timefactors watches
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: New 'Issued' watches for sale.

  1. #1
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    5,788

    New 'Issued' watches for sale.

    If a watch has been 'issued' then appears for sale, does it follow that it's essentially been stolen from the MOD?

    Obviously not talking about MOD disposal sales.

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ' EXEMPLO DUCEMUS '
    Posts
    4,223
    Why do you think that.

  3. #3
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,463
    Presumably questioning how a piece of equipment owned by the military ends up in a private sale.

  4. #4
    Master John Wall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shropshire cuds.
    Posts
    1,851
    Like a G10.. or an SBS... or a Milsub ??

  5. #5
    Master John Wall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shropshire cuds.
    Posts
    1,851
    Disposal sales aside,
    When does government property cease to be government property?

  6. #6
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    Why do you think that.
    Because I regularly get issued stuff and apart from some items of clothing I'm required to hand the rest back.

  7. #7
    Master Spencer Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dog House!
    Posts
    4,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunscrossed View Post
    Because I regularly get issued stuff and apart from some items of clothing I'm required to hand the rest back.
    Some people outside the military may not realise that the equipment issued is assigned a class. When I was serving 'C' class stuff was either cheap, consumable or both. The more expensive stuff is accountable, things that are 'V&A' (valuable and attractive) which you are financially liable for. You have to sign for it or sign it out. If it's V&A then it will probably have to be signed back in when you have finished using it. Guess what watches come under?

    I'm sure Guncrossed knows this, just wanted to explain to the uninitiated!

    Sent from my SM-J510FN using TZ-UK mobile app

  8. #8
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Lee View Post
    Some people outside the military may not realise that the equipment issued is assigned a class. When I was serving 'C' class stuff was either cheap, consumable or both. The more expensive stuff is accountable, things that are 'V&A' (valuable and attractive) which you are financially liable for. You have to sign for it or sign it out. If it's V&A then it will probably have to be signed back in when you have finished using it. Guess what watches come under?

    I'm sure Guncrossed knows this, just wanted to explain to the uninitiated!

    Sent from my SM-J510FN using TZ-UK mobile app
    I also know it is/was common to 'loose' items and pay the financial liability (sometimes less than the cost of the item). Not the same as buying it from the MOD.

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Within the EU and planning to stay.
    Posts
    5,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunscrossed View Post
    I also know it is/was common to 'loose' items and pay the financial liability (sometimes less than the cost of the item). Not the same as buying it from the MOD.
    Think our host posted a few years ago,the items he wished "he had lost"

  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ' EXEMPLO DUCEMUS '
    Posts
    4,223
    G10's are ' Stared' items, which means that it makes it a chargable offence under military law if you loose one.

  11. #11
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    2,249
    Can we please try lose. Women may be loose, watches can be lost.

  12. #12
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    26,289
    I've certainly lost some loose ones in the past.

  13. #13
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ' EXEMPLO DUCEMUS '
    Posts
    4,223
    Stop taking the f...ing piss out of my grammer. I suffer from MH issue's which makes me spell things wrong.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    G10's are ' Stared' items, which means that it makes it a chargable offence under military law if you loose one.
    Chargeable offence under military law?

    Do you mean Supply C126 action (RN) or whatever the Army/RAF equivalent is, i.e. you pay for the loss, nothing else?

  15. #15
    Master John Wall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shropshire cuds.
    Posts
    1,851
    I remember reading some time ago that the stores cost of a G10 was about 15 and were considered a disposable item.
    Last edited by John Wall; 2nd July 2018 at 21:28. Reason: Grammar

  16. #16
    Master Spencer Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dog House!
    Posts
    4,473
    Quote Originally Posted by halfpasttwothirty View Post
    Chargeable offence under military law?

    Do you mean Supply C126 action (RN) or whatever the Army/RAF equivalent is, i.e. you pay for the loss, nothing else?
    If i remember correctly, chargeable means financially liable. I'm pretty sure that you had to pay a sum of the value of the 'lost' item and the value of the replacement item. I can't remeber what it was for the G-10 but it was a lot more that 15!

  17. #17
    Master John Wall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shropshire cuds.
    Posts
    1,851
    I sit corrected,
    It was the Pulsar G10 and the stores price was 17:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •