closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 38 of 38

Thread: Seiko SLA019

  1. #1

    Seiko SLA019

    Picked mine up today,worked out well considering itís my birthday on Saturday (happy birthday too me),and the missus is fine with it only being a seiko,good job sheís not into seiko.
    On to the watch ,first thing that you notice when itís on is the weight,itís a rate chunk,Iíve never had the black version,so didnít realise how big these were ,Iíd probably say itís like a dssd in size and weight,but I do go for big watches so that suits me.
    In terms of case finish and quality you canít complain Iíd definitely say itís up there with more expensive pieces.
    The bracelet feels well made and does have some polished parts on the centre links,the clasp on this does have micro adjustment but itís no where as smooth as on a dssd (not sure if the old model had this ).when you look at it in s dull room itís hard to tell the face and bezel are green,put a bit of sun on it and the face really does shine,one of the reasons I never bothered getting a black one was due to it being black ,but if they are essentially the same watch ,a second hand one represents great value.
    The bezel on this version is ceramic and the case and bracelet have a scratch resistant coating,the crystal also has anti glare coating.
    Not sure how accurate it will be but Iíd expect it to be good and itís obviously got great lume .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    1,259
    Am tempted by these but with another incoming I really do not have the spare funds.
    Where did you buy from ?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    Am tempted by these but with another incoming I really do not have the spare funds.
    Where did you buy from ?
    Seiko boutique London


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Craftsman Derivative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    794
    Very nice, congrats on the purchase.
    I have the black dialled one, SBDX017.
    Is it essentially the same watch but with different colours and materials? Or are the dimensions different? Is the movement the same?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Loving mine too! I don't know why they didn't lume the bezel triangle the same way they did some of the numbers on the bezel, it is pretty much just rough, raw lume in the triangle.


    [IMG][/IMG]

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Derivative View Post
    Very nice, congrats on the purchase.
    I have the black dialled one, SBDX017.
    Is it essentially the same watch but with different colours and materials? Or are the dimensions different? Is the movement the same?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dimensions and movement are the same I think


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Whats the damage on this model - i was hoping they would put in a ceramic bezel !

    cheers

    matt

  8. #8
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Carlton Colville, England
    Posts
    2,143

    Seiko SLA019



    Iíve got both and they are pretty identical in terms of bracelet etc!
    The only difference is the green obviously but the lume is a different colour, the seconds hand is gold on the green one which is a real winner!!!
    In standard light it almost looks black in certain situations but when the sun is on it oh my itís a stunner !!
    I do almost prefer the black versions bezel and crystal or maybe thatís just me being used to it??
    Iíve always seen these as small due to how small the actual dial is I think but I am 6í2Ē and 17stone so itís not exactly massive on me? The weight side just makes it rotate sometimes on the wrist due to how top heavy it is??

    I absolutely love these and they have even made me get rid of some top end divers etc as I just wonít wear them whilst these two are here?!? Still not sure I should keep both but surprisingly enough they are different enough to maybe warrant keeping both?


    The lume is amazing and also adds to the whole feel of the watch!!!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Craftsman Derivative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Dimensions and movement are the same I think


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Carlton Colville, England
    Posts
    2,143

    A lot

    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Whats the damage on this model - i was hoping they would put in a ceramic bezel !

    cheers

    matt
    They are a fair bit more than the black version at £2900 but after having revived it they are worth it and I presume most people got a discount even by default due to codes being used on order etc?!?

    I would love to make this a keeper as I think it will age beautifully!

    Chris

  11. #11
    Craftsman Derivative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post


    Iíve got both and they are pretty identical in terms of bracelet etc!
    The only difference is the green obviously but the lume is a different colour, the seconds hand is gold on the green one which is a real winner!!!
    In standard light it almost looks black in certain situations but when the sun is on it oh my itís a stunner !!
    I do almost prefer the black versions bezel and crystal or maybe thatís just me being used to it??
    Iíve always seen these as small due to how small the actual dial is I think but I am 6í2Ē and 17stone so itís not exactly massive on me? The weight side just makes it rotate sometimes on the wrist due to how top heavy it is??

    I absolutely love these and they have even made me get rid of some top end divers etc as I just wonít wear them whilst these two are here?!? Still not sure I should keep both but surprisingly enough they are different enough to maybe warrant keeping both?


    The lume is amazing and also adds to the whole feel of the watch!!!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the insightful comparison.
    I think you should keep both, thatís what a collection is all about :)

    What rubber strap is that in the last pic by the way?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Carlton Colville, England
    Posts
    2,143

    One with it

    Itís the strap that it came with which is so soft and smooth itís sublime!!
    I know some donít like the rubber straps but this one I find fantastic and now I want another for my standard MM300!
    Iím guessing itís a mixture of silicon and rubber but itís so comfortable!!!

    Chris

  13. #13
    Craftsman Derivative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post
    Itís the strap that it came with which is so soft and smooth itís sublime!!
    I know some donít like the rubber straps but this one I find fantastic and now I want another for my standard MM300!
    Iím guessing itís a mixture of silicon and rubber but itís so comfortable!!!

    Chris
    Thanks Chris - would love to get my hands on one for my 017. Off hunting!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    9,724
    I really want to love this, and very happy for you OP, but those hands and the price just completely put me off.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Whats the damage on this model - i was hoping they would put in a ceramic bezel !

    cheers

    matt
    It does have a ceramic bezel,I got mine from boutique and paid full rrp £2900,itís not cheap for a seiko but sometimes you have to just think f### it or youíll never buy owt


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Grand Master seikopath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    29,768
    It's much, much harder than it looks to get coloured dials to work well on a watch, and i think seiko have succeeded admirably with this one.

    Wear those bad boys in good health.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Carlton Colville, England
    Posts
    2,143


    Once handled I donít care what it cost as the quality is stunning and I love the hands, I love my original MM300 so for me this is the icing on the cake and has ignited a love for Seiko I didnít realise I had!! Iíve even been looking at various GS models which is not like me but I am loving the GMT with the black bezel?!?!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Master SeanST150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    2,238
    Mick, it looks great. Good to bunp into you in the boutique as you were buying it.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Mick, it looks great. Good to bunp into you in the boutique as you were buying it.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Yes good to see you ,did you pick up a gs,small world tzers everywhere


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Master SeanST150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    2,238
    Yes mate, I picked this up and loving it. The finishing is something else and the sizing is perfect.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,997
    Just received the delivery!


  22. #22
    Master mindforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,170
    It comes with Seiko Prospex knife?!

  23. #23
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    It comes with Seiko Prospex knife?!
    The knife comes with the SLA025 on the left.
    The SLA019 is on the right.

  24. #24
    Master Yorkshiremadmick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Yorkshire man in Northumberland
    Posts
    1,862
    Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Just received the delivery!

    Wowser that's a real package
    With a divers knife too.

    EnJoY


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Yes mate, I picked this up and loving it. The finishing is something else and the sizing is perfect.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Tidy ,they really are up there with some of the best watches that command an higher price


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #26
    I do like a nice box and thatís the only thing that lets it down


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,147
    Got my name down for a highly limited Thai market Zimbe MM300 ceramic/sapphire

    Canít wait!!!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Got my name down for a highly limited Thai market Zimbe MM300 ceramic/sapphire

    Canít wait!!!


    It is looking good, saw that pic earlier. Interesting dial..
    Started this a few days ago..

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...09-Zimbe-MM300

  29. #29
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Got my name down for a highly limited Thai market Zimbe MM300 ceramic/sapphire

    Canít wait!!!
    Is ceramic confirmed ????

  30. #30
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    133
    sorry for the newbie question. is the SLA19 the successor to the MM? MM is on my wish list but i would need to sell a few to get one.

  31. #31
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,147
    Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    Is ceramic confirmed ????
    It is on the Zimbe and the mainstream mm300 probably will have ceramic bezel I'd assume once it's released.

    Only 400 of these Zimbes being released

  32. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Only 400 of these Zimbes being released
    Have you seen a picture of the whole watch Ryan?

  33. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by emo72 View Post
    sorry for the newbie question. is the SLA19 the successor to the MM? MM is on my wish list but i would need to sell a few to get one.
    No, it is a limited edition. I'm pretty sure there will be a new black MM300 in the future.

  34. #34
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    1,259
    I saw some comments on watchuseek that because there is a pip not a triangle then it could well be metal insert and not ceramic. A fair point but will have to wait and see I guess.

  35. #35
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,147
    Quote Originally Posted by minkle View Post
    Have you seen a picture of the whole watch Ryan?
    No but I try to collect all the Zimbes particularly as I have regular access to Thailand and they can be purchased at a decent discount. So even if it had a picture of Donald Trump on the dial I'd probably still buy it if it was a Zimbe :)

  36. #36
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,997

  37. #37
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    2,088
    Number 908 now lives with me, the green is stunning...

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  38. #38
    Grand Master seikopath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    29,768
    Likey, wantneed
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information