closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Which cabrio?

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Are you NÚTS? Having seventies liberal fun whizzing around in an eighties manga car under 21st C. 300 days sun/year and you try shine a gloomy light?!
    By all means, you´re welcome to it.

To put it in perspective; droves of Britons pay easily 1K per week for an akin holiday... if they are lucky.
    Actually Cilla, I’m seeing the attraction - after all life isn’t a rehearsal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    ...and when they get at the roundabout the tape stops!!! Oh mááán :-(

See you have other cars and puddles of water :-((

No, seriously, all modifications are personalisations and as such per definition personal.
    Also there is no getting around that the OEM compromise can NOT be improved upon. Any gain sómewhere is more loss in other aspects.
    You know what you want and how to get there; accept that hotter cams and lighter flywheel will delete the pottering about mode. Kuddos to you whereas 99% of MX owners will think you ruined a perfectly good car.

Girls are a lot simpler as there is no set of homologation rules with periodic inspections. Despite what a lot of people perceive about the social conventions, there is no OEM optimal compromise within legal requirements; conscenting adults is enough, no drawbacks

Combining the two you can both have and eat your cake; whizz about in a manga car with a hentai girl. Preferrably under the sun; both for the whizzing and her dress code...

Hat off to you RobDad.

If you got rid of the stupid decals and that even more stupider spoiler we might be able to forgive your ramblings on the charming “Swedish princess” company front?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Wink Lighten up UK

Banned
    Blog Entries

Wind deflectors

Fitted side window wind deflectors. A mouthful for small lexan triangles but they work big time!

Made by a 72 year old British lady: Cut to size from a sheet of lexan, bent by hand by using a blowtorch and a vice. Then hand finished.
    At cost of the lexan and a donation to the club. Awesome!!

The adult version so not for family, office, or the small minded.

Removed on request of the self appointed forum police.
    Last edited by Huertecilla; 3rd March 2020 at 14:49.

Do you want to get that second picture out of G&D?! Stick to BP for that.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Do you want to get that second picture out of G&D?! Stick to BP for that.
    Yes SÍR!!

Master
    Thank you for removing that dreadful photo Cilla. I’m genuinely surprised she could fit in the passenger seat to be honest.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Thank you for removing that dreadful photo Cilla. I’m genuinely surprised she could fit in the passenger seat to be honest.
    A Brit and gentleman or how was that title?

Must be Great Fun on your islands outside the edge of the EU.

Right, enjoy your day, I am of for a spin under the sun.

Master
    A Brit and gentleman or how was that title?

Must be Great Fun on your islands outside the edge of the EU.

Right, enjoy your day, I am of for a spin under the sun.
    That’s rich, coming from the man posting unflattering pictures of some ‘charming’ company online for all to see. Most gentlemanly. You utter prat.

Enjoy the spin in the t**tmobile

The adult version so not for family, office, or the small minded.

Removed on request of the self appointed forum police.
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    "Boys' Room" was created for posts admiring the female form and ribald banter so please, let's keep these subjects in there.

Thanks,

Eddie[/b]
    There you go. From the one and only self-appointed forum police officer.

Keep that nonsense in the boys room. Some of us have jobs and look at the forum from work.

There you go. From the one and only self-appointed forum police officer.

Keep that nonsense in the boys room. Some of us have jobs and look at the forum from work.
    so its ok for you to look at stuff on the internet at work, but if it offends you its not. double standards I think.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    so its ok for you to look at stuff on the internet at work, but if it offends you its not. double standards I think.
    No, it's called browsing the public parts of the forum on my lunch from my computer and not wanting to see a big fat photo of a vagina.

Seeing a naked woman doesn't offend me. Having it pop up on my screen when Eddie has asked that all of that kind of stuff is in the boy's room does.

Master
    It wasn’t pretty Adrian. Wiley is right he shouldn’t be posting that sort of stuff in G&D

No, it's called browsing the public parts of the forum on my lunch from my computer and not wanting to see a big fat photo of a vagina.

Seeing a naked woman doesn't offend me. Having it pop up on my screen when Eddie has asked that all of that kind of stuff is in the boy's room does.
    did it not say "The adult version so not for family, office, or the small minded" and you had to actually click on the link to see it?

Is it now in the Boy's Room, cos I can't find it?

did it not say "The adult version so not for family, office, or the small minded" and you had to actually click on the link to see it?
    If it was just a link I wouldn't have clicked. It was embedded and on the screen wether I wanted it or not.

Doesn't really matter what disclaimer he put on it. Those pictures are for the boy's room, not G&D. Rules of the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Is it now in the Boy's Room, cos I can't find it?
    No idea, I never go on that section. Wasn't worth hunting out though.

Which cabrio?

Is that wind deflector finished, looks unfinished to me?

EDiT: I’m back, what I meant to say was, that wind deflector looks crap, think my 10 year old nieces could have made something that looks and fitted better.
    Last edited by IAmATeaf; 3rd March 2020 at 22:50.

Blog Entries
    Guy has major problems is no longer funny and quite frankly it’s a great pity that Eddie does not ban him for being a total tool and a waste of bandwidth.
    Last edited by mart broad; 3rd March 2020 at 23:07.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

I didn't see the offending picture, but as the G&D is a public area of the forum it would have resulted in an instant ban if Eddie had seen it here.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I didn't see the offending picture, but as the G&D is a public area of the forum it would have resulted in an instant ban if Eddie had seen it here.
    In that case he can put it back up

Banned
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

That is but a detail

Meanwhile enjoyed nice rides with charming company. Because of the dry spell there is natural rock salt around a bunch of salt wells here just over in the Granada province. We collected some for the kitchen. The site is medieval scenic; it makes for véry pretty and unique photos.
    The village next to it is unsurprisingly named Salinas.

The deflectors are surprisingly effective. Still sunny here and ditto forecasted till next Tuesday so lots of topless fun. The plan is to visit a vinyard near Fuente de Piedra. They produce small quantities of the last quinine wine in Spain, from sweet grapes
    The local salt lake thére is a breeding ground for flamingos and it is a réaly nice drive.

Meanwhile also ordered chrome U-strip so I can make it look a bit more finished and - like quarter lights.

Blog Entries
    LOL
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    LOL

Well, the OP is an arrogant fool, and also a racist, an immigrant, and expat to boot, thick skinned as a rhino and totally blind to his stupidity and social ignorance. Basically, he's a f****** ar****le. IMHO.

PS. If you want to pretend to be a racing car driver, buy an actual sports car that goes fast, dont f**k up a decent cheapo car by chopping bits off and adding spurious bits of sh**e. IMHO
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Well, the OP is an arrogant fool, and also a racist, an immigrant, and expat to boot, thick skinned as a rhino and totally blind to his stupidity and social ignorance. Basically, he's a f****** ar****le. IMHO.

PS. If you want to pretend to be a racing car driver, buy an actual sports car that goes fast, dont f**k up a decent cheapo car by chopping bits off and adding spurious bits of sh**e. IMHO
    Wasn’t disagreeing with you at all. I think you’re right. That wasn’t what amused me! It was the improbability that he might be banned!
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 4th March 2020 at 22:46.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As I said, up the road here, júst over into Granada province.
    A natual salt ´lick´ where the mineral rock salt comes up. You can literaly pick it up by the kilo.
    The tower structure goes back to moorish times and where the collected clumps were stored.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Nice one; you do know that personal insults are ground for a ban too?! or does that not apply to the old boys club?
    Ah well, I don´t share the national Brit hobby of taking offence to what a stranger on the web thinks whereas you think thát bad too.

Wonderful insight into your thinking btw.; listing being an immigrant, expat as bad. Priceless; thank you. Looking forward to more of this ánd to the 29 degrees C. in the weather forecast.

Which cabrio?

The car would look so much better without the decals and stick on tat. Get rid of all the crap, return it to it’s original condition, I’ll give you the black bonnet/hood, then drive it around with the charming company. If you don’t want to do this then please no more pics of the car, just the scenery will do

Nice one; you do know that personal insults are ground for a ban too?! or does that not apply to the old boys club?
    Ah well, I don´t share the national Brit hobby of taking offence to what a stranger on the web thinks whereas you think thát bad too.

Wonderful insight into your thinking btw.; listing being an immigrant, expat as bad. Priceless; thank you. Looking forward to more of this ánd to the 29 degrees C. in the weather forecast.

Slight mistake there, my comments weren't insults, they were mere statements of fact, which any rational and sensible adult would have recognised. You are are an immigrant, and an expat within your adopted country. The unfortunate thing for the people you deride is that they may encounter you in their new adventure. My word, what a pi$$er to encounter you when having a nice day out.
    F.T.F.A.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sound tracks.

Accellerating:

8 mar. 10.00.mp3

The Doppler effect flying by the girl at a P at the highway. First a coach then the MR2 at about
    This also illustrates the lével of decibels relative to .... a coach passing:

8 mar. 9.55.mp3

Hm.... does not work. Ah well. You´d take offense anyway.

Sound tracks.

Accellerating:

8 mar. 10.00.mp3

The Doppler effect flying by the girl at a P at the highway. First a coach then the MR2 at about
    This also illustrates the lével of decibels relative to .... a coach passing:

8 mar. 9.55.mp3

Hm.... does not work. Ah well. You´d take offense anyway.
    What?

Assuming you weren't speeding though Cilla and staying in the bounds of A- the legal speed limits
    B- your capabilities and C- the cars capability which judging by the look of that pile of sh** is about 30 mph.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 8th March 2020 at 16:51.

Blog Entries
    Haven't had any thrilling updates from the Iberian correspondent for a while. Has the kit car finally reached the zenith of performance and handling perhaps?

Haven't had any thrilling updates from the Iberian correspondent for a while. Has the kit car finally reached the zenith of performance and handling perhaps?
    Hopefully he’s okay and not laid low with cv, whatever some think of him.

Missing the BP, Ookster?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Hopefully he’s okay and not laid low with cv, whatever some think of him.
    Must admit to a twinge of concern for the old loony, it's most unlike him to have ceased posting so abruptly/for so long, especially given events here on the ground, hope he's OK.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Must admit to a twinge of concern for the old loony, it's most unlike him to have ceased posting so abruptly/for so long, especially given events here on the ground, hope he's OK.
    I’m sure he will be fine, the Devil looks after his own. I recall he was in the BP slagging off the UK reaction to Coronavirus. Since then, Spanish figures have gone through the roof so I assumed he was keeping his head down. When things get better, especially if Spanish figures decrease faster than in the Uk, he’ll be back with his bile.

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    I’m sure he will be fine, the Devil looks after his own. I recall he was in the BP slagging off the UK reaction to Coronavirus. Since then, Spanish figures have gone through the roof so I assumed he was keeping his head down. When things get better, especially if Spanish figures decrease faster than in the Uk, he’ll be back with his bile.
    Aye you're probably correct.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Argon View Post
    Missing the BP, Ookster?
    Nope. Daresay the usual suspects have found another villain by now.
    Was just wondering if the old twerp was ok was all.

He logged in yesterday so hopefully he’s ok ...and building up to a big post about U.K. handling everything worse than any other country...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    He logged in yesterday so hopefully he’s ok ...and building up to a big post about U.K. handling everything worse than any other country...
    Ha ha ha you’re probably right. 😂 Tant pis!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    All ok here btw.; véry ok. Thanks for the concerns. And yes the UK is not doing a good job leaving it´s citizens out in safer-than-blighty-Spain with an hour´s notice. The pandemic is dreadful enough without shámeful country/party politics.

Back on thread all ok too. Véry ok. The car is huge fun under the sun, even in silly hot (well over 40 C.) circumstances as the airco is Toyota good. The AD08Rs are súper sticky on the hot tarmac!

Shed some more weight off the car and myself too cycling up and down the same touge roads. Serves two purposes; shed the weight and learn the routes better still.

Also added some fun stuff, p.e.

Good to know you’re around and well Petrus
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Still enjoying

Passed MoT for another year, no observations, both the car ánd me :-)

Also fitted T(oyota)R(acing)D(epartment) Sportivo legs and springs front and rear.
    Spings are 35% stiffer front, 65% rear.
    Though véry moderately lower, the front goes about 10 mm lower than the rear, creating a slight rake.
    To correct the difference in roll centre drop, I have the subframe spacers fitted.

Had a bit of luck with sourcing a set of TRD rear lower control arm braces. These are very light but real effective because they triangulate the support points on the chassis.

Have a set of Whiteline ARBs under way. Adjustable so I can set them to my own preference.

Lastly my son is 3D printing parts to replace plastic thingamies with featherweight ones with MR2 motive. Not really adding up to a weighty issue but still fun. He prints them in semi-transparent maïs based material so it lóóks as featherlight as it is.

Last edited by Huertecilla; 31st October 2020 at 13:15.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The Covid19 restriction have been tightened again for at least 14 days.
    Can not lighten thát burden but cán lighten my car.

Took the rear bumper and crash bar off. Deleted a heat shield with brackets, lightened the crash bar and used the licence plate to delete the support and mounting.
    All in all added just over 2 kilos of lightness.

Although confined within the municipal borders, I am véry lucky that the municipality is relatively expansive; I can go for about an hour spin over backroads without doing the same stretch. With just about nobody on the road it is still good fun.
    Last edited by Huertecilla; 9th November 2020 at 18:24.