closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not another Speedy Tuesday?

Not another Speedy Tuesday?

Did anyone get the email this morning say #happy Speedy Tuesday showing the white hour and minute hands with a red second hand?
    Looks like another one might be on the horizon.

Master
    Yes, also received it.
    FFS - give it a rest!

Well, plenty more days in the week. They will keep making them if you keep buying them.

Pics

Any chance you could post some photos please.

Missed out on the last issue.

Here
    We
    Go

Quote Originally Posted by shyewei View Post
    Any chance you could post some photos please.

Missed out on the last issue.
    You are not missing much, white hands red second hand is the only image available at the moment.

anyone want to talk about potential residuals??
    I will get my coat...

I'd read they were doing another one. I was hoping for a reverse of the current model, white dial, black sub dials.

With white hands it'll be another black dial version.

Q: Name a tool for measuring how many special editions per unit of time Omega can produce
    A: A tachymètre

Craftsman
    Not sure what there is to complain about, let them crack on. There’s bound to be loads of people (perhaps over the pond...) that snap it up.

Yeah, I got that. An updated ultraman?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

It may be me or the shadows but that black strip does not look that central to me!

Well I love a flash of red in my watches so happy to give it benefit of the doubt until we’ve seen it.

As long as pricing is sensible as with last years ST then might be worth a punt at around £4K.

And at least we’ll go in with eyes open this time.

The long delivery schedules, average customer service responses and some poor quality control it could take the edge off the clamour this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I posted about this a couple of months ago - was told by the manager of one of the London OBs that they were briefed on it. She didn't have any idea what form it would take though as that had been kept under wraps, but was told they were holding off until all of the first STs had found their way to customers.

Hmm. White hands, Red chrono hand. Reverse Alaska Project?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I'd read they were doing another one. I was hoping for a reverse of the current model, white dial, black sub dials.

With white hands it'll be another black dial version.
    I wouldn't put practicality at the forefront of their priorities with something like this. Maybe white dial with red subdials and red subdial hands. Just because it's a combination they haven't used before (for good reason) but they've run out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    Q: Name a tool for measuring how many special editions per unit of time Omega can produce
    A: A tachymètre
    Very good

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisance Value View Post
    Yeah, I got that. An updated ultraman?
    I would say you are correct.

I heard there was an Ultraman coming.

I don't care so much I probably couldn't be arsed going on the waiting list even if I knew as soon as it arrived I could sell it for £1k profit. I'm sure there will be lots and lots and lots of people who'll buy the watch, wait months for it to arrive and suddenly realise they don't want it and specifically don't want it for any less than a grand over list price.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I heard there was an Ultraman coming.

I don't care so much I probably couldn't be arsed going on the waiting list even if I knew as soon as it arrived I could sell it for £1k profit. I'm sure there will be lots and lots and lots of people who'll buy the watch, wait months for it to arrive and suddenly realise they don't want it and specifically don't want it for any less than a grand over list price.
    There are an awful lot of people who work a lot of hours to earn a grand (me included). I'd love to be in a position where my hourly rate was £1000 per hour, or even a £1000 per day. But it isn't, so when an opportunity presents itself to make a £1k profit for buying and selling an item, which in real time probably equates to an hour of effort why not? Obviously we've a lot of mortgage free members where and additional thousand in the bank makes little difference to their lives, I'm not one of those. A grand to me could be; a short break, 4 tyres, a month less on the mortgage payments, 4 moths car payments and so on...

So for the sake of putting my email address in a waiting list form, I will.

As for the watch the needle second hand look like it could for a racing dial model.

Given that Foxy100 isn’t living the life of Jay-Z or Kanye, I’d wager he is commenting on the song and dance that goes along with the ability to make a profit.

If you want to profit from buying a product that is higher demand than supply, so be it; however, I know, speaking for myself, I get tired of the myriad of excuses that get wheeled out for why it is now up for sale. It would be a lot less frustrating to simply hear people say: I bought this because I could and want to sell it because I can make more than I bought it for. Instead we get the sales pitch and justification.
    Last edited by AM94; 10th July 2018 at 11:11.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Confirmed Ultraman - £4750

https://www.fratellowatches.com/spee...ay-2-ultraman/

I like it, but not £4750 worth of like.

I just placed my order for #79

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Confirmed Ultraman - £4750

https://www.fratellowatches.com/spee...ay-2-ultraman/

I like it, but not £4750 worth of like.
    Its more than that, it shows over 6k eur..

Oof.. DON bezel!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

They really have developed the fauxtina... its got a lot a variation in the colour.

Not sure the Ultraman silhouette works overly well.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    Its more than that, it shows over 6k eur..
    Not according to the confirmation page - it was under 6500CHF and when I went to the next page it said £4750.

The DoN bezel looks like it has a matt finish, the vintage Speedy speculators are safe for now I think
    Last edited by Scepticalist; 10th July 2018 at 11:20.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I like it and have just reserved a piece just like all the other dealers on here.

When in Rome...........

Website crashed as i pressed the button to confirm my details and reserve a number.. ah well.

I like it, love a bit of orange.

Craftsman
    It comes with a UV lamp. CSI style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All allocated in any case.

This watch looks fantastic.

Just reserved one. Email confirmation says from mid-august for collection.

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post

I kept the page open that said that and it changed to allow me to reserve one after a few minutes (I didn't get to pick my number though).

missed out again all gone

Master
    Keep trying, initially it said they’d all gone but trying again at 11.32 I managed to get one reserved.

I like it alot which I didn't expect as I never really understood the appeal of the original Ultraman other than it being so rare. When I saw the image of the red second hand I thought I was out, but this is almost a Japan Speedy Racing and looks great IMO.

I've reserved but the way things are I very much doubt I'll be able to go through with it. I will be hopeful though and see what happens when it comes around. Disappointed no bracelet again especially with the increased price over the ST.

I got stuck on the final button. Would not submit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Not according to the confirmation page - it was under 6500CHF and when I went to the next page it said £4750.

The DoN bezel looks like it has a matt finish, the vintage Speedy speculators are safe for now I think
    Its on the speedytuesday website post

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post

They're freeing up as people fail to confirm. I just reserved one for a friend a couple of minutes ago.

The Ultraman lume is the letdown for me... looks more like a blob or an odd ghost.

Bizarre watch.

Craftsman
    I reckon more will become available after 12 as you are meant to confirm reservations via email within 1 hour which no doubt some folk won’t realise or do.

Love it, but looks like I've missed out again!

All my details entered then wouldn’t let me proceed 😤😤

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    To be honest, I doubt this will give buyers a quick buck in the same way that the original ST did. Look at the 60th release - there was a lot of hype around those, and suggestions that they'd sell for £2-3k over list. The reality, however, was that it wasn't easy to even sell at RRP. No profit to be made there (I should know, I sold mine and it took a while!).

i just receive email at 11.30 to reserve on but they all gone!!omega are funny!!

Master
    The US is going to be annoyed again!

Well I really like the colour combo and Ltd Ed or not it would be a watch I would seriously consider adding to the collection .......but sadly like others I was a few mins too late.

Doubt I would pay £1000-£2000 over list and seeing how quickly the market softened for the original ST then most prospective buyers will no doubt feel the same way.........even more so the dealers who were very wary of their profits eroding.

So we might miss out today but suspect there will be plenty available on Sales Corner before the end of the year!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    i just receive email at 11.30 to reserve on but they all gone!!omega are funny!!
    Same here - can’t say I’m overly disappointed though it’s not much of a looker!

Quote Originally Posted by swatch View Post
    I got stuck on the final button. Would not submit.
    Bit of patience and change of browser and I got one 30 mins later.

Craftsman
    I like an orange seconds hand as much as the next man, but I wish they had restrained themselves a bit - the red on the bezel and on the 30' counter track are superfluous, and the glow in the dark Ultraman lume very much ruins the impression of a serious watch. I may get used to it, but while ST1 was very much a design triumph for me, this one seems to operate on a different premise. If it was a conscious decision and people like it, that's great, but Omega can be directionless at times when it comes to design, and I hope they didn't just pile on "Ultraman stuff" until there was no longer any room ...