closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Turtle Time

Apprentice

Turtle Time

Ordered my first turtle a few weeks ago, and got it on the cheap thanks to someone posting a Hot UK Deals link on here. Absolutely love it. Quality wee watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great on the strap - classic Turtle.
    If that was the Ernest Jones deal I've hopefully got mine arriving today and the £100 voucher they issue later should cover the Citizen BN0118 later in the year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    That was the exact deal. As I hadn’t signed up to the mailing list yet, another 10% discount too. Absolute bargain. If you need any link removed then try it yourself. It took them 45 mins and two other jewellers before they told me to come back the next day for it

Craftsman
    Great strap combination, looks a spot on colour match!

Master
    I really like the blue one. Nearly bought one in Barbados in March for £230ish, wish I had now.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    I really like the blue one. Nearly bought one in Barbados in March for £230ish, wish I had now.
    Just had a look at it online. Really nice Would have been a bargain too!

Great watches. Padi for me. Changing straps all the time: rubber, NATO, jubilee.

Apprentice
    Nice. I’ve just started my collection. Now that I’ve got three watches I’m looking to mix them up with different straps.

Master
    That's a lovely watch/strap combi.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    That's a lovely watch/strap combi.
    Cheers Stef. First strap I found seemed to be the ideal one

Master
    Blog Entries
    These are great watches plus you seem to have a straight one.

Turtle Time

Sure enough mine arrived yesterday so a few initial thoughts on my first Turtle.
    1. The first thing that struck me was the sheer size and weight of the watch; I've not tried but I'm fairly sure you could hammer tent pegs in with it! I was glad that the crown was recessed into the case at 1600 to avoid it digging into the back of my hand in daily wear.
    2. The second thing was the build quality; everything lines up on the dial, the bezel turns firmly but smoothly with no play in it. The polished and brushed areas all work together very well and the curved sides work well to mitigate the overall thickness of the case.
    3. Aesthetically the steel, Matt black dial and gold combination work well adding depth to the dial; for me they accentuate the vintage design heritage of the watch. At night, the lume paint is well applied and glows like a torch in case you were wondering why it stayed light so long last night!
    4. The watch started up with a couple of winds and has kept to +/-0 seconds over the first 24 hours making a mockery of many more expensive watches that I've had the pleasure of owning over the years. The stops on the crown were all clear although I did find the feeling of it continuing to wind as you screwed the crown down slightly unsettling - is this normal with the 4R36?
    5. The day and date moved over smoothly overnight, however I do prefer a quicker change. This said, I don't usually stay awake to watch a date change so it's not really an issue.
    6. The bracelet is comfortable on the wrist with a couple of links removed the watch seem to lose some of its bulk and the short lug to lug length also helps with comfort on the wrist. The clasp works firmly with an additional safety clasp for security and changes should be a breeze with the drilled lugs.
    For just a shade over £200 New from an AD in the sale this watch represents incredible value for money for someone looking for a vintage inspired mechanical watch.
    Will it get my Doxa off my wrist for long enough to offer a long-term wear report is another question entirely
    I hope that you didn't mind my ramblings about my first Turtle and here it is:

Last edited by adg31; 4th July 2018 at 16:12.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    Sure enough mine arrived yesterday so a few initial thoughts on my first Turtle.
    1. The first thing that struck me was the sheer size and weight of the watch; I've not tried but I'm fairly sure you could hammer tent pegs in with it! I was glad that the crown was recessed into the case at 1600 to avoid it digging into the back of my hand in daily wear.
    2. The second thing was the build quality; everything lines up on the dial, the bezel turns firmly but smoothly with no play in it. The polished and brushed areas all work together very well and the curved sides work well to mitigate the overall thickness of the case.
    3. Aesthetically the steel, Matt black dial and gold combination work well adding depth to the dial; for me they accentuate the vintage design heritage of the watch. At night, the lume paint is well applied and glows like a torch in case you were wondering why it stayed light so long last night!
    4. The watch started up with a couple of winds and has kept to +/-0 seconds over the first 24 hours making a mockery of many more expensive watches that I've had the pleasure of owning over the years. The stops on the crown were all clear although I did find the feeling of it continuing to wind as you screwed the crown down slightly unsettling - is this normal with the 4R36?
    5. The day and date moved over smoothly overnight, however I do prefer a quicker change. This said, I don't usually stay awake to watch a date change so it's not really an issue.
    6. The bracelet is comfortable on the wrist with a couple of links removed the watch seem to lose some of its bulk and the short lug to lug length also helps with comfort on the wrist. The clasp works firmly with an additional safety clasp for security and changes should be a breeze with the drilled lugs.
    For just a shade over £200 New from an AD in the sale this watch represents incredible value for money for someone looking for a vintage inspired mechanical watch.
    Will it get my Doxa off my wrist for long enough to offer a long-term wear report is another question entirely
    I hope that you didn't mind my ramblings about my first Turtle and here it is:

Excellent review. Enjoy. I’ve not had mine off me all week.