closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Armed forces day LLandudno

Master

Armed forces day LLandudno

The Red Arrows display just now was epic - very impressive.

Superb day, superb weather and the people all happy - Frigate in the bay supporting the Navy arm.

Excellent organised activities.

B

P.S. you can watch it on TV if you can't get here. CH96 Freeview - Forces TV

Master
    They are heading over to my side of the country too. Cleethorpes Armed Forces Day is very popular too. I'll not be going though as it is too busy.
    All a very good cause though.

That explains it.

I was outside before and what looked like a Lancaster Bomber flew over the Wirral. Given that there are only one or two in the world in flying condition I was impressed to say the least. Made one hell of a noise, but beautiful to watch. It wasn't very high either.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    That explains it.

I was outside before and what looked like a Lancaster Bomber flew over the Wirral. Given that there are only one or two in the world in flying condition I was impressed to say the least. Made one hell of a noise, but beautiful to watch. It wasn't very high either.

It would be nice to see some air action near me as I live a five minute walk from Air Command ( Bomber Command WW2 ) just outside High Wycombe.

I saw the Lancaster, well heard the four merlins first, in Bakewell at about 11.45am, cheered me up

This was a fantastic event. The Red Arrows, then Battle of Britain planes followed by a Typhoon all over Llandudno Bay in 25c was something I will remember for a long time. This was my first experience of the red arrows, incredible flying skills and the coloured smoke really adds something to the show especially in such great weather.

Some not very good images I took today there.. Anyone see Princess Anne? We didnt.

Battle of Britain flight over HMS Somerset..

Red Arrows..

vid

And the amazing wooden Spitfire..