structure and all traffic organised that way. She will get the hang of it basically automatically.
    Last edited by Huertecilla; 28th April 2019 at 09:24.

Its just a 2010 facelift silver Beetle with full VW service history and its mint inside and out
    But she wants a spoiler to give it that finishing touch plus tint the rear windows :)
    She is used to driving RHD cars just not in the UK

What is it with you lot and spoilers?!

You would have to ask the wife she wants it its her car ,but in all fairness I always drive Japanese cars and they have to have one its just not right otherwise ;)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Mangaaaaaa!!!!!

What is it with you lot and spoilers?!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

....now, about a lighter flywheel.
    When I need the clutch replaced, might as well have a look at that too.
    Not too keen on the near weightless aftermarket ones.
    Ok, I get it; the enthusiasts look at weight loss per buck and it costs the same to make a 1, 2 or 3 kilos lighter one and gues which one gest sold.
    The issue is that the weight loss is very much mainly at the outside. Good you´d think as that is where it counts the most by fáááár.
    Well, yes, but there is a BUT...
    The lightweight one weighs roughly half that of the OEM one, which means that the effect is several times that in ´flywheel-effect´ and I am not sure I want to have only a quarter/fifth of that.
    Hmmmm..., or rather HMMMM.... Have to think about that.

....now, about a lighter flywheel.
    When I need the clutch replaced, might as well have a look at that too.
    Not too keen on the near weightless aftermarket ones.
    Ok, I get it; the enthusiasts look at weight loss per buck and it costs the same to make a 1, 2 or 3 kilos lighter one and gues which one gest sold.
    The issue is that the weight loss is very much mainly at the outside. Good you´d think as that is where it counts the most by fáááár.
    Well, yes, but there is a BUT...
    The lightweight one weighs roughly half that of the OEM one, which means that the effect is several times that in ´flywheel-effect´ and I am not sure I want to have only a quarter/fifth of that.
    Hmmmm..., or rather HMMMM.... Have to think about that.
    Pick up will improve, but its more likely to stall far very little reason.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Pick up will improve, but its more likely to stall far very little reason.

Yes, the ham question indeed is, how much daily drivability is it worth? Unlike lighter wheels or chucking the spare wheel this doés come with a downside.

Btw. found a neat list:

~OEM Toyota - 16.5 lbs.
    ~OEM Lotus - 13 lbs.
    ~Gripforce (chromoly) - 11.0 lbs.
    ~Blitz Active Clutch (chromoly) - 10.5 lbs.
    ~MWR (forged chromoly) - 10.5 lbs.
    ~Toda (chromoly) - 10.3617 lbs.
    ~MWR (forged chromoly) - 10.2 lbs.
    ~C-One Standard (chromoly) - 9.9208 lbs.
    ~JUN (chromoly) - 9.6998 lbs.
    ~TRD Japan Flywheel (chromoly) - 9.6 lbs.
    ~RPS Cyn-R-G Segmented (aluminum) - 9.5 lbs.
    ~C-One Type-R (chromoly) - 8.8 lbs.
    ~TOM's (chromoly) - 8.03 lbs.
    ~AASCO (aluminum) - 8.0 lbs.
    ~Mueller (aluminum) - 8.0 lbs.
    ~Unorthodox (aluminum) - 8.0 lbs.
    ~Fidanza (aluminum) - 7.5 lbs.

Also applied a bit of mathematics with the gearbox ratios to calculate the equivalent weight loss off the car with a 10 lbs flywheel and it is roughly
    1st 40Kg
    2nd 25kg
    3rd 15kg
    4th 5kg or ... not a lot
    5th 2kg or ... next to nothing

Uphill, I am most of the time in 2nd and 3rd with the odd corner in 1st.
    So, once again, less ís more and it doés make quite a difference, BUT!!!

Yes, the ham question indeed is, how much daily drivability is it worth? Unlike lighter wheels or chucking the spare wheel this doés come with a downside.

Btw. found a neat list:

~OEM Toyota - 16.5 lbs.
    ~OEM Lotus - 13 lbs.
    ~Gripforce (chromoly) - 11.0 lbs.
    ~Blitz Active Clutch (chromoly) - 10.5 lbs.
    ~MWR (forged chromoly) - 10.5 lbs.
    ~Toda (chromoly) - 10.3617 lbs.
    ~MWR (forged chromoly) - 10.2 lbs.
    ~C-One Standard (chromoly) - 9.9208 lbs.
    ~JUN (chromoly) - 9.6998 lbs.
    ~TRD Japan Flywheel (chromoly) - 9.6 lbs.
    ~RPS Cyn-R-G Segmented (aluminum) - 9.5 lbs.
    ~C-One Type-R (chromoly) - 8.8 lbs.
    ~TOM's (chromoly) - 8.03 lbs.
    ~AASCO (aluminum) - 8.0 lbs.
    ~Mueller (aluminum) - 8.0 lbs.
    ~Unorthodox (aluminum) - 8.0 lbs.
    ~Fidanza (aluminum) - 7.5 lbs.

Also applied a bit of mathematics with the gearbox ratios to calculate the equivalent weight loss off the car with a 10 lbs flywheel and it is roughly
    1st 40Kg
    2nd 25kg
    3rd 15kg
    4th 5kg or ... not a lot
    5th 2kg or ... next to nothing

Uphill, I am most of the time in 2nd and 3rd with the odd corner in 1st.
    So, once again, less ís more and it doés make quite a difference, BUT!!!
    I use a 4.5kilo, stock Duratec is over 10kilo in a 1000 kg car

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I use a 4.5kilo, stock Duratec is over 10kilo in a 1000 kg car
    Wow, sóme difference!
    As I wrote, the result with such a difference is at best 20% of flyweel effect remaining because just about all of the weight los was situated near the ouer diameter.

What is are for you the benefits and downsides; in perspective of the use.

Btw. I would be quite happy with an OEM Lotus one at 13 lbs.: 20% lighter, all from the diameter so about half the flywheel-effect and still half the flywheel effect ;-)
    There múst swapped out ones from the Elise S with 1zz be about.

Wow, sóme difference!
    As I wrote, the result with such a difference is at best 20% of flyweel effect remaining because just about all of the weight los was situated near the ouer diameter.

What is are for you the benefits and downsides; in perspective of the use.

Btw. I would be quite happy with an OEM Lotus one at 13 lbs.: 20% lighter, all from the diameter so about half the flywheel-effect and still half the flywheel effect ;-)
    There múst swapped out ones from the Elise S with 1zz be about.
    I don't know about the science of it all but my MX-5 now revs beautifully with its lightened fly, and heel-and-toe downshifts are more fun. An existing problem was it does try to stall when you coast to a halt at a junction or parking, the trick is of course to blip the throttle with the braking foot. The lighter flywheel now makes it a bit easier to stall though. I have a very good plug-and-play aftermarket ECU in my car but one of its weaknesses is something to do with anti-stall at low revs. I didn't really understand the explanation, just that there's nothing yet that can be done about it with that ECU.

I don't know about the science of it all but my MX-5 now revs beautifully with its lightened fly, and heel-and-toe downshifts are more fun. An existing problem was it does try to stall when you coast to a halt at a junction or parking, the trick is of course to blip the throttle with the braking foot. The lighter flywheel now makes it a bit easier to stall though. I have a very good plug-and-play aftermarket ECU in my car but one of its weaknesses is something to do with anti-stall at low revs. I didn't really understand the explanation, just that there's nothing yet that can be done about it with that ECU.
    What ECU is it? provided overrun fuel is on and trimmed correctly it shouldn't stall. its off on my car because it produces long flames.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing the firts hand experience.

Yes, that makes sense.
    This is a bit of an issue as the smt automatically disengages upon hard braking. I don´t know what it will do. Añso it shoúld reengage but there is no way to drop the clutch, blip, declutch and select any gear you want.

Does your throttle body have a mechanical stop?

As I wrote, I am very much on the fence about the imo too light ones. I would pounce on a 13 lbs Lotus one but a 10 lbs or less??? That is getting to be very, véry little flywheel mass.

Ah well, it is only a luxury problem ;D

The weather is.... mediterranean, the fiesta de los pueblos in Fuengirola opens today and I am at Malageña gf´s so.... nót going with mine because of a real world problem: Her cabrio has an electric hardtop which is a bit more secure in an environment that is a magnet for opportunity crime.

Enjoy your day.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What ECU is it? provided overrun fuel is on and trimmed correctly it shouldn't stall. its off on my car because it produces long flames.
    Haaa, that makes sense as it will try add fuel to raise the revs. This result in unburned fume in the exhaust which will ignite easily.

Mine does oót have that. I cán make the exhaust plop by deliberately not lifting completely on the overrun. Not a single murmur when I properly lift.

ME221 (https://motorsport-electronics.co.uk...gin-mx-5-8995/) tuned by Nick at Skuzzle Motorsport near Winchester. He's a bit of a genius when it comes to tuning cars.

ME221 (https://motorsport-electronics.co.uk...gin-mx-5-8995/) tuned by Nick at Skuzzle Motorsport near Winchester. He's a bit of a genius when it comes to tuning cars.
    Omex are friends of mine so I know a bit about after market ECUs and engine calibration

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Waiting for the gf to rutern from shopping so diverting my attention to silly stuff.

The thing is that I am totally in love with the bomber style aluminium seats like in the vintage Porsche speedster racers.

It will lop a huge chunk, over 20 kilos, of weight but in this case that is not the object, not at all. I just lóve them. Yes it will be an MoT fail so will need to swap them back for inspection.

I have the doors from the rear cubby out anyway so still access to those.

They do look 8)

and this is how they bolt down so a bracket should not be an issue. Would need a sliding runner ánd padding for the passenger seat tough. Absolute must if I want c-company occupying that side.

[/quote]

It will lop a huge chunk, over 20 kilos, of weight but in this case that is not the object, not at all. I just lóve them. Yes it will be an MoT fail so will need to swap them back for inspection.

https://www.reverie.ltd.uk/seats.php

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I know, you gave the link earlier and they most likely come with TüV homologation or such, meaning I can have them entered in my vehicle specs. Rather a bit more costly though.
    Also I sóó like those stupid alloy bomber bucket.
    As I wrote; a bit silly ;-)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Red face Modification addiction

Sigh.
    Thought I had reached the end of the mods several mods ago.
    Yet the wish list grows faster than I can take them off:

Still have to take the exhaust heat shield off. Although that is for free need to make the time to get the rear bumper off.
    Also still have the airbag light on.
    Oh and the reinforcements I cut out of the bonnet I need to repair for the MoT.

The wishes are the lighter flywheel; to be adressed if/when the clutch needs replacing. KATCHING!!
    Pass the MoD station to get a smalled licence plate approved in the vehicle docs. Katching.
    Put lighter seat in. KATCHING!!
    Mount a bl@@dy large rear wing. Katching.
    By that time I will have added to the list... :-[

Already have a silly one floating in my head. Mind ´head´, not braín, hence silly one: Would lóve to take the rear view mirror out. I took the sunvisors out because they cramped my view. Go figure that mirror... ánd it is some 400 gramms too. Oh dear.
    Etcetera.

I had an amusing moment this morning, I took the car a few junctions up the motorway to start bedding the rings in, a police traffic car came up behind me and followed for a couple of miles, I’m thinking number plates, canards, wing ends etc, the it pulled out and drew level with two beaming faces and two held up thumbs, then it pulled away.

I’m glad some policemen like cars

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I had an amusing moment this morning, I took the car a few junctions up the motorway to start bedding the rings in, a police traffic car came up behind me and followed for a couple of miles, I’m thinking number plates, canards, wing ends etc, the it pulled out and drew level with two beaming faces and two held up thumbs, then it pulled away.

I’m glad some policemen like cars
    Oh mán, that must have been a weird; from ´oh what nów´ to ´yeah´, experience. Cool!!

I had taking the seats out, measuring all and sundry on the roll.
    First however took out my dog for a spin. He has been longing for that from day one and was as content as a monkey with seven tails.

I've been driving my MX a fair bit of late and after a very good early morning thrashing over the downs to Goodwood and back the rear was a little loose in an odd kind of way. I don't think it's the LSD, although I have noticed it's changed the way the car feels to drive even in a straight line, and softened the rear dampers by a click, which has helped with the slight looseness but now upset the car's balance (I've spent a long time and lots of messing around to find the correct front/rear damper settings!). Time to find a decent exhaust place and see what they can do to secure my exhaust so the rear brace can go back on. It's fine in normal and fast driving, just when you're at that point where you need to feel what the car's telling you and it's distracting you and making you think what it might be. A friend has a 1931 MG C-Type Montlhéry and it has so much chassis and body flex you think you're oversteering through every corner taken at speed, it takes a lot of effort to not correct it, and I've (fortunately) never pushed it that hard that it has actually oversteered! It's that feeling of something not being right. Anyway, the LSD and lightweight fly have completely transformed the car. I'm now looking into some engine work at a local machine shop and thinking hard about those Jenvey throttle bodies...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing.
    The LSD should make it feel more planted if anything.
    Same thing the click softer; that give móre roadholding not less.
    Odd.

Seems a good idea to get the exhaust sorted so the brace can be out back. May not be the cause but it ís a logical suspect because a thing which was changed.

What you coúld do if it remains, is set the suspension back and lower the tyre pressure just a little. That gives more compliance BUT also more drift angle. If not pleased, go the other way and see what you feel.
    Although there is a lót of science in it, the end result involves só many variables that getting it right for yoú borders on an art.

Sent out an email enquiring about seats to a high tech Portugese manufacturer; LusoMotor. They have a model I like a lot and which would be close to 20 kilos lighter for the pair.
    They have direct mounts for the MX5 btw. Not for the MR2; too few about ofcourse.

I've been driving my MX a fair bit of late and after a very good early morning thrashing over the downs to Goodwood and back the rear was a little loose in an odd kind of way. I don't think it's the LSD, although I have noticed it's changed the way the car feels to drive even in a straight line, and softened the rear dampers by a click, which has helped with the slight looseness but now upset the car's balance (I've spent a long time and lots of messing around to find the correct front/rear damper settings!). Time to find a decent exhaust place and see what they can do to secure my exhaust so the rear brace can go back on. It's fine in normal and fast driving, just when you're at that point where you need to feel what the car's telling you and it's distracting you and making you think what it might be. A friend has a 1931 MG C-Type Montlhéry and it has so much chassis and body flex you think you're oversteering through every corner taken at speed, it takes a lot of effort to not correct it, and I've (fortunately) never pushed it that hard that it has actually oversteered! It's that feeling of something not being right. Anyway, the LSD and lightweight fly have completely transformed the car. I'm now looking into some engine work at a local machine shop and thinking hard about those Jenvey throttle bodies...
    I am biased but the Omex throttle bodies are better, I have a set of Jenvies on the Renault, the linkage is a disaster, I’m thinking of binning then, they won’t fit a Duratec

Thanks for sharing.
    The LSD should make it feel more planted if anything.
    Same thing the click softer; that give móre roadholding not less.
    Odd.

Seems a good idea to get the exhaust sorted so the brace can be out back. May not be the cause but it ís a logical suspect because a thing which was changed.

What you coúld do if it remains, is set the suspension back and lower the tyre pressure just a little. That gives more compliance BUT also more drift angle. If not pleased, go the other way and see what you feel.
    Although there is a lót of science in it, the end result involves só many variables that getting it right for yoú borders on an art.

Sent out an email enquiring about seats to a high tech Portugese manufacturer; LusoMotor. They have a model I like a lot and which would be close to 20 kilos lighter for the pair.
    They have direct mounts for the MX5 btw. Not for the MR2; too few about ofcourse.
    On the road an LSD is more likely to spit you into the scenery than improve the ride, they are far less forgiving than an open diff, if the back feels loose I would start looking at the tow on both ends.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    On the road an LSD is more likely to spit you into the scenery than improve the ride, they are far less forgiving than an open diff, if the back feels loose I would start looking at the tow on both ends.
    I beg to differ about the diff Adrian. Because it is still ´slip´ you don´t notice it untill you start pushing and then the feedback is só much more direct, more linear.
    Anyway, I am not familiar with the term the tow on both ends and keen to learn, as always.

LusoMotors already responded. Véry professional outfit! Also almost around the corner for me. Relatively; still 1000 kms. but not crossing water makes shipping easier/cheaper ;-)

Meanwhile trying to source OEM mountings/rails. Those are a tad heavy but top notch stiff and it does not make sense to me to fit buckets on a flexi mounting, less still one locking on one side only.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it's the LSD, although I have noticed it's changed the way the car feels to drive even in a straight line,
    Rereading this, I wonder.
    Even welding a diff makes very little diff-erence untill the bends bend a bit more than not quite straight as the rolling tyres quite easily compensate.

I beg to differ about the diff Adrian. Because it is still ´slip´ you don´t notice it untill you start pushing and then the feedback is só much more direct, more linear.
    Anyway, I am not familiar with the term the tow on both ends and keen to learn, as always.

LusoMotors already responded. Véry professional outfit! Also almost around the corner for me. Relatively; still 1000 kms. but not crossing water makes shipping easier/cheaper ;-)

Meanwhile trying to source OEM mountings/rails. Those are a tad heavy but top notch stiff and it does not make sense to me to fit buckets on a flexi mounting, less still one locking on one side only.
    Towing out pulls the car around the bend, straight tow is obvious, towing in will try to make the car turn the opposite way, tow settings are a compromise of drivability and tyre wear, most race cars will have one side towing out in direction of the most turns and one side going straight on, this makes the car less on edge and far more drivable, someone will have a set up for the Mazda that suites the diff better.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Píng

Ahhhhh; you meant TOE.
    Nów I get it.
    Thanks for the explanation.

Especially on the front it is a rather complex subject as the traditional Ackermann steering geometry makes for a dynamically changing toe setting, different on the inside (less) and outside (more) wheel. Racing and other specific, special circumstances can have requirements which are not in line with the Ackermann principle.
    Almost a black art.

Btw. the weather forecast here is stable sunny till as far as it goes, which is currently the 12th.

Ahhhhh; you meant TOE.
    Nów I get it.
    Thanks for the explanation.

Especially on the front it is a rather complex subject as the traditional Ackermann steering geometry makes for a dynamically changing toe setting, different on the inside (less) and outside (more) wheel. Racing and other specific, special circumstances can have requirements which are not in line with the Ackermann principle.
    Almost a black art.

Btw. the weather forecast here is stable sunny till as far as it goes, which is currently the 12th.
    Sorry , IPhones are wonderful I didn’t look. I’m there on the 11th

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sorry , IPhones are wonderful I didn’t look.
    I-magine when you use whatsap in four different langiages daily.... Like the Japanese random English word generator!

I’m there on the 11th
    Enjoy!
    It is green. lush, lots of flowers and over here LOÚD with an army of different birds halowing daybreak.

I'll look into those throttle bodies. Why are you biased, Adrian?

The car's geometry was set up recently at a proper place (https://www.wheelalignmentcentresouthampton.co.uk/ in Southampton, very close to Ikea, ideal!) but I'm not sure why fitting the LSD would affect it. The brace will go back on once I've found a good enough exhaust place to do it - it may need a bit of heat to bend it rather than just fitting better rubber mounts.

I'm going to have to be careful about my next choice of seat. I already have a Sparco Spint but it's not wide enough for my right leg to spread and my knee to rest against the door (I'm taller than the average MX driver!). I'd like something lower, the Sprint (on adjustable and low mounts) was about two inches closer to the ground than the standard seat.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    but I'm not sure why fitting the LSD would affect it.
    Cannot see that either.
    But the neither can I why an LSD would affect straight line stabilty so probably down to lack of knowledge on my part :-)

I'm going to have to be careful about my next choice of seat. I already have a Sparco Spint but it's not wide enough for my right leg to spread and my knee to rest against the door (I'm taller than the average MX driver!). I'd like something lower, the Sprint (on adjustable and low mounts) was about two inches closer to the ground than the standard seat.
    Looked at the Sprint but it is rather heavy and the bucket is too deep for me. Both for the leg spread you mention ánd for getting out of the car. My dodgy hip will be replaced somewhen this summer but will not be getting any more athletic with then twó titanium ones.
    Have a look at the MK3 LusoMotors one.

I have decided I want a set with the only hold up being selling it to the gfs. I don´t háve to get permission, but life is easier with them being ok with sitting in a plastic bucket ;-)
    Well not just easier; a lót more pleasurable: Northern Bell, aka Mountain Girl, was in a playful mood yesterday and demanded I take her out in Southern Bell, aka De Kikker, for a drive and photos (of her ofcourse*) under the sun in stunning scenery. I´d rather miss out on the seats than on thát ...

* will have a look if there is a suitable one among them. First a quicky to the medical post; stepped in rusty nail. Not a spectacularly bloody hole but a holed skin nonetheless = infection and the last tetanus shot was over ten years ago.
    Last edited by Huertecilla; 7th May 2019 at 08:51.

Cannot see that either.
    But the neither can I why an LSD would affect straight line stabilty so probably down to lack of knowledge on my part :-)
    I think it's simply the difference between how an open diff and an LSD reacts to slight differences in grip or dips/bumps in the road. I may just be talking crap of course!

What I do know is the road to my house has different tarmac to the main road, and with a combination of LSD and (automatic) choke just after starting the car it's not always easy to stop the rear wheels spinning slightly when I pull away!

The answer (for me) with the seat is I think I'll go and pay a visit to whoever has the best selection of seats. Lotus Elise seats are a very popular modification, as is removing the lumps in the floor on which the seat rail sit. At the moment the standard seat (with some foam removed - a very easy and popular MX-5 mod, the 'foamectomy') is fine, and I'm well wedged in by the doors and gearbox tunnel.

I have to spend a little money on the Healey - it needs a very thorough going over and service. The benefit of a louvred bonnet is when you receive a fine spray of oil to the windscreen you know it's time to have a closer check, and the rocker cover gasket has gone. There might be a core plug leaking, now I have much better tyres I need the brakes replacing (Green Stuff EBC I think, especially now my wheels are easy to clean, I wouldn't want those pads with wire wheels!), the ARB could do with being thicker and so on. I sold my wire wheels that came off the car for £500, so that's a good start!

The Mazda's new roof looks great, and the LSD, clutch and fly all cost a lot of money so time to sit back for a few months and just enjoy it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think it's simply the difference between how an open diff and an LSD reacts to slight differences in grip or dips/bumps in the road. I may just be talking crap of course!
    The point of limited slip is the diff still working as a diff up to a % of rotational difference. Yours may be set up too tight.
    But, what do we know; just flog ´m :-)

Looked at Elise seats. Problem is that those are not availeble here and UK ones are both RHD ánd imo too expensive.

You reflection about expense and enjoying is as sound as it comes. It can be rather a rabbit hole whereas a bog standard car is very enjoyable too so getting the feet back on the ground every now and then quite a sound idea.

I'll look into those throttle bodies. Why are you biased, Adrian?
    The people that own Omex are good friends of mine, saying that the Jenvey TB's haven't moved on, have a look on Omex's site they also make Duratec race engines of various power outputs.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ok, óne she toook herself while in the seat. Also illustrates why a plastic bucket needs some selling.

Not nude or waht but not a live link as some like to take offense to anything not fitting within the confines of their minkukel so open at you own responsibility:

https://myalbum.com/photo/VXjlsysn0ooL/1k0.jpg

The people that own Omex are good friends of mine, saying that the Jenvey TB's haven't moved on, have a look on Omex's site they also make Duratec race engines of various power outputs.
    I've had a look and will do some more research.

Yours may be set up too tight.
    I was wondering if it might just be slightly tighter and I just wasn't used to it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I was wondering if it might just be slightly tighter and I just wasn't used to it.
    That is my best guess yes.
    If so then a bit more slip % would be less load on the transmisson and tyres.
    For the rest it is véry easy to get used to. Once you do, it feels móre planted oddly enough because you get more direct feedback.

That is my best guess yes.
    If so then a bit more slip % would be less load on the transmisson and tyres.
    For the rest it is véry easy to get used to. Once you do, it feels móre planted oddly enough because you get more direct feedback.
    I had an LSD in my previous MX-5, I'm surprised I took so long to have one fitted to this one. I'm sorely tempted to buy one for the Healey!

Banned
    Blog Entries

weihed the fro

Coming back from the village saw Diego entering the cooperativo so followed him in and he weighed my car.
    Normal crap in glove box, tow eye/bolt, bottle of puncture repair foam, windscreen washer fluid, say 15 litres of gas.
    Mind, it´s an SMT with airco and OEM sound system which according to the vehicle registration documentation weighs

Last edited by Huertecilla; 7th May 2019 at 17:10.

That's pretty good, with some lightweight seats presumably it'll be starting with an 8?