closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sinn UX, all I require

Master

Sinn UX, all I require

It’s an interesting transition I seem to be going through. I joined here a few years ago with an Omega Constellation that I wore daily since my 21st.

Then thanks to this place, a good few SKX & monsters appeared. I then learned that the 14060 that I wanted to buy for my 40th was changing to the fat case, so that got sped up into an earlier purchase.

Added to that were a couple of Panerai, Tudor BB and Pelagos, Scurfa and something I can’t remember.

Yet with the arrival of the UX a few months ago from Walter, I just have not worn anything else. Admittedly I sourced a bracelet and rubber strap & clasp for it, and it’s changed its look on a regular basis, but the others just aren’t getting a look in. Even toying with a U1 SDR.

Something about this watch just clicks with me, it feels perfect in every way. Well aside from making a mistake cutting the black rubber & now needing a new strap...very annoying & check out my WTB lol.

Even having had to buy a new clasp as the rivet snapped hasn’t put me off. And despite a girly 6.75” wrist, I think the large clap balances it perfectly for me on the wrist.

I’ve read lots of posts about one watch, and never thought that if I had to pick just one of mine to wear ongoing, that it would have been this.

And I’m still not bored of looking at the time from ridiculous angles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this and a Sinn 556 and you've got all you need for any situation.

It's an amazing watch.

I love my one, sold it once and got it back many years later :)

New and old together

The rubber looks fantastic - I’m a convert also to the material

Master
    Tony, as always photo is amazing! Out of all the watches, this is the one that just draws me in & has me staring at the dial.

Rusty, agree only really tried ISO or Seiko previously, but am loving this strap, just so comfy and even in this heat it’s caused no issue. Perhaps possibly less so after I find out how painful a new black one will be!

I just wonder if the U1 will disappoint given the love for the UX. I love the U1 hands as they are just so different to anything I own.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    I love my one, sold it once and got it back many years later :)
    Bazza that’s the first on a white rubber I’ve seen, how does it fair with dirt etc, looks an even better summer strap to the red!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post

Nice pic. Love the UX. And the older sibling

Master
    Having not worn mine for a while and having found it and worn it last night around the house I can concur. Yours looks great on the red Sinn rubber, I'm going to give that a try.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Having not worn mine for a while and having found it and worn it last night around the house I can concur. Yours looks great on the red Sinn rubber, I'm going to give that a try.

It was seeing an SDR like yours that inspired me to get the red, the photo had a black clasp too and looked great.

You’ve now got me wondering about an SDR UX instead of a U1 especially if I go with the crown at 11...is it different enough?! Hardly SKX prices to have a variety.

Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    New and old together
    Great watches but the air bubble inside the older model looks shockingly bad in my opinion. Does this happen much with these watches in general?

Master
    It was seeing an SDR like yours that inspired me to get the red, the photo had a black clasp too and looked great.

You’ve now got me wondering about an SDR UX instead of a U1 especially if I go with the crown at 11...is it different enough?! Hardly SKX prices to have a variety.

Matt, I owned an immaculate U1 for a while and whilst I loved it, and actually bought the red Sinn strap for it, I found it was always a tussle knowing which one to wear, UX or U1. The vast majority of the times the UX won so the U1 ended up going, I traded it for a Doxa which didn't last long either.
    Some hobby! The great thing about them though is they don't break the bank too much do they.

Craftsman
    Haha incredible you can read the time at that angle.

I'm a bit of a movement snob and not many quartz appeal, but this is definitely one!

Bazza that’s the first on a white rubber I’ve seen, how does it fair with dirt etc, looks an even better summer strap to the red!

Ive had it for many years and still looks like new chap any dirt just washes off it

Quote Originally Posted by Narc'd View Post
    Great watches but the air bubble inside the older model looks shockingly bad in my opinion. Does this happen much with these watches in general?
    Its going to need a service soon I think, the air bubble disappears within 5/10 mins of wearing it
    It only appears when you take it of and let it stand for some time

It looks absolutely fantastic on that red Sinn rubber strap, a perfect summer combo.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I have an EZM2 on the way so really looking forward to seeing the dial through oil, also have my eye on a few straps..

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    I think this and a Sinn 556 and you've got all you need for any situation.

I thought that when I had a UX and a 656. Then I spied a Damasko DC67 . . .
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Great watch the DC67 I had one plus a DC66 for years but my oil filled UX has outlasted them when something had to go but then I do have other chronos.

Craftsman
    I do like sinn on rubber regret sell mine. I had a 104st on rubber I thought in was the business.

Craftsman
    Really want a UX!
    Please share more photos.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Faiz View Post
    Really want a UX!
    Please share more photos.

One just popped up on SC

Craftsman
    One just popped up on SC

I want the one with the black bezel unfortunately.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Faiz View Post
    I want the one with the black bezel unfortunately.

Ah yes UX SDR...my next one too!

Ah yes UX SDR...my next one too!

Another option would be to buy the SDR bezel and simply swap them yourself :)

3 (or possibly 4) little grub screws secure the bezels from memory.

Master
    Fitted my new red Sinn rubber very striking, I think I prefer it to the black rubber for now anyway....although the bracelet is still my favourite.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Relativity View Post
    Another option would be to buy the SDR bezel and simply swap them yourself :)

3 (or possibly 4) little grub screws secure the bezels from memory.
    Yes, did consider that, but couldn’t get any view on screwdriver size & all of mine are too large.

Master
    Fitted my new red Sinn rubber very striking, I think I prefer it to the black rubber for now anyway....although the bracelet is still my favourite.

That’s the boy, damn it looks good, Paul.

Is it just me or are the rubber straps the hardest things to locate into the lug holes, takes me a good 10 mins to change as keep missing & it pops out. Any technique I’m missing?

I sometimes feel the bracelet sounds plasticy when it rattles slightly, normally as driving. A very strange sound indeed.

Master
    That’s the boy, damn it looks good, Paul.

Is it just me or are the rubber straps the hardest things to locate into the lug holes, takes me a good 10 mins to change as keep missing & it pops out. Any technique I’m missing?

I sometimes feel the bracelet sounds plasticy when it rattles slightly, normally as driving. A very strange sound indeed.

It's not just you Matt, it's the same for me and I ended up stabbing my own finger with the screwdriver!
    The bracelet is so much easier to fit and I tend to wear it reasonably snug so no rattles.
    I'm pleased with how it looks, very summery

Master
    It's not just you Matt, it's the same for me and I ended up stabbing my own finger with the screwdriver!
    The bracelet is so much easier to fit and I tend to wear it reasonably snug so no rattles.
    I'm pleased with how it looks, very summery
    Damn, was hoping for some guiding light vs my attempts. Yes bracelet is so much easier, it only rattles when I’m driving, assuming my wrist shrinks slightly from the air con blowing on it.

Master
    Well despite the UX being the only one I ‘might’ need, and trying to stop buying more...there is another incoming.

What better to compliment the UX than a UX SDR with crown at 11. Will be selling some SKX and a Monster plus a few other bits to lower the cost of change, but really looking forward to the new one!

Thanks Paul!

Matt

Journeyman
    Red rubber strap looks great

The colours in the UX make the new Redstone strap from Haveston a great match as a light summer strap.
    http://haveston.com/hav060.html
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    The colours in the UX make the new Redstone strap from Haveston a great match as a light summer strap.
    http://haveston.com/hav060.html
    I love the extra piece under the strap though, the keeper at 6 side balances a nato for me. Tried the RAF style and doesn’t work for me unfortunately.
    Looks a great strap though.

Master
    Well despite the UX being the only one I ‘might’ need, and trying to stop buying more...there is another incoming.

What better to compliment the UX than a UX SDR with crown at 11. Will be selling some SKX and a Monster plus a few other bits to lower the cost of change, but really looking forward to the new one!

Thanks Paul!

Matt

Something to wet your appetite Matt!
    Happy memories on the beach in the scorching sunshine.
    Edited to add, it smacks all the second markers as well!!

Last edited by Cat7; 19th July 2018 at 21:03.

Master
    Something to wet your appetite Matt!

Thinking I prefer this significantly more than the normal one, the black bezel just really works. Makes the red seem to pop more.

Will need to clear out some of the straps though, as I’m now doubled up on red & black rubber, 2 large clasps and 2 bracelets!

Master
    Looks fantastic Matt, I definitely prefer it but then I'm biased. Look after it for me
    I had that red strap on my old U1 and that looked great as well, you'll have to try one of those next
    PS is your other one a chronometer like the SDR

Master
    Cheers Paul.

Think all the UX models are chronometer from what I’ve read. Need to synchronise both of the UX second hands as they are 2 seconds apart!

U1 could be next, but then it’s getting a bit silly, as are many things with this hobby.

My wife also commented she preferred the SDR version when she came home from work.

Cheers Paul.

Think all the UX models are chronometer from what I’ve read. Need to synchronise both of the UX second hands as they are 2 seconds apart!
    Have either of your UX's got the second hand "bounce"?

I blow hot and cold with the UX, and bought a U1 to get past it …. but the UX thing never really goes away!

I love my UX HYDRO.... just a class watch and fantastic value.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post

I blow hot and cold with the UX, and bought a U1 to get past it …. but the UX thing never really goes away!
    Hi Dave, yes mine had the backlash which I used to watch mesmerised, a real part of the character of the watch. I will miss it but I'm trying something else for now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post

Yes both have it, part of the charm. They only do it when fighting gravity, so if you hold the watch 12 side up, will do it from 30 to 60 if you get what I mean.

Like Paul said, it’s mesmerising.

Add the angle of viewing from being oil filled & it is two novelties that months in still make me smile. Closest I will ever get to the brand who’s name escapes me but hugely expensive oil filled watch with unique setting as has no crown.

First watch where crown isn’t at 3, 4 or 5 and quite liking the change.

Master
    Couldn't have put it better myself Matt. I never noticed the 1-30 and 31-60 difference though, suppose it makes sense. Save up for a U1 now to complete the trio, that's also a cracking watch. I traded mine for a Doxa which was a mistake although the Doxa was great, it sadly wasn't for me. It's good to try different ones out though, that's one of the things that makes TZ so great. Enjoy.

Hi Dave, yes mine had the backlash which I used to watch mesmerised, a real part of the character of the watch. I will miss it but I'm trying something else for now.
    I have a cunning plan which I think can justify another purchase just 2 months on splurging a Kings ransom on a Sea Dweller 43mm!

I have been wearing my U1 for work in construction for the last 4 years, and there is not a mark on the watch head, a bit of swirling on the clasp & the rubber strap has got a bit shiney.
    But I love the U1, had it for 6 years & want to keep it nice.

I'm thinking of a UX with black bezel and silver bracelet, and swap them over to the U1. So basically refresh my U1 with these parts and have a silver bezled UX on worn rubber for work.
    This will also mean getting 7 full years use out of the battery before being sent back to the Mothership for replacement and a lick of paint.
    The U1 will then spend much time in the safe, coming out for quality time.

Am I doing well Cat …. do you think she will swallow my logic?

Yes both have it, part of the charm. They only do it when fighting gravity, so if you hold the watch 12 side up, will do it from 30 to 60 if you get what I mean.

Like Paul said, it’s mesmerising.

Add the angle of viewing from being oil filled & it is two novelties that months in still make me smile. Closest I will ever get to the brand who’s name escapes me but hugely expensive oil filled watch with unique setting as has no crown.

First watch where crown isn’t at 3, 4 or 5 and quite liking the change.

Seen it on YouTube videos & used to see it as a flaw ... but as you say, it's a quirk that is part of the charm.

I can't recommend the U1 highly enough!

Like most, I bought mine blind and was pleasantly surprised how subtle the rail road markers are in the flesh, and nothing like the supersized photos on the internet. the way the hands seem to interlock into the markers just makes it so legible.

To take off that glossy sea Dweller with no AR coating, and put the U1 on is like night and day. I can tell the time in bright sunlight or in the cinema.

The U1 is brilliant, and only ever a quick wind away from jumping into service.