closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko SLA025 - buy at RRP?

Seiko SLA025 - buy at RRP?

I paid my deposit to Jura in March, assuming I’d be able to use my Piviledge card when it came to paying the balance, but yesterday Jura said I had to pay the full £5,000, because it was a limited edition watch and they had a very large reserve list. My watch is in stock.
    They called when I was very busy at work so I didn’t even think to point out they are currently offering 10% off on all online purchases anyway. I emailed last night on that point, so I’ll see what they say today, but what’s the collective view on these?
    I know £5,000 is a chunk of cash, but I love the design and they are going to be rare, plus the originals have shot up in value. I’m not trying to flip this for a quick profit, but I do have form of selling “a few” watches over the years and would rather not take a massive bath on this one if/when I do sell.
    Last edited by andy tims; 4th July 2018 at 07:29.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I'm just of the view - if you like it, and you have enough of that disposable trinket wonga available, then just buy it. I think it looks gorgeous.

Buying newly released watches with the intention of them as investments with guaranteed rewards though i think is a fools game, for more reasons than one. I know there are plenty on here that do it, and I'm not suggesting that those that buy new to make money off watches are necessarily fools, but it is just not for me. Buying becuase you personally like something and want to own it, and buying with the idea to sell on later as an investment can converge but its easy to confound your motivations... . personally think it runs the risk of ruining the personal enjoyment of the hobby and secondly i think that 9 times out of 10 it is man maths at play.
    Last edited by seikopath; 4th July 2018 at 08:17.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    As Dave says how much do you want it, I don’t follow Seiko but assume even being a ltd edition it’s unlikely you’ll make on it if you flip and it’s a damage limitation exercise?

If so is it a subconscious warning that its not a keeper or just an annoyance at Jura not acting honourably, if the later and the cost difference is manageable then why not?

Andy, I think the chaps above have some summed it up well.

You say that you "love the design" and, although it is a lot of money, my attitude is that if you can afford it, and you love it, why not buy it. You'e not a horrendous flipper and you've owned similar watches before, so you're not buying blind; therefore, I don't see it as one you'll immediately want to shift. Given the LE nature of it, I'd imagine you'd loose a little, if anything, should you decide it isn't for you in the short term. Depending on what happens with the watch market vultures, you may even find that they are commanding a premium.

It is a good looking watch and I can see why you put your name down. I'd wager that the fact Jura are not offering any incentives is clouding the issue and in reality, I'd suggest that if you thought it was worth £5k when you put your name down, then it is still worth that to you now.

You only live once!

Have you thought about buying one overseas? In the past I’ve made purchases in person abroad to get s better deal even when I figure in cost of flights and accommodation. List price in the USA is $5400 roughly £4114 so a purchase through a friend stateside or even a quick trip to NYC would be worth the price of the flight. Jura will of course know this and might adjust pricing accordingly if they know you are prepared to obtain one at a fairer price elsewhere. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MintG View Post
    obtain one at a fairer price elsewhere. Just a thought.
    Tax avoidance is the solution!

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Tax evasion is the solution!
    FTFY

Thanks gents.

Ordered.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Did you get it?

Yes. It arrived whilst I was away at Classic Le Mans.

Just opening it & it's very nice. Does not wear anyway near as big as I feared it would.

I still might not keep it though.
    Last edited by andy tims; 9th July 2018 at 19:57.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Seiko SLA025 - buy at RRP?

Update gents to say I’ve just landed one BNIB at £3600 in Thailand. Of the total global allocation of 1500 Thailand has got 287 of them (!) hence deals can be had as the market in Thailand for people spending that amount of wedge on a Prospex is small.

That’s a 15% RRP discount - it just so happens that the UK RRP is higher than elsewhere as the Thai RRP of 189k baht is around £4300.

At £3600 it’s a no brainer. At £5k UK RRP that’s got to be a very confident buyer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanb741; 20th July 2018 at 18:02.

I think,they look awesome, and much better than the new MM300 releases.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I think,they look awesome, and much better than the new MM300 releases.
    TBF it should do for the price compared to other MM300's...

Totally different watch to the standard MM. It is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    TBF it should do for the price compared to other MM300's...
    Not much in it looking at the price of the green MM300

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Not much in it looking at the price of the green MM300
    £5000 vs £2900 thats enough of a difference for most, still it is a looker...

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    £5000 vs £2900 thats enough of a difference for most, still it is a looker...
    At full retail. But the reality is a little different.