closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sinn 857 thoughts

Journeyman

Sinn 857 thoughts

New forum member here (actually I was a member back around 2009 but my account got converted to a guest account).

I have a small watch collection - Omega Speedy Pro 3750.50, Omega Seamaster 2254.50 and a Sinn 104. It's only recently that I bought the 104 which has become my day to day watch. I've enjoyed it so much that I'm looking to buy another Sinn piece and I'm currently thinking of the EZM 3 or 857 UTC. I don't plan to own more than 4 watches so want to chose carefully, specifically a model that complements the other watches.

Currently, leaning towards the 857 as I already have a diver in the 2254 (although I do like the look of the EZM 3). Anybody own a 857 UTC ? If so what are your thought on it ? Is the Testaf version worth the premium over the normal version (have to say I prefer the orange of the Testaf as I think the face looks less busy and particularly like the LH Cargo version) ? thx

Craftsman
    Welcome (back) to the forum Dougie, that's a nice collection you have there.

I don't have a 857 but the 857UTC is very high on the list of next buys. I think it looks the dogs dangly bits. I have a U1SDR which is fantastic and I think the 857 would complement it nicely. Good luck with the hunt!

Journeyman
    The U1 is another consideration. Initially, I didn't like the hands, but the watch has really grown on me as it's pretty unique. Ultimately though, I think it's probably a little large for me. Could still be tempted

Loads of great Sinn divers to pick from. Personally I prefer the 757 as the 857 seems a bit thin relative to the case diameter to me. U1 is also a cracking watch.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I have the non testaf 857 UTC. I love it, particularly the bright white hands, its a really clean and clear watch to read - they nailed the aircraft dial look. I also think I prefer the new orange colour over the green. The 757 is another cracker too, if you want a chrono.

Master
    The UTC versions all look overly busy to me, too many concentric circular markings, whereas the plain 857 looks so much simpler/better to my eyes.

Journeyman
    Hmm, now seriously considering a used U1. The comment about the 857 being busy and a little too thin for the case size were initial concerns I had. Think it will either be a U1 or EZM 3. I think I prefer the SDR bezel on the U1 though, however, I suspect it will be more susceptible to wear.

Don't forget to have a look for the 657 (857's smaller, less techy, but much cheaper brother) and if the EZM3 appeals, check out the 3F which has the advantage of removed dial numerals.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dougieb View Post
    Hmm, now seriously considering a used U1. The comment about the 857 being busy and a little too thin for the case size were initial concerns I had. Think it will either be a U1 or EZM 3. I think I prefer the SDR bezel on the U1 though, however, I suspect it will be more susceptible to wear.
    U1 4 me
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

U1 is a great watch. Can't go wrong with it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk