closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: WIS... funny old game. Big watch content.

Master

WIS... funny old game. Big watch content.

It really is a funny old game, but also understandable if you understand the silliness of WISdom.

I've had my PAM368 up for sale as I really could do with the funds being deployed elsewhere. It's not sold here, and I was all set to bung it on Chrono24 for a lot more than it was here, and to do this I had to get it out of the box, to take pics at specific times. So what happened next - I put it on my wrist and decided I'm keeping it. Changed the strap to a new one I picked up recently and it feels like I've a new pick-up, having not worn it for a few months.

What I find fascinating is just how much I'm enjoying 47mm Panerais. My wrist is only around 6.8", although anyone who knows me wil confirm I'm not exactly a slender chap, but I find that whilst 47mm does have presence it's also not completely ridiculous. I have three 47mm PAMs and each one has received unprompted compliments. It reminds me of when I had one of Eddie's Precista 'Italians' many years ago (basically a Radiomir in design) and that was the most complimented watch I've ever had - and I've had a few.

Here they are and in full rotation this week:

PAM368

PAM389

PAM687

For anyone interested in how 47mm wears - see this post https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...highlight=47mm

Love them, had a 47mm 172 for a while and really liked it. Sold it for a Seadweller and while I don’t regret it, I do miss the 172, would love to afford to have both.
    Cheers..
    Jase

I can see why you decided to hang on to that Pam 368 Alun, of the three Pam’s pictured that one looks by far the nicest in my humblest of opinions. Ditto to regarding the point raised in the introduction of your post, my watches always look at their very best when I’ve boxed it up ready for someone else, they look even more stunning when I see them on their wrist some time later......

Master
    Another big fan of 47mm PAMs here. I have a 587 and just got my 422 back from Panerai after warranty work. When collecting it I tried on the 389, which was nice, a 721 which was very nice, and a 614 which was amazing. And I mean amazing. Just too much cash for me with my recent spending.
    Btw love that new strap on the 368 Alun.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    Never tried a 47mm, not even tried on but feel I should. Think my 44mm ones are just right but something about the full 47 I think I need to try.

My wrists are similar size but I think with only being 5’8 and 74kg I’m possibly going to look like I can’t carry it off. It’s all about balance really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47mm are interesting - but I think slightly too big for me, though this being titanium will help in wearability.

It's still the last type of pam I need to try - the 305 has always appealed - I reckon 47mm wears better with subs come to think of it.

The 687 is wonderful.

Lucky fella.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Master
    Thanks folks.

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    I can see why you decided to hang on to that Pam 368 Alun, of the three Pam’s pictured that one looks by far the nicest in my humblest of opinions. Ditto to regarding the point raised in the introduction of your post, my watches always look at their very best when I’ve boxed it up ready for someone else, they look even more stunning when I see them on their wrist some time later......
    And I thought you coveted the 687.
    PS the GMT looked stunning on the wrist if the last buyer.... Suited him better than me. Let's see it as a public service.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Btw love that new strap on the 368 Alun.
    I'm pleased with it. Bit of a NOS Panerai OEM I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    47mm are interesting - but I think slightly too big for me, though this being titanium will help in wearability.

It's still the last type of pam I need to try - the 305 has always appealed - I reckon 47mm wears better with subs come to think of it.
    I agree with that. The 389 wears incredibly well and I reckon a 305 would be similar.