closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling Aerospace Avantage battery replacement

Craftsman

Breitling Aerospace Avantage battery replacement

Put on the watch this morning and realised it had stopped. I knew it was coming because the backlight stopped working about a month ago

I could take it to Breitling on New Bond Street but I know they will charge me an arm and a leg. I have had bad experiences with Goldsmiths in the past so refuse to take it to them.

Any suggestions of somewhere reliable I could get this done and idea of cost? Or is it best to bite the bullet and take it to the Breitling Boutique.

Thanks in advance!

Kapish

Blog Entries
    You can do it yourself. Or quite a few guys on here could change a watch battery for a nominal fee.

I thought I had a link to how to change it yourself. Just take care of the tiny Ti case back screws.

maybe DO NOT use these people? http://www.thewatchlab.co.uk/branche...watch-repairs/. Just saw some reviews!!! Stay away
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 10th July 2018 at 13:40.

I've never used them but there's a place in Piccadilly Circus tube station that gets good reviews

https://watch-repair-piccadilly.business.site/

Craftsman
    I've used the TicToc Man in Hatton Garden for battery replacments on 2 Omegas and a Breitling. I would recommend them and from memory it's around £25-35, which includes a pressure test.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by P4u1 View Post
    I've used the TicToc Man in Hatton Garden for battery replacments on 2 Omegas and a Breitling. I would recommend them and from memory it's around £25-35, which includes a pressure test.
    Never a fan of 32 Hatton Gardens. Always find them trying to get your business unpleasant.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the suggestions so far. If it were one of my cheaper watches, I wouldn’t hesitate to give it a go myself but as this has a HEQ movement I’m paranoid that I’ll cock it up and something will go out of sync. I absolutely love his watch so I want it done by someone who knows what they are doing.

I suppose you could say I want to have my cake and eat it because I want it done properly but don’t want to pay Breitling prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the battery replaced on my Breitling at F Hinds the jewellers on their £9.99 lifetime battery change deal they offered a few years ago - was £6.99 for one off battery fitted so made sense to go for the £9.99 lifetime offer. They had to fit a new one again last year ..
    Last edited by steptoe; 10th July 2018 at 16:31.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchfreek View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions so far. If it were one of my cheaper watches, I wouldn’t hesitate to give it a go myself but as this has a HEQ movement I’m paranoid that I’ll cock it up and something will go out of sync. I absolutely love his watch so I want it done by someone who knows what they are doing.

I suppose you could say I want to have my cake and eat it because I want it done properly but don’t want to pay Breitling prices.

depending on the age of your watch you may get Breitling to do an intermidate battery service at reasonable cost. They will provide a shipping box and RMSD package to your door.

Martyn.

Russell Talerman just off Regent Street would be my choice:

https://www.russelltalerman.com

They can pressure test as well and it shouldn’t cost much.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Russell Talerman just off Regent Street would be my choice:

https://www.russelltalerman.com

They can pressure test as well and it shouldn’t cost much.
    I contacted them and they said they can change the battery and perform a pressure test for £30 all in. 10-15 minute wait time and no appointment required so I will go during my lunch break tomorrow.

I will actually be walking past the Breitling Boutique on New Bond Street so may pop in there and ask them for a quote out of interest.

many thanks for all the responses!

Kapish

Breitling Aerospace Avantage battery replacement

If it were my watch, I would send it back to Breitling. It something goes wrong during or after the battery service, it’s on them.

Also they’ll give you a full 1 year warranty on the work.

My Aerospace should also be coming up on a battery replacement as the last time was in December 2014, also performed by Breitling.

Unless you know what you are doing, I strongly advise against changing the battery yourself. This is not a $20 plastic Casio but rather a very fine piece of high end quartz. Treat it like one.

Craftsman
    Quick update,

I took it to Russell Talerman today. It’s on the 3rd floor above The Masons Arms Pub on Maddox Street just off New Bond Street. I popped in the the Breitling Boutique which is at the junction of New Bond Street and Maddox Street to see how much they charge. £140 and a 7-10 day lead time. Which to be fair is a lot less than I was expecting.

I got to RT and was greeted by the receptionist who took my watch and asked me to wait in the rather tiny waiting area/Reception. 10 minutes later I walked out with a fully functioning watch and £30 lighter. The watchmaker actually came out to talk to me and said that the seal is still in good condition so no need to change it just yet.

I’m happy and would definitely use them again. Thanks for the tip!

Kapish

Quote Originally Posted by Watchfreek View Post
    Quick update,

I took it to Russell Talerman today. It’s on the 3rd floor above The Masons Arms Pub on Maddox Street just off New Bond Street. I popped in the the Breitling Boutique which is at the junction of New Bond Street and Maddox Street to see how much they charge. £140 and a 7-10 day lead time. Which to be fair is a lot less than I was expecting.

I got to RT and was greeted by the receptionist who took my watch and asked me to wait in the rather tiny waiting area/Reception. 10 minutes later I walked out with a fully functioning watch and £30 lighter. The watchmaker actually came out to talk to me and said that the seal is still in good condition so no need to change it just yet.

I’m happy and would definitely use them again. Thanks for the tip!

Kapish

I've used them a few times and always been happy with the service and prices. It is a funny little office though.

Did you notice if there was anything good for sale in the cabinet?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I've used them a few times and always been happy with the service and prices. It is a funny little office though.

Did you notice if there was anything good for sale in the cabinet?
    There were quite a few Rolex’s but the prices seemed to be missing a zero. So for example, there was an Explorer from 1997 but it looked to me like it was priced at £295. To be honest I was a little distracted because I was dealing with a work issue so I didn’t get time to ask them. It’s on my way home so I might pop in one day and ask for more details.

Kapish