closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not another Speedy Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    Excellent! £3,520 plus a strap on it. Seems incredibly good value against an Ultraman.
    Or around £2890 with a discount!
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    I think like the last ST this looks better on anything other than the NATO provided. I will stick mine on a bracelet like the last one probably.

photo upload sites

I had to google Ultraman. So it’s a comic book character. Okaaay…

Scraping the bottom of the barrel comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeott View Post
    I had to google Ultraman. So it’s a comic book character. Okaaay…
    Yes - Like Tintin.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Yes - Like Tintin.
    Tintin was brought out by Omega as "Speedmaster Racing". A connection with the Tintin character is never confirmed by Omega. It was a regular production model and was neither numbered nor limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Retep View Post
    A connection with the Tintin character is never confirmed by Omega.
    I never knew that. You learn something new every day. Although I have an Ultraman on reserve I don’t think I will be purchasing it because I think the whole Ultraman pic that lights up under UV is a bit childish and shouldn’t be on a £5k watch.

At least Snoopy has a (small) connection to the moon missions, the Ultraman link to omega is a little tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Retep View Post
    Tintin was brought out by Omega as "Speedmaster Racing". A connection with the Tintin character is never confirmed by Omega. It was a regular production model and was neither numbered nor limited.
    Though it was planned to be an official TinTin design with a rocket on the dial but was pulled because of objections by copyright holders.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    ..., the Ultraman link to omega is a little tedious.
    I would say: made up / fake / 99.9% marketing.

There were a few special order Speedmasters with an orange second hand. Who cares?
    Only marketeers who try to sell these watches with only the slightest of differences compared to the originals (I mean: same movement, crystal and case) at an absolute premium.

Do you remember when the only 10k dollar plus sportswatch in steel was the Audemars Piquet Royal Oak (back then with the ultrathin JLC base movement)?

There was a time when Rolex, Omega and the likes sold a decent product at a decent price. That time is gone...

Never heard of Ultraman TBH, maybe not that well known in UK (or even West) but from what I've read a lot bigger in Japan so the watch could do well. Be interesting to know where the watches end up.

Craftsman

Dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Never heard of Ultraman TBH, maybe not that well known in UK (or even West) but from what I've read a lot bigger in Japan so the watch could do well. Be interesting to know where the watches end up.

I think most of us know were the majority of the UK purchased ones will end up, at WF etc.and sales corner.

Cannot wait to see what this Tuesday release gets pushed for on the market, then watch the values drop week after week as the market gets saturated with them as the buyers try to offload and scramble to get their money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    I think most of us know were the majority of the UK purchased ones will end up, at WF etc.and sales corner.

Cannot wait to see what this Tuesday release gets pushed for on the market, then watch the values drop week after week as the market gets saturated with them as the buyers try to offload and scramble to get their money back.
    To be fair, most LE speedmasters have gone on to trade well above original purchase price and I can see this one outperforming many of those. I recall all the naysayers commenting in a similar fashion about the Silver Snoopy when it came out. Need I say more?

It's the price gets me 4750 ouch speedy Tuesday was 4100. Next year 5100

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post

They won't end up on SC, they'll find another buyer.

Was weird to say the least. I bought and sold a ST last year. I went out for a walk at 11.00am, got back at 12:00 noon and checked my e-mail and the registration was open. I did the various clicks, but completely allocated. The e-mail was sent at around 11:30 and by 12:00 they had gone.

Personally I am pleased not to be involved this this, but I think it is a far nicer watch than last years. Ignoring all the comic book stuff, it is a nice looking watch.

As we live in a world of touts for everything I would suggest 70%+ will be flipped for profit.

Craftsman

Snoopy

Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    To be fair, most LE speedmasters have gone on to trade well above original purchase price and I can see this one outperforming many of those. I recall all the naysayers commenting in a similar fashion about the Silver Snoopy when it came out. Need I say more?

Everyone always quotes the sliver snoopy as a guide to how every Omega LE will perform, the snoopy was and always will be a high value Omega in all it’s guise, Snoopy has a direct link to the space program with NASA which then adds legitimate value to any speedmaster.

How many ck2998 are still lingering around on the secondary market with their inflated price and no buyers,plenty. How many 60th anniversary speedmaster are lingering ignored with their inflated price,plenty. How many 50th anniversary speedmaster released in 2009 are lingering around with their inflated prices and no buyers, plenty. How many buyers are putting down deposits on the DSotm Apollo 8 release, not much love for that piece!

A speedmaster based around an obscure Tv syfy.character, is not one of the great speedmaster and all the talking up of this piece will not change that. The original Ultraman speedy, similar to Heuer’s dark lord, are pieces of Watch history and the originals will always be sought after because of scarcity but too then tag re releases of these models from Omega etc looking to cash in with similar acclaim is purely hype or fanboys wet dream.

I would say that 75% of these Ultraman omega have been reserved by Speculators and dealers looking to fleece legitimate collectors and for what, a £1k!

Looking at this Ultraman, as with the original speedy Tuesday you always have a nagging feeling that it could have been better, some of the details could have been better executed and why no bracelet
    Last edited by Flasher; 14th July 2018 at 02:48. Reason: Details

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    It's the price gets me 4750 ouch speedy Tuesday was 4100. Next year 5100

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Omega just want 100% of the money can’t see these sell £1k over list with out a bracelet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    Omega just want 100% of the money can’t see these sell £1k over list with out a bracelet.
    The first one did, and still does.

Unlike a couple of posts above, I just can’t see 50%, never mind the 70% and 75% quoted arbitrarily above, being bought by speculators - they is actually a good market of people who actually buy and keep their Omega watches - hard to believe I know.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Unlike a couple of posts above, I just can’t see 50%, never mind the 70% and 75% quoted arbitrarily above, being bought by speculators - they is actually a good market of people who actually buy and keep their Omega watches - hard to believe I know.
    Supppse it depends to some extent on what these go for on the pre-owned market? Sorry to keep mentioning the Snoopy, but even the most avid Speedmaster lover would be sorely tempted to sell the way those things have shot up. The same could apply to the Ultraman if the demand is there.

I don't see the issue with Omega naming the watch Ultraman, watch collectors give watches stupid names anyway like Hulk or Kermit. Only Omega acknowledges it and packages it accordingly.

Robert-Jan said: ↑
    Delivery will start in August, not unit by unit. Omega took their measurements based on ST1. The issue there had to due with the dial and case production (especially the latter).
    These will be hitting the secondary market pretty hard this time around I think(not to mention speculators not going through with purchases for this reason), those that didn't get an order in should be fine for very getting calls from the list or buying very close to RRP I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I don't see the issue with Omega naming the watch Ultraman, watch collectors give watches stupid names anyway like Hulk or Kermit. Only Omega acknowledges it and packages it accordingly.
    Which is just marketing...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    These will be hitting the secondary market pretty hard this time around I think(not to mention speculators not going through with purchases for this reason), those that didn't get an order in should be fine for very getting calls from the list or buying very close to RRP I suspect.
    I’ve got no vested interest but I think it’ll be quite the opposite.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    I would be willing to bet that a good number of these will resell for well in excess of £1k+ over list.

Does anyone know where to get that NATO strap not at Omega pricing ?
    Last edited by njr911; 21st July 2018 at 13:29.

Any ideas when these are due to be delivered?

I keep considering cancelling mine - many other things around the house that are really a higher priority.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Miocene View Post
    Any ideas when these are due to be delivered?

I keep considering cancelling mine - many other things around the house that are really a higher priority.
    From what weve seen the deliveries are ongoing. weve seen 3 on ebay already, one sold. theres a thread "omega ultraman"

Thanks - didn't spot that thread :)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Miocene View Post
    Thanks - didn't spot that thread :)
    no worries