closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New 'Issued' watches for sale.

Master

New 'Issued' watches for sale.

If a watch has been 'issued' then appears for sale, does it follow that it's essentially been stolen from the MOD?

Obviously not talking about MOD disposal sales.

Master
    Why do you think that.

Presumably questioning how a piece of equipment owned by the military ends up in a private sale.

Like a G10.. or an SBS... or a Milsub ??

Disposal sales aside,
    When does government property cease to be government property?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    Why do you think that.
    Because I regularly get issued stuff and apart from some items of clothing I'm required to hand the rest back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunscrossed View Post
    Because I regularly get issued stuff and apart from some items of clothing I'm required to hand the rest back.
    Some people outside the military may not realise that the equipment issued is assigned a class. When I was serving 'C' class stuff was either cheap, consumable or both. The more expensive stuff is accountable, things that are 'V&A' (valuable and attractive) which you are financially liable for. You have to sign for it or sign it out. If it's V&A then it will probably have to be signed back in when you have finished using it. Guess what watches come under?

I'm sure Guncrossed knows this, just wanted to explain to the uninitiated!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Lee View Post
    Some people outside the military may not realise that the equipment issued is assigned a class. When I was serving 'C' class stuff was either cheap, consumable or both. The more expensive stuff is accountable, things that are 'V&A' (valuable and attractive) which you are financially liable for. You have to sign for it or sign it out. If it's V&A then it will probably have to be signed back in when you have finished using it. Guess what watches come under?

I'm sure Guncrossed knows this, just wanted to explain to the uninitiated!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using TZ-UK mobile app
    I also know it is/was common to 'lose' items and pay the financial liability (sometimes less than the cost of the item). Not the same as buying it from the MOD.
    Last edited by Gunscrossed; 13th September 2018 at 10:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunscrossed View Post
    I also know it is/was common to 'loose' items and pay the financial liability (sometimes less than the cost of the item). Not the same as buying it from the MOD.
    Think our host posted a few years ago,the items he wished "he had lost"

Master
    G10's are ' Stared' items, which means that it makes it a chargable offence under military law if you loose one.

Master
    Can we please try lose. Women may be loose, watches can be lost.

I've certainly lost some loose ones in the past.

Master
    Stop taking the f...ing piss out of my grammer. I suffer from MH issue's which makes me spell things wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    G10's are ' Stared' items, which means that it makes it a chargable offence under military law if you loose one.
    Chargeable offence under military law?

Do you mean Supply C126 action (RN) or whatever the Army/RAF equivalent is, i.e. you pay for the loss, nothing else?

I remember reading some time ago that the stores cost of a G10 was about £15 and were considered a disposable item.
    Last edited by John Wall; 2nd July 2018 at 21:28. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by halfpasttwothirty View Post

Do you mean Supply C126 action (RN) or whatever the Army/RAF equivalent is, i.e. you pay for the loss, nothing else?
    If i remember correctly, chargeable means financially liable. I'm pretty sure that you had to pay a sum of the value of the 'lost' item and the value of the replacement item. I can't remeber what it was for the G-10 but it was a lot more that £15!

I sit corrected,
    It was the Pulsar G10 and the stores price was £17:50

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Lee View Post
    If i remember correctly, chargeable means financially liable. I'm pretty sure that you had to pay a sum of the value of the 'lost' item and the value of the replacement item. I can't remeber what it was for the G-10 but it was a lot more that £15!
    100% correct, i may or may not have purchased a few leatherman's by this method

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I've certainly lost some loose ones in the past.
    As long as you've not loosened some lost ones ....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matelot View Post
    100% correct, i may or may not have purchased a few leatherman's by this method

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    The fact that you paid for it doesn't mean you purchased it.

I was talking to a retired RN Lt commander about this the other day, and asked him whether he had an issued Seiko. He did and when I asked if he wanted to sell it, he told me that it remained the property of the RN especially as he was still on the reserve list.

He told me that selling MoD property was frowned upon - especially if you were still inlisted or on reserve. He also told me that the MoD have a team looking at auction sites for ex-MoD property for sale.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by halfpasttwothirty View Post

That’s what a ‘starred’ item meant way back when. Once heard of some poor bloke whilst abseiling watch a (alledgedly) £3500 night sight fall off his rifle and promptly disintergrate when it hit a load of rocks at the bottom. We were told it was a ‘star’ item and he had to pay for it out of his own pocket...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    I was talking to a retired RN Lt commander about this the other day, and asked him whether he had an issued Seiko. He did and when I asked if he wanted to sell it, he told me that it remained the property of the RN especially as he was still on the reserve list.

He told me that selling MoD property was frowned upon - especially if you were still inlisted or on reserve. He also told me that the MoD have a team looking at auction sites for ex-MoD property for sale.
    Thats right, the team are from the Royal Military Police.

I suppose the RMP would have to be on the lookout for something very specific indeed. I don't think an issued watch would count, as there are quite afew of them for sale and so Theft would be hard prove.

[/I]

Its the Mod Police currently who have the team set up trolling the auction sites. Dont forget all can be traced with the serial numbers on the back.

And they are keen so be careful what you buy. Like you said unless its from MOD disposal its technically still owned by HMG