closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The kindness (and generosity) of strangers

The kindness (and generosity) of strangers

Yesterday was a good day. Like many young lads in Cheshire, my grandson (7) has been avid Manchester City fan for a while. His hero is Erling Haaland (of course) and he asked for the City kit for his Christmas present last year. In terms of getting to see the team play, I hadn't the first idea about how to get hold of these ticekts in the digital age.

Several months ago I put a WTB request in here for Manchester City tickets. A kind TZ member contacted me and has led me through the whole process of applying for the Cityzen's membership. Through his friendship group, he has made a couple of tickets available for yesterday's game against Everton.

So, yesterday morning my grandson and I got the train from Crewe to Manchester. We shared a taxi with another gentleman to the Etihad. During the journey, we had a chat and, when he found out that it was my grandson's first football match, he insisted on paying for the taxi! Thank you to him.

We really enjoyed the game. Haaland scored twice which made my grandson's day even better. We walked out of the stadium and another gentleman offered him his matchday programme as a memento of his day. Thanks you to him too.

Finally, huge thanks to our TZ friend who has made all of this a reality for my grandson. He has been so kind and generous with his time and even refused payment for the tickets yesterday so that my grandson could benefit from my purchasing the associated City paraphernalia.

The whole day restored somewhat my faith in humanity. We experienced so much kindness and generosity from 'strangers' yesterday. It was a very special day. Thanks to all involved. Here's a pictures of the young lad at his first football match (complete with chips, hat and scarf of course!).

And here's my hero from the Manchester City team. The charity that I work for, Restore the Music UK, has been working with Nathan Ake on his donation of ten pianos to Manchester schools. We arranged the distribution of these (thanks to Casio for their help) and here's a picture of Nathan with children from East Manchester Academy (reported on ITV a couple of days ago too - https://www.itv.com/watch/news/manch...e-city/5sr21v0). Nathan was so kind and generous with his time during the morning. A classy guy all round.

Craftsman
    Wonderful..brightened up a dreary Sunday for me.

Master
    That’s a great story.

I think football supporters get a bad press because of the activities of a minority. There are a lot of very decent fans and it’s nice to see them getting some limelight for a change.

Blog Entries
    Lovely…. You only go to your first match once…. It’s great that it was a lovely experience!

Grand Master
    Cool Story, Let’s have more like it
    RIAC

So happy for you both, such a memorable day made possible by friendly and helpful people is a precious thing.

There are more good people in the world than bad. Sadly, it's usually the bad that get the publicity; so it's great to hear about some good people for a change and no wonder your grandson enjoyed his day.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

What a lovely heartwarming story.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Your grandson is going to remember that for a long time (nt)

No text

Journeyman
    How nice to hear your grandson had the dream day. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Something really nice to read amongst all the doom and gloom.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Craftsman
    A genuinely lovely story to read, we definitely need more like this

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

The kindness (and generosity) of strangers

Great stuff. You never forget your first football match. Grandad for the win!

A top TZ-UK story